Thursday, 4 December 2014

Chocolate Baroque: Quick Christmas Cards

Good morning, crafty comrades! With the deadline to post Christmas cards fast approaching, I've got a few quick and easy festive cards to show you for those last minute makes. Join me as I flip through Chocolate Baroque's holiday archives and ink up stamps from Christmases past.

*********************

First up is this colourful number showcasing an intricate image from the Peace On Earth A5 sheet released in September 2011. After heat embossing it in black with Stampendous Detail Black EP, I blended Distress Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Evergreen Bough and Pine Needles for the background. To finish, I added Stickles for some starry sparkle and gold ribbon for a regal touch.. The greeting is from the Warm Christmas Greetings clear sheet, heat embossed in white. I rounded the bottom corners with WRMK's 1/2" Corner Chomper.



Challenges:
Crafting By Design: All Things Christmas
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Christmas
Word Art Wednesday #161: AG Uplifting

********************

Next up is a super simple card, perfect for mass producing. This time I'm playing with the Pears and Baubles A4 sheet released in 2012.  The bauble is stamped in VersaFine Satin Red, fussy cut and adhered to the background which I dry embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. I dressed the bauble with Gold Liquid Pearls and Stardust Stickles. The greeting is from the same sheet, stamped with VersaFine Black Onyx and cut with Spellbinders Ribbon die. The red, cream and black colour combo is effortlessly dramatic.

Products used to make this card:

Challenges:
Kylie Is Addicted To Stamps: Christmas
Delightful Sketches: Twinkle Twinkle
Addicted To Stamps #124: CAS

********************

Our trip down memory lane ends with this enchanting A4 set called The Gift Of Christmas which was released in August 2012. It also happens to be my personal favourite and my very first set from Chocolate Baroque. The silhouette of the cat and dog looking up at the tree sums up Christmas at our home.

I've kept it simple by heat embossing the image in black, lightly inking the background with Antique Linen stamping the snowflakes from Holly Bells A5 sheet with Memento Desert Sand. For the tree I blended with Distress Inks in shades of green: Pine Needles, Peeled Paint and Bundles Sage. To finish I dressed, the tree with Red Liquid Pearls and Icicle Stickles, added a gold star and a red bow. The greeting from A Child Is Born A4 sheet is stamped with VersaFine Black Onyx.

I rounded corners with WRMK's 1/2" Corner Chomper and  I adhered the image using foam tape on to brown pearlescent cardstock.




Challenges:
CCEE Stampers 1449: Christmas Tic Tac Toe - Pine, Glitter, Animal
4 Crafty Chicks #223: Animals
Stamping Royalty #257: Favourite Stamp Set - The Gift Of Christmas by Chocolate Baroque


*******************

There you have it - 3 surprisingly quick cards made extra special with embossing, Distress Inks and a little sparkle ... couldn't be simpler! I hope you'll some useful ideas from these for your own Christmas projects.

Enjoy your Advent experience, friends, as you prepare for the big day. The days are passing so quickly and it'll be Christmas before you know it. Thank you for making time to drop in today. I'm a little behind on my visiting ... it's been a hectic couple of week. But I'll be stopping by soon, promise! Stay warm and happy!

Beijinhos


26 comments:

  1. 3 wonderfully festive cards. All beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple, riiiiight ;) The best part is that it doesn't look the least bit easy! These are all fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all beautiful Asha!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All gorgeous cards Asha. My favourite is the first one..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three beautifully designed cards Asha the images are gorgeous the designs of each one look amazing, superb makes.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful set of cards Asha, love the silhoette card and stunning bauble, thanks for joining us at Atsm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three really gorgeous creations sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty but I have to admit I love the bottom one because it reminds me of my home too. They look so beautiful and there is more work here than you let on:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! these cards do not look as though they were quick and easy! little works of art!! : ) You do such nice work.

    Have a great day, friend!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! You've been such a busy little crafter my friend!! I love the beautiful card at the top with the distress inks over your embossing! The images from the sets you're using are just gorgeous!! Love the Vintage style and the way you've showcased them all look amazing!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quic cards! It wouldn't be for me, I'm one of the slowest makers around. Each card us so different. I love the colors of your first one, non traditional, but your card feels very Christmasy with that image. Beautiful!
    Your second is really elegant and feels Scandinavian in style, which I of course love.
    I love silhouette images and I like how you put the friendly cat and dog together in front of the Christmas tree, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors are so striking on your 1st card! BEAUTIFULLY done! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas/Holidays” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quick?! They look really impressive...such a great trio!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three fabulous holiday cards! Thanks for creating the tree with the dog and cat for the CCEE Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!! What a delightful design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Asha these are beautiful quick cards using some fab stamps. Wonderful post! Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That ornament is stunning! The red, cream and black is so elegant!! Thanks so much for playing along in my Christmas Card Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards, Asha! Love the background on the first one, the second one is simply stunning and the third is fun! Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super stunning quick Christmas cards. Love the vintage feel of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely seto of cards! Love he background in the first one, and the bauble looks striking on red and white, thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've been busy, my friend! I love each one of these and especially love how you did the soft bckground on the first one. Darling image of the cat and dog watching hte lights on the tree. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are gorgeous, love the images used and the fabulous designs, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous series of cards - I think they are all lovely. The Christmas ornament you've made for ASM is just stunning. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely cards Asha! I particularly like the bauble card! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woooww Asha you are a busy bee
    all are adorable
    the first one I love your black embossing so neat and tidy Stunning with that red paper
    second one I adore the red on your christmas element ooh you are so clever to make the quick card it is not so fast if me who made it...
    and the third one fun card love the add of red and add of the snow hihi I never seen snow inside but it is add a great touch on your card
    Love all your card Asha..
    miss you....hope you have time to visiting me again
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful job, love the colors! The furry friends are so cool. Thanks for playing our "Animals" challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT
    4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are some fabulous Christmas cards you have here! Thanks for joining us for our "Twinkle, Twinkle" Challenge this week at Delightful Challenges! Julie, DT Member

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...