Sunday, 16 November 2014

Christmas Card Club #24: Teabag Fold / Origami

Honetly, I cannot believe it's time for another Christmas Card congregation. But here we are and the theme this fortnight is Teabag Fold / Origami. Our lovely Karen Pettit of Stamping In Pink decided that we should flex our fingers and get creative at the same time.

And that's what I did. The main character on my card project is a wreath made from 8 pieces of 2" squares, each painstakingly folded and assembled in a circle.

Since there's a quite a bit of action with the folding, I kept the rest of the card simple bit some unknown green patterned paper for the background and dotted the corners with Ivy Green LP. The wreath is framed with Spellbinders's Square Fleur de Lis diecut and dotted with some Gold LP on it. The greeting from CBS Sweet Little Sentiments, stamped on a piece of velum with Brilliance Graphite Black. I finished the card with a red bow.


Here's a close-up of the wreath. I cut up an 8" square patterned paper from Dovecrafts's Vintage Christmas into 2" squares and got 16 bits from the sheet. Then I inked the edges with TH Peeled Paint and folded each piece. Next, I assembled 8 pieces into a circle by tucking one edge into the other, holding down with a little dot of fast-drying glue. Finally, I glitzed up the edges with Stardust Stickles and finished with some Ruby Red LP.  I made 2 wreaths from one 8" square patterned paper.


You can see that the wreath is quite dimensional but it obediently squishes down when stuffed into an envelope, which makes it perfect for mailing. Thank you Karen for this wonderful challenge. It really made me think and do a little research. It's always nice to learn a new skill, allowing me to add "can fold itty bitty bits of paper" on my CV!


I can't remember where I found this folding technique on the net. But as soon as I find it again I'll add the link so you can have a go at making these cute little wreaths.

EDIT: 
* Found it!!! Check out this awesome tutorial to make this Paper Fold Christmas Wreath. *

In the meantime, here's a list of the rest of the Christmas Card Club girls. I have a feeling these ladies have something crafty up their sleeves. Why don't you swing by and see what they're up to.

Karen P ... Maureen ... Margaret ... Carol ... Lizzie ... Hazel ... Karen B ... Sue P ... Sylvie ...
Sue J ... Zoë ... Christine ... Mary ... Lorraine ... Rita ... Rachel ... Valery ... GranMargaret ... Kate

Hanging my wreath at these challenges:

CHNC #203: Go Green - green bg paper, green LPs

42 comments:

  1. Well done Asha, your wreath looks fantastic! The papers you have used match well and look great. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE folding and I can imagine how long time needed to make this lovely wreath I adore this too Asha and yes agree the behind must be not so complicated cause the vocal point is already so awesome..Love this my dear friend and thanks for visiting me its always a happiness to have you on my post..biig hugs...Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic looking wreath! Great job folding all the pieces and putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Wreath Asha. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your wreath Asha, you've made a wonderful job of it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Asha - I really like how you have inked the edges of the wreath because you have made it stand out beautifully. Great Card.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx (plus mwah from B to Mr P)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful wreath card Asha. This times theme was a little challenging for some of us I think but it's good to try something new and everyone has created some beautiful projects.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Asha...that stunning.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful wreath, Asha! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Asha, looks complicated, love your papers and design, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really, really cool! This is such a neat technique and you've utilized it wonderfully to create and awesome Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is stunning. I love all the folds. Do you have a tutorial it's really stunning. Hope all good with you. Zx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added a link to the tutorial, Zoë.
      xA

      Delete
  13. COR!! That is really fabulous Asha! Love it! I have changed to a colour challenge for next year so my choice hopefully won't be such a pain in the proverbial to everyone. Will keep an eye out for that link as I love a bit of origami Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That is what I have to say...wow! So much detail and fiddly work. It is beautiful:) Knowing me, I would be trying to fold it and then I would crush it into a tiny ball and drop kick it across the room:) Snowy and cold here

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful and different wreath card Asha ...Loz

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks fantastic Asha.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Asha, This is an absolute lovey piece. Such pretty papers and I love the great wreath design.

    I came by to say thank you for visiting my Doodle Pieces, leaving such a wonderful comment and for following my blog. It is such a pleasure to meet you. I really enjoyed my visit to your blog, and I love all your work. You have such an elegant creative style and I look forward to working along side you on the Eclectic Ellapu Team. I am also now following you on Google and Bloglovin' so I can come back and visit again.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, this had to take a lot of time and patience, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not seen that fold before. It looks lovely and perfect for Karen's challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is Beautiful Asha!! I love the dp you used for the wreath and that fold makes an awesome wreath. It looks so complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Asha! you are an itty bitty bits of paper artist!! wowie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I must try this fold. It makes a wonderful wreath. The card is lovely.
    Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome design. I first heard of this the other day, so it was so good to see your use of teabag folding art. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow that is so clever and must have taken ages and you added stitching, This should be in our gallery at Time out my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Painstaking is right! I haven't tried this technique in ages - it's stunning & a definite show stopper!

    ReplyDelete
  26. super cool - I came to comment on Polkadoodles and got side tracked!!! Glad that I did x

    ReplyDelete
  27. A beautiful wreath with your tea bag folds (I have never done this, and passed on the challenge! I'm a wimp). The folded wreath looks stunning in the pretty die cut out & really did take center stage...most magnificently. TFS (oh yes, thanks for the link. I'll try to check it out).

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a pretty card! I love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the texture and dimension given by the intricate folding! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW!! This looks amazing Asha!! I love your wreath with the folds and I'm sure it took a while to get it all together!! The whole design came out beautifully my friend! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Terrific tea folds, Asha! I love tea bag fold cards and this one is marvelous! Thanks for the link to the tutorial. Fabulous color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You brave girl! Love this technique Asha but I've never been brave enough to do it. You may have nudged me to. This is beautiful!!! Love how you used the inspiration photos and thanks for the link to the tutorial. :) Have a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. OH how neat!! What a pretty card and such a fun technique! Very intriguing!! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card, fabulous folded wreath - gorgeous. Have a great rest of the week. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh well done, Asha, for responding so well to Karen's CCC challenge with this gorgeous card. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. Sorry I'm so late commenting - busy time this week and also broadband went done for a day. x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you for the link back to the tutorial. Since the wreath is two sided it can be hung up on the tree for a simple ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  37. That is one stunning and absolutely adorable card! I love the design and colors. Simply amazing and a perfect Christmas greetings this coming holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is incredible :) love how intricate the wreath looks, u have so much of patience and I guess it always pays off :) So very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awesome Origami Wreath! Thanks for joining us this wee at Christmas Card Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  40. What fabulous folding - this will stand out! Thanks a lot for joining in with my Festive 48.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Asha
    Fabulous card... Love the wreath... Great take on the Challenge
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...