Friday, 26 December 2014

Festive Thank You Cards

Happy Boxing Day / St Stephens Day, my friends! I trust everyone had a wonderful Christmas day with good food, good company and lots of presents. And now it's time to say "Thank You" for those gift vouchers, perfumes, hats, socks, pyjamas, scented candles and ugly sweaters!

My "thank you"s come in the shape of little 3.5" square notes cards. These cards are the perfect size for those little stamps on most Chocolate Baroque stamp sheets which are often overlooked or dismissed to the background on a standard sized card. It's time for these little guys to take centre stage.

I try to keep my thank you notes simple, quick to make and fast to reproduce. But I also make sure there are some that look more elaborate which I save for a few very special people.

The sentiments used in these projects come from the Pretty Poppies A5 sheet, as they are just the right size for note cards ... and, believe it or not (and to my horror!), I don't have any gratitude themed stamps by Chocolate Baroque!

The first card features the little robin from the Snowy Scenes A5 sheet. I heat embossed the snowflakes in WOW Silver and the "thanks" in WOW Bright White. The image is quickly coloured with Graph'It alcohol markers (no fancy blending) and fussy cut  - an activity I find very therapeutic!

The GI colours are: Coral, Tomato, Havana, Cigar, Tuscany and Lime.



This card features the little baubles from Hearth and Home - which I am using for the first time. Like I said, these little stamps are often forgotten. Here they are heat embossed in WOW Gold Pearl and given a little colour with Caran 'Ache SupraColor Soft watercolour pencils. I also embossed the greeting in WOW Bright White. The corners of the card base are rounded with WRMK 1/2" Corner Chomper, then I traced around with a Gold Sharpie and coloured in the white space with Caran d'Ache SupraColor II Metallic Gold pencil.

I cut out a circle and scalloped circle with Spellbinder dies. With the oversized die-cuts, the card is taking on a different shape, which I thought was fun. I adhered the baubles with foam tape and did some faux stitching with Signo Uniball White gel pen.




My last sample is the easiest of the lot and you can churn these out in no time. It took me 12min and 43seconds to make each card ... and I am by no means a speedy crafter! LOL. I blended Distress Inks in Chipped Sapphire and Salty Ocean for the background and stamped the little tree from the Pears and Baubles A4 sheet with VersaColor Tropical Green. I made little dots with a Versamarker pen and did some heat embossing in WOW White Pearl for the falling snow. And for a pop of colour, I made 2 slits at the tree trunk, threaded some red ribbon through it and tied a knot. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Majestic Blue.



Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday #353: AG
Dream It Up: December - Quick / Cute
Scrapbooker PhD #18: Christmas Critters
Give A Crafter A Cookies #8: Photo Inspiration - colours
Speed Craft #9: AG Under 15 Minutes - 12min 43secs

So there you have it - my thank you cards for this year. With three different styles and colours,  I hope you'll take away some ideas from here to make yours. Remember, you don't have to make them fussy, fancy or elaborate. It's the thought that counts and a simple gesture can mean so much.

Thank you for stopping by. Carry on with the festive merriment, friends and I'll see you again soon.

Happy Holidays and here's to a Fun and Prosperous 2015 to all!

Beijinhos,

17 comments:

  1. What gorgeous thank you cards. Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder your friends give you gifts!! These are wonderful Asha! I especially love the last one : )

    Happy New Year friend!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo behind. I love these cards and love the tree! They are so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thank you cards. Can't believe Christmas is over already. Back to work in the morning. Hope you had a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Thank You cards Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me laugh, the last card 'you can churn' these out! This would take me forever and still wouldn't look like this! Hope you are having fun and the tree hasn't be knocked down every night x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards and well done for being under the time limit too ;)

    Thank you so much for joining us at Speed Craft Challenge and good luck

    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Thank You cards, love them all. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your creations are great quick and/or cute cute cute! thank you for joining our monthly challenge at Dreamweaver Stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color on the last card..the bauble card you gave stunning faux stitching on it and the first one I love the colored Image..Asha you really a quick cardmaker..like me i love to make quick card LOL...cause so mini time I have..big hugs n miss you..Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely Thank you cards sweetie, they look like they have taken a long time.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet thank you cards Asha lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow well done Asha all 3 are beautiful cards. Good to see you did them under the 15 minutes.

    Thank you for taking part in our Speed Craft Challenge, hope to see you on the next one.

    Mo:-)
    DT Speed Craft Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've definitely knocked out some stunners! I especially love that chubby little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  16. The embossing is so perfect - I'm jealous. I can't seem to get flawless embossing - especially with white. It gets everywhere. Ha. Thanks for joining ScrapbookerPhD.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...