Monday, 1 December 2014

Eclectic Ellapu December: Vintage Christmas

Well hello, December! And that means there's new challenge starting over at  Eclectic Ellapu. We've got more talented ladies in the group now and MORE crafty inspiration for you.

Let's get down to business. As always the 2 teams - Pinks and Purples - are playing together, but they have own themes. The Pinkies are feeling nostalgic with "A Vintage Christmas" and the Purplies would like you to make a project that is "Christmas But Not A Card".

Here's my vintage creation... I think it's vintage ... I hope it is.



The background paper is from Dovecraft's Back To Basics Christmas Vintage Collection. The images are by Chocolate Baroque. The mantle piece is from Santa Baby.  The bookshelf and greeting are from The Gift of Christmas. Incidentally, you'll find that bookshelf on my very first DT make for Eclectic Ellapu way back in Oct 2012. I've taken something old and paired it with a new stamp that was released this year. Talk about timeless versatility ... and value for money to boot!

I used Distress Inks in Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo and Antique Linen to age the cardstock.

Here's close-up of the image. I used Graph'It markers to colour and to finish some Glossy Accents on the baubles, Stickles for sparkle and Liquid Pearls for subtle dimension.



The sentiment inside is from Chocolate Baroque's Warm Christmas Greetings, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa.



Here are the stamp sets used and you can get them over at the Christmas section of Chocolate Baroque's online store.



Challenges for this oldie:


Now it's your turn to create and link up your labour of love over at the Eclectic Ellapu Challenge Blog. Remember, we have 2 concurrent challenges: "Vintage Christmas" for the Pink Team and "Anything But A Card" for the Purple Team. You can enter one or both challenges as many times as you wish, but make sure you link up your projects by 11:59pm GMT on 31 Januray 2015.

That's right. You have 2 whole months to play. This will be our last challenge for the year. We're taking a break in January and will be back a brand new challenge on 1 February 2015.

Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy the run-up to Christmas.

Beijinhos!

29 comments:

  1. Super vintage creation Asha, looking forward to working with you here. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vintage background and warm colours, love this atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, wuuuuuuunderschön
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really brilliant design here my friend!! Gorgeous details, layout and lace trimmings too!! I love it!! ;) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great!! Wonderful job with the vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and has put me in a bit of a Christmas spirit! I love the mantle piece and the candle. It is definitely vintage and I will be able to make more than one creation since I have 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnificent coloring, Asha! Loving the torn and distressed edges. That sentiment is like a list of things I need to do -- well, except for the "Let It Snow" part since I don't live where it snows. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant composition Asha, I have NEVER thought of "mixing" stamps!! Fabulous card, love the colours too really traditional xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful composition Asha, gorgeous colours and layout, very imaginative use of stamps, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful :) I love the distressed inking and gorgeous coloring u did

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks gorgeous and definitely Vintage to me sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic Vintage card Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Asha. A really old fashioned image! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous Asha, it is so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is well and truly vintage sweetie. I just love it but then again I love all your work hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is truly a vintage beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful vintage Christmas card Asha!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Asha. you are so talented at colouring to great effect. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful coloring!! wowie and definitely Vintage!! otherwise it would have a big screen TV on the shelf! giggles : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  20. Asha
    Oh My God
    I looovee your coloring it looks like someone in a Magazin
    your coloring are Incredible..
    seriously I love this card (AGAIN) I always love your card you are great at coloring
    may I get one on my hand Asha
    we can exchange
    and my fav color is Purple..
    Hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fantastic image you've created using several stamps! Wonderful coloring, the distressing is a great touch for a vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Asha, your vintage Christmas card is just amazing! The colours are stunning. Thanks for playing along in my Christmas Card challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Asha, your cards always amaze me! This one is no exception--absolutely stunning! I'd love for you to come and hop with us at House of Cards if you have the time and would be over the moon if you entered our DT call! I hope you have time to join the fun of the hop--we have prizes! HUGS! :) Mynn

    The hop is here: http://houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/12/end-of-term-blog-hop-prizes.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card and I love that fabulous image. Definitely vintage and great colours! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  25. DEFINITELY vintage! Those distressed edges - wow! and I love the little lace bow!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Asha, such a beautiful card, love the scene.

    Teighan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing, what a great card x

    ReplyDelete
  28. lovely christmas card, Asha.
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...