Friday, 3 October 2014

Merci

Hello friends! Hope you are well. I have had a hectic couple of days and in my haste I completely forgot to post this card. It should have gone out yesterday. Oh well, here it is. I have another one for you tomorrow. Let's see if I can get that out on time! :)

Here's a side step card I made with stamps from Chocolate Baroque's new Autumn Poppies A4 stamp sheet. This is autumn at it's best and I love everything about autumn: the colours, the smells, the cooler temperature. There is an unspoken excitement in the air - Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas ... so much to look forward to. Ok, maybe I don't like everything about autumn. Sweeping up falling leaves... well, I'd happily give that a miss!



Lots of browns, muted gold, burnt orange and a hint of yellow on this card. Start by blending Tim Holtz Distress Inks for the bg: Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Walnut, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen. Dark colours around the edges with lighter tones toward the middle.
Then I randomly stamped a leaf from the Autumn Poppies sheet with Memento Potter's Clay. The greeting is from Pretty Poppies A5 stamp sheet, heat embossed in white.



Here's a close-up of the mushrooms. I must admit, I never really saw mushrooms as a thing of beauty, much less have them on a card! I think I've changed my mind. These guys are coloured with Graph'It markers: 1210, 1230, 3120, 3245, 3255, 9303, 9304 and 9306. Next I fussy cut and mounted on foam tape. I stamped more leaves with Memento Potter's Clay coloured with Promarkers Olive Green and Moss then fussy cut and adhered them to the card.

More falling leaves. This time I coloured them with Graph'It 3125 and 3140, fussy and randomly adhered them to the steps of the card.

Taking my 'shrooms to these challenges:



Ok, must dash! Thank you so much for stopping by and I'll see ya tomorrow with another card.

Beijinhos!



28 comments:

  1. WOWZER!! Asha, this is a really amazing side-step design!! Gorgeous Fall colors and I just love the added leaves to it!! I've been seeing many of these side-steppers...I'm in the mood to make one now!! :) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab card Asha, love those mushrooms and the colours are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Asha - reminds me about when I was little and we went into the woods to collect mushrooms! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I would never think of making mushroom cards...um...that sounded a bit to 60's didn't it? The colouring is great and the one card, easel style, is really cool. I wish I could do that style. i have tried...and failed. The leaves are wonderfully done

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness this has to the best colouring yet! The colours are so warm and the design amazing. Thanks for joining us at ATSM and have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, this is the most gorgeous autumn design! I love everything about it! You've put a lot of effort and heart into this design, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card. I saw the thumbnail at Word Art Wednesday and had to come see a big version. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colouring and stitched layers Asha. This is a wonderful card and as you say who would have thought that mushrooms would look so good on a card? This stamp set looks so versatile.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was definitely worth the wait, Asha! My goodness there's so much fabulous detail I hardly know what to light on to mention! Me too I wouldn't have thought "mushrooms" and "gorgeous" together, but these ones are. So autumnal and elegant. And those leaves! I just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fabulous Asha I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ashaaaaaa this is OMG
    Your coloring like its a real one wooowww
    I love it and nice design too and nice sentiment and nice stamp..
    Love love love
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asha,
    These mushrooms are so wonderful. Thank you for posting your art with us this week during our 152nd challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Hoping you have a fine, fun day, full of glorious giggles, with buckets of blessings from Heaven as you work, and play.
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've made mushrooms look elegant and inviting!! : ) What a talented paper crafter you are my dear friend!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!! This is Stunning Asha. The colors and mushrooms look so vibrant..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really beautiful stunning creations Asha.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, this is a stunning card, my favourite colours and what interesting images, I would never have thought of a card with lots of mushrooms, I think I must buy this stamp.
    Wonderful step design and perfect colouring, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very beautiful and awesome coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW Asha this is awesome, what a beautiful Autumnal creation, those mushrooms are fabulous so is the card fold and design, excellent make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What awesome autumn creations Asha, fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, what a stunning card, fabulous design! thank you so much for joining us at A Creative Romance, Mel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous step card design, Asha! Love the fall colors...just beautiful! So happy you could join us at ATS&M!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wohoooo!! amazing , Love the stamps, designs, colors layout... basically everything about this beauty !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Asha. Your mushrooms are stunning, they look so real. Amazing colouring and 3D effect, love it! Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, I love those stamps and you've showcased them beautifully Asha. xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. You may have changed my mind about mushrooms, too! These are beautifully colored and have such a textured look! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  28. A real masterpiece dear Asha, great image and colours, super!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...