Monday, 15 December 2014

God Jul!

God Jul, indeed!

No... I'm not learning a new language! Haven't got time for that this year. Plus... I'm still learning English, not to mention being sooo behind on everything, it's scary! In fact, I just realised I haven't posted my Christmas Card Club project! Eeeek!

Enough idle chit chat, here's a card I made for the House of Cards blog hop. A couple of friends -Mynette and Monika - suggested I play along.... a couple of weeks ago. And with just a few hours before closing time I'm screeching in with my card. Here it is... a little late!



There's a mix of stamps on this card - the stag is from Chocolate Baroque's Snowy Scenes and the greeting is from Waltzing Mouse's Nutcracker Sweet.

For the background I did some embossing with LifeStyle's Whimsy folder and added a couple of silver eyelets. The greeting is stamped on a piece of vellum and to finish I tied a bow with some sheer iridescent ribbon.



I coloured the stag with Graph'It alcohol markers. I layered with blues and silver Spellbinder die cuts. There's some sparkly Stickles Stardust on the bell and several dots of Silver Liquid Pearls for a wintery feel. And it's done!

Challenges:
House of Cards: Photo Inspiration
Waltzing Mouse Fanatics #33: AG (last challenge... sad!)

Better get back to work... it's a busy Monday! Thanks for stopping by and I'll catch up with you later with my long overdue Christmas Card Club project! (Sorry, girls!)

Beijinhos!

24 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous and sweet Asha. Glad you squeezed in to join the challenge it was made for.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the colours you've used on your card - it's absolutely fabulous. I like the use of the sentiment on vellum. Nice work. Thanks so much for playing along with our final challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics. Deborah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful Asha!! I love your take on the photo as well as your fun foreign greeting! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Asha, love that handsome stag and the gorgeous colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. God jul, that's what we say in the Scandinavian countries for merry Christmas. I was really surprised to see it on your card, although I use both English and French sentiments myself, but that doesn't seem strange at all...
    Cute reindeer image, love the embossed pattern on chocolate colored paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super colour combo for our challenge and Love that deer with a slightly cheeky look about him. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, Asha! LOVE your beautiful coloring and that great bow! The texture totally rocks, too! Thanks for hopping with us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Stunning Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Asha, I love this image and the embossing
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow great card, I adore that embossed background it's fab x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous, Asha - even that I don't like deer - they eat EVERYTHNIG in my garden :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Asha - I think your written English is fabulous!! Have a great week,

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, Asha! You really hit the nail right on the head with this color combo and the inspiration photo. Love the deer and your fab coloring, my friend. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty and love the deer and the colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Asha you use the color combo on our photo inspiration so great
    I adore all
    the image
    the coloring
    the ribbon
    the vellum embossed paper and sentiment
    you are rock lady..
    loveeee much this adorable card..
    may I have it ...
    I will send you one christmas card but please be patient
    I am so slowly hehehe :)
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow! Asha! this is really really beautiful! : )

    It is funny to think of you "learning" English! Your English is just perfect friend!! One would never guess you weren't from... Ohio! giggles.

    Hope you are having a wonderful day!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely stunning, love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card design and super colouring on the stag. Thank you for joining in with the last ever Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge.
    Kathy C

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply gorgeous!!!
    Heck, English is my first language, and I think it may have broken me for other languages. I can curse in a few though ;) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Christmas card is gorgeous Asha, I love the Reindeer image and the background embossing goes perfectly with the image. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and all of the best for the New Year. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous that stag image is magnificent, wonderful creation, have a lovely Christmas Asha
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...