Sunday, 2 November 2014

Christmas Card Club #23: Snowmen

Well well, here we are in November! How did that happen, I ask ya?! In any case, the Christmas Card Girls have come together again for another show and tell. This fortnight, our lovely Lorraine picked the theme of "Snowmen".  Looking at my card now, I didn't quite follow the theme. Can I get away with just one Snowman?

The images are from Chocolate Baroque's Snowy Penguin and the sentiments are from Christmas Magic clear stamp sets.

I inked up the bg with TH Chipped Sapphire and Tumbled Glass.
The snowflakes are stamped in Versacolor Silver and added a few
Liquid Pearl dots for texture. 

Here's a close-up. I coloured the little guys with Graph'It markers,
fussy cut and adhered them to the bg. Then I slapped on some
Stardust Stickles for a little sparkle and shine.

The inside looks like this. 

You may be aware that I am scrambling to make cards for Vera Yates and Jennifer McGuire's Caring Hearts Card Drive to collect cards for the elderly in nursing home. If you'd like to join in, just head on over to Jennifer's blog post on the Caring Hearts Card Drive for all the details.

Here are 3 more quick makes for the cause with the same Snowmen theme - three Snowmen! Yay!

I stamped the Snowman with Versafine Black Onyx on watercolour paper.
Kept it very simple with a few snowflakes in the bg with VersaMagic Sea Breeze.
 

Here's a close-up. I used Caran d'Ache Supracolor Soft
Aquarelle pencils. Added some Stardust Stickles for a little
icy sparkle.  I stamped the greeting with VersaFine Majestic Blue.

A few challenges for this card:

My Perfect Life: AG Christmas
Addicted to Stamps #119: CAS
Christmas Card Challenges #49: No Embellishments
Jingle Belle Rock: Feature A Creature
Graph'It #44: Water /Ice/ Blue/ Purple
CHNC #201: Sparkle
Completely Christmas #36: AG Christmas Twist Add A Robin


Here's a list of the rest of the Christmas Card Club girls. These ladies are exceptionally good at what they do. I highly recommend you swing by for a dose of inspiration.

Karen P ... Maureen ... Margaret ... Carol ... Lizzie ... Hazel ... Karen B ... Sue P ... Sylvie ...
Sue J ... Zoë ... Christine ... Mary ... Lorraine ... Rita ... Rachel ... Valery ... GranMargaret ... Kate

Have a lovely Sunday, friends. I'll be back tomorrow .... playing with a few brand new stamps! Thanks for dropping in!

Beijinhos!

39 comments:

  1. WOW, wunderschöne Karten
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your snowman and his friend. Great card - as are your other snowmen with their piles of snowballs. I'm staying away from them - don't want a snowball down my neck!! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card for my theme Asha, he is gorgeous and so too are your other snowman makes, it's for a good cause. Love the stitching detail and beautiful sentiment too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cutie two lovely images together. I have a soft spot for both snowmen and penguins.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous snowman card Asha. Love those stamps. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic oloring ... so glad you joined our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a one man card too so I'm in good company, but I don't have a cute penguin! Super colouring and fab fun card. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful snowman Asha!!! huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I love love snowmen, they are just so magical. Your background is fabulous, I love your design and even the inside is cute. Great job. Thank you for playing along with us in our Colouring Crazy Challenge for Graph'it. I hope to see you back again, Good Luck! ~ Lizzy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your snowmen Asha...and not forgetting the penguin! Great card for the challenge. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thought the background was a dp so great job there.
    Thanks for joining in at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make such beautiful backgrounds with your inks, Asha. Mine always end up looking messy (hence all the fussy cutting). A wonderful wintery scene!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Asha
    Fabulous cards... Love the snowman
    Thanks for joining us at Completely Christmas
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet. I love the background and the gentle way you created the snow look at the bottom and the shading and then the cute snowman with his buddy:) I am already going to send cards to About Festive Friends which I heard about through the Dutchess

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the subtle background and fab image, coloured to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. just love your card Asha,great images and fabulous colouring! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely flawless colouring, and it's great to see such smiley snowmen (some can be a bit scary looking!) Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great snowy collection Asha and perfect colourwork and stitching as usual xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous cards and love love the snowmen! TFS and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cute is this!! Really love this fun snowman and penguin snow buddies! An adorable scene for them too! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable, snowman and penguin, two of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful lovely soft inkyness for that stunning background - I love it all! Great use of colour and more stamps to add to the endless wish list lol! Lovely snowmen cards Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so gorgeous Asha,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well I can see loads of snowmen albeit on different cards so I think you have gotten away with it! Lol. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  25. such fun and festive holiday cards, you have been very busy to excellent effect! so pleased you could join the "creature feature" fun at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh dear...I did the same thing and only used one snowman. I didn't catch that!

    Yours looks great as always...I see you made up for one by making so many extra for this very good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely selection of cards. Sure qualified as "snowmen" in my book. Especially enjoyed your snowy background hills on card #1, but loved the coloring & design of each one of these pretties. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for entering your lovely card in our Christmas Card Challenge this week!
    Monica-CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card Asha, love the expression on the penguin's face, great layout too, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Asha - I'm sure it didn't matter whether it was one or more snowmen but I love how you have manoeuvred your way around this one - yay!!!! Great cards and such lovely backgrounds.

    Blossom sends her love to Dick and says she is missing him too!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. love your cards Asha - brilliant snowmen! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  32. BIG giggles! that penguin's face cracks me up!! Sweet card Asha!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  33. Super card for Lorraine's CCC challenge. Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 36 and CHNC challenge 201 with your lovely crafting - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely gorgeous detail with the stitching & sponging! I love the trio of snowmen too :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great scene you've created aon the first card and all the cards are fun and beautifully coloured. Thanks a lot for joining in with my Festive 48. Hope you can link up again next week. Marina http://myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  36. Super cute Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think I ever seen this car Asha hehe but I am wrong...this is so cute and I love the way you put the snowflakes there...nice coloring as always...great card Asha..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...