Hello, my friends. I want to share with you a card that I made using Chocolate Baroque's new November release stamps. You can see the original post over at the Design Team Blog. Here I want to tell you about the products and tools used in creating this card.
This stamp of three trees in three seasons is from the brand new Autumn Edges A5 sheet, which is perfect for the reflection technique.
Here's what I did:
1. Stamp the trees using VersaMark and heat set with Stampendous Fine Detail Black EP.
2. Ink the tree stamp again, this time with *VersaFine Smokey Grey. Using a stamp-positioner, stamp onto the imaging sheet. The imaging sheet is now a "stamp" with the reflection of the original stamp. Quickly match up the tree bases on inked surface of the imaging sheet to the stamp tree bases on the card and press down firmly. Work fast before the ink dries on the imaging sheet so that you get a good clear reflection. Heat set. To avoid messy smudging, use water-proof ink (such as VersaFine) because the background will be created with water-based Distressed Inks.
(* Late Edit: I received several emails regarding my choice of VersaFine Smokey Grey for the reflection. Here's why: I wanted the reflection to be just a little lighter than the trees. As seen in the water it should be just a touch "weaker" than the trees on the ground. It made sense to me at the time. What do you think?)
3. I wanted to keep this card light and went for pales shades for the sky with TH Distress Inks: Milled Lavender, Victorian Velvet, Worn Lipstick and a hint of Dusty Concord at the corners. Apply little dots of White Opal Liquid Pearls on the sky.
4. For the river bank I used TH Antique Linen, Crushed Olive and a touch of Peeled Paint. For subtle shimmer I traced a very thin line of Gold Liquid Pearls to create the water margin.
5. For the water I blended TH Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean very very lightly. I traced a thin broken line of Baby Blue Liquid Pearls close to the water margin and similar littles lines with Opal White Liquid Pearls to create movement in the water.
6. The sentiment is from Butterfly Dreams A4 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue.
Here's a close-up of the image. Hopefully you can see some of the details. There's lots of shimmer and texture in real life which don't come through in the photo. But it's really pretty.
A few challenges for this card:
Addicted To Stamps #121: AG
Inspiration Destination #7: AG
Wonderful Wednesday: AG
Word Art Wednesday #158: AG Inspirational
Crafter's Café #90: Friendship
I hope you give it a go because it's one of those cards that you can dress up or down to good effect. It's a simple card, although it looks "complicated"... and you should know by now I don't do complicated ... not so close to Christmas anyways!
Thanks for stopping by on this cold and wet day. I hope the sun is shining where you are. See ya tomorrow!