Friday, 24 October 2014

Express Puddings

This must be the quickest post ever!

A fortnight ago I read about Vera Yates and Jennifer McGuire's Caring Hearts Card Drive and was determined to chip in. A dozen Christmas cards for the elderly in nursing homes - what a beautiful way to spread some festive cheer.

Alas, in true Asha fashion,  "this" and "that" happened and all my good intentions leapt out the window and disappeared into the wilderness ... until I saw Stephanie's post. Must be the Universe giving me a kick in the posterior to get a move on those cards I so eagerly wanted to make.
Terrible photo. Will try & get
a better shot tmrw in daylight.

As promised, a dozen of my cards will make their way across the pond by 28 November. These will be quick to make and light to post. No bulky embellies nor over the top designs. Here's my first batch of cards for the Caring Hearts Card Drive.

I made 3 cards using stamps from the Little Pudding set by Clearly Besotted, the co-ordinating dies to cut out the bits and some Christmas twine by Doodlebug. And then I got bored. Single design mass production really isn't my thing. So watch out for more quick makes ... in batches of three!


Late edit: 
Here are, hopefully, better photos of the same card.

I ran a snowflake folder on one side to add texture on the plain cream CS.
For mailing purposes, the card is flat except for the Dooblebug twine.
The greeting was stamped with Versafine Satin Red.

 A closer look at the puddings. For the larger pud I used VersaMagic Gingerbread
and the smaller one was stamped with VersaMagic Jumbo Java. For the leaves I uses
Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy and TH Festive Berries for the berries. And some
Stardust Stickles for that festive sparkle.

A simple message on the inside.

These puds are sitting pretty over at these challenges:

Clearly Besotted #14: Christmas (snuck in with seconds to spare!)

That's all from me. Thank you so much for stopping by. I'm off to bed now.... oh what a week it has been. So glad it's over and the weekend is finally here. 

Beijinhos!


20 comments:

  1. Love your card Asha! This is a wonderful opportunity and who knows, maybe I can rustle some up too. Have a wonderful weekend my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling and very festive Christmas card. I love how you made the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card sweetie. You are a good girl doing this.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card sweetie. You are a good girl doing this.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy card!!! I love how you highlighted the ornaments : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Asha and for a great cause..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you joined us for our CHNC extra challenge this month with this wonderful creation!!
    Hope to see you back for our next challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cause Asha and a lovely card, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I LOVE that embossing folder you used. Thanks for playing with CSAYL and CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute card! thanks for playing along with us at CSAYL!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Christmas Card hun and ty for sharing with us at Completely Christmas hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous yummy card, makes my belly want some pudding lol..xxx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun, yummy and festive Christmas design!! You've made this look amazing! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Asha, love these Xmas pads !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards Asha, they will mean so much to the recipients!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. these sure look yummy and for a great cause x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Christmas card is beautiful Asha, I love the layout and how you arranged the images. Just gorgeous. Hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Asha this look yummy and adorable...love the image cute cute..and you nearly make a CAS card Asha, if you leave the twine its already CAS I think...but its adorable with twine too Asha...great christmas card my friend

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable card and for a great cause. Love the embossed layer and the diecuts. Thanks for sharing with us at CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable card, and those puddings look so luscious! Love the snowflake embossing.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...