Good morning, friends! Today I want to share with you a card project featuring the cherries from the new Mellow Fruitfulness A5 sheet. These colours are my current favourite combo of warm orange and yellow with a sprinkling of olive green and a pop of red. Leaves from last month's Autumn Poppy A4 sheet is making a guest appearance too, stamped in the background. I've fussy cut the leafy border from the new Autumn Edges A5 sheet and finished the project with a greeting from the Birthday Words A5 set.
Here's a closer look at the card. The background is a blend of various Distress Inks and I used alcohol markers to colours the images. Check out the deliciously ripe gloss of the cherries! And to make sure you don't miss it, I've fussy cut the image and mounted it on foam tape.
1. Start by blending ink for the background: Wild Honey, Mustard Sees, Squeezed Lemonade
2. Stamp the leaves from Autumn Poppy with Rusty Hinge
3. Stamp the leafy border from Autumn Edges on bleed proof paper and colour with Military, Lime, Pistachio. Fussy cut and adhere in a row on card front.
4. Stamp cherries from on bleed proof paper and colour with Ruby, Tomato, Coral and the leaves with Sequoia, Forest, Normandy. Fussy cut and adhere to card front with foam tape. Add Glossy Accent to the cherries. Tie baker's twine into a bow and adhere to the image.
5. Stamp greeting from Birthday Words with VersaFine Olympic Green. Add a few pale green bling to finish.
TH Distress Inks: Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Mustard Sees, Squeezed Lemonade.
Graph'It markers: Military, Lime, Pistachio, Sequoia, Forest, Normandy, Ruby, Tomato, Coral
Here's the inside of the card. The sentiment is from Birthday Words, stamped with VersaFine Olympic Green. I stamped the leafy branch with TH Crushed Olive.
How about a few challenges for this card.
Crafting For All Seasons #90: Birthdays
Fab N Funky: Birthday Celebrations
All Sorts #286: No Patterned Paper Allowed
Brown Sugar #121: Use 2 or More Colours
Delightful Challenge: Add A Gem
Sweet Stampin: "Birthday"
That's all from me today! Thank you so much for stopping by. It's cold, grey and sunless here. No wonder I keep making cards with warm tones. Wrap up warm and craft on, friends!