Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Tuesday Throwdown #219: Dress Up

So here we are, friends! It's the last Tuesday this month and we have a fun little challenge for you. With Halloween just days away let's play "Dress Up"! Our sponsor this week is Chi Chi Memories and I am using a cute little image of Candace in a ladybug costume.

You don't have to make a Halloween card - I didn't. As long as your focal image is dressed up in costume, you're in. So feel free to create any card: birthday, wedding, Christmas - anything you fancy.

Here's a birthday card I made for my neighbour's little girl who's 12 going on 35:

The bg paper is from Basic Grey. I made a banner for the greeting and added a few
buttons for embellishment. I used SB Circle die to cut out the window and a square
punch to make the banners.

I coloured little Candace with Graph'It markers, fussy cut and adhered her
directly to the base card... with her antennae rising above the window.  

Added a few more banners on the inside of the card. 

A few challenges for this card:

Artistic Inspirations #115: Anything Goes #115 / Spooky - AG
Card Mania #58: Buttons
Sieze The Birthday #10: Birthday + Opt Topping Washi Tape
Love To Scrap #40: Seeing Dots

Now it's your turn to create a project based on this week's theme: "Dress Up". For ideas and inspiration, take a peek at what the rest of the DT members have made. Remember to link up your project at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge Blog by 3pm Pacific / 11pm UK by Monday, November 3rd. And the most important requirement: Have Fun!

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm sorry I haven't been around much. Been nursing a problem wisdom tooth. Every 5 years or so it decides to inch forward and sends me to hell and back. It's not easy being so wise! Hahaha ... if only!

Beijinhos! 

28 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Asha. Love your coloring and fussy cutting, especially around those antennae. Thanks for the inside peek, too. Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE!! This is so very sweet Asha!! Gorgeous coloring and I really love those papers to go with her! ;) Great job! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Asha, I like the image and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so darn cute sweetie. So sorry you are suffering Hun hope it dies down soon.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope that pesky tooth leaves you alone soon, there's nothing worse :0(
    LOVE the card, what a little poppet, beautifully coloured and the stitching still amazes me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candace is just adorable! Great job with your coloring!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card- Love that you made a non- Halloween card- great idea! Love the antennae popping out from the die- that is a brilliant look, and love t=your sentiments inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! She is darling in her costume. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Asha!! I love the sweet dp you paired with the cutie and Great coloring also :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well how CUTE is she! Love this adorable image Asha and it's nice to see a non Halloween card right now. :) It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got a little granddaughter that's 12 going on 35 too! LOL! CUTE card and love the way you made it into a birthday card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful coloring on your sweet card! I love this little lady bug and also how you completed the inside with banners and sentiment! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card! I love the extras you added to the inside of the card! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card and image Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet image! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really lovely sweet card, super colouring and design, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Asha, this card is just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great card. Love the background paper. Love the image too they are all great.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card Ashs and that image is a delight.....xx
    aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a cute image and great DSP as the background-this would be loved by all ages x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hallo Asha, your card is beautiful. I love the cute image and the layout.

    My dear friend I Hope your tooth will heal quickly.

    Sending you and Rosie hugs.

    Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tooth pain is awful!! I hope it passes soon. I had mine out 20 years ago, and every couple of years I develop pain in one of the spaces - bone reforming or some such foolishness. Ugh.
    This card is purely adorable - love the paper & that sweet image! And every 12 year old girl I meet lately seems to have that same age confusion, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh myyyy this is cutie pieee she is a lovely Image and great colored and lovely DP too nice add of the buttons..lovely design again my friend...sweet cute card...hugs, Monika

    PS: hope you like to see my last post :-) ..its a card with ghost but made by felt :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this card, Asha! Wonderful coloring on the image and such fab paper. I'm so far behind on visiting but I'm going to get caught up right now. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  25. This card is so cute! I love the papers and the inside is always set off so nicely. Can you not get the tooth taken out? I had 2 wisdom teeth taken out at once, in the hospital. I had to eat baby food for a while but it was worth it

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm giggling here!! like a million miles away and you make me giggle!! Darling card friend!!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...