Sunday, 19 October 2014

Christmas Card Club #22: Christmas Reindeer

Gosh! Has it been 2 weeks since our last CCC meet-up? The days are zooming by at such breakneck speed I fear Christmas might pass me by. Last year I told myself I'd get all my cards in the mail by the third week of November... and then I go and promise a (dear) friend a dozen festive cards as a gift. I think she's expecting them sometime before Christmas too. Have I lost my mind?!

The theme this fortnight is Christmas Reindeer - chosen by our very own Miss Rita. I whipped up this card in no time at all - and in my world that means in under 2 hours. This is not a 10 minute dash, nor 20 nor 40. The stopwatch read 1 hour 52mins and 47 seconds as I placed my final Liquid Pearl. Most of that time was spent mulling, worrying, panicking and looking for stuff (found my new Versafine Satin Red pad MIA since February ... woohoo!) Time to clean the "studio". (I'm hoping the pretentious name with motivate me to pick up the broom ... if I can find the darn thing!)

And one more thing - not even one stitch on this card. There simply wasn't enough time. I'm still not over the anguish and trauma. This will take a while to heal.
 
No patterned paper. I stamped the fireworks burst in Versacolor Silver and added
Liquid Pearls for stars ... and in my haste a couple of them turned out to be meteors!
To finish, some silver thread.

I die cut the snow globe and placed it over with foam tape. Santa and his reindeers
are stamped with Versafine Black Onyx, the city scape with Versafine Majestic Blue, the
moon with Memento Cantaloupe, the snowflakes with Versacolor Silver and for the
sentiment I used Versafine Satin Red.

More fireworks on the inside.

Clearly Besotted products used above:

Set the Scene and coordinating snow globe die
Signature Christmas"Peace Love Joy" and "&Happy New Year"
Christmas Cheer"From Our Home To Yours"

A few challenges? Well why not?

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long #33: AG - Use Your Imagination
Sister Act Cards #79: AG Cards Only
Christmas Card Challenges #47: Inspiration Photo
CHNC #199: Something Forgotten or Never Used - my VersaFine Satin Red stamp pad purchased in February, never opened, went missing and was found yesterday! What luck! LOL
Clearly Besotted #14: Christmas

Here's a list of the rest of the Christmas Card Club girls. These ladies are organised, very talented and unlike me, they know what they're doing. I highly recommend you pop by for a dose of inspiration.

Karen P ... Maureen ... Margaret ... Carol ... Lizzie ... Hazel ... Karen B ... Sue P ... Sylvie ...
Sue J ... Zoë ... Christine ... Mary ... Lorraine ... Rita ... Rachel ... Valery ... GranMargaret ... Kate

Thank you for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend! I'm off to look for a broom... perhaps, buy one :)

Beijinhos


39 comments:

  1. I love this Asha, such a really cute little scene - just how I imagined it when I was a little girl (couple of years ago!!) Oh - those meteors are coooool!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Asha, sjoe sounds like you are quiet busy my friend. Your Christmas card is beautiful, I love the Santa image and the Snow Globe layout you used. Hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy busy girl Asha - but you still managed a terrific card for us. Love all the detailing. Hope life settles down for you a little - or is that just wishful thinking. Love and hugs from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy busy girl Asha - but you still managed a terrific card for us. Love all the detailing. Hope life settles down for you a little - or is that just wishful thinking. Love and hugs from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Asha. You are very busy by the sounds of things. Your write up made me smile.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Asha. I love the scene and it looks so effective too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card and scene Asha...Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Asha
    Fabulous card.... Not ink my stamp up yet.... Looks Great....
    Hugs Sylvie
    Had fab time in Portugal lovely people.....x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this snow globe aperture card Asha. Great effect with the firework burst stamp too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Asha, fabulous card, love the snowglobe image and wonderful colours, lovely design too, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. a truely inovative card Asha....great use od the die cut so unusual!....love it xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous Asha take care huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The time to make this was worth it and it is almost a CAS card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the snow globes we used to have as kids. This one is ingenious. your Speedy Gonzales compared to how long it takes me to do a card! Hugs Mrs A. (Valery).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Broom, schmoom-Just enjoy making cards:) I am off to make some more:) Love this card-great detail to make it all fit so nicely

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, your snow globe scene is so wonderfully festive. How clever to use the starbursts - which I would associate with the 4th of July here in my country! - as the snowfall. It's lovely & I liked your pearls in the background too. Had to laugh at your scurrying hunting for supplies. I did the same. We must all be in the same situation...I spend more time hunting for what I think I have, than actually making something. TFS & big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your gorgeous snow globe scene Asha and your starburst background looks fabulous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very awesome design!! I love the die cut snow globe design with your snowflakes! It looks amazing!! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great snow scene Asha, fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Asha, this scene is gorgeous, you absolutely know what you are doing! Your cards are all a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute card. I really like it too. I am not ready for snow in real life but on a card it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Asha, this is such a beautiful holiday card! Love the beautiful colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Isn't THIS just adorable Asha!?! Love your snow globe and every perfect detail!! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, yes you have lost your mind. And you didn't leave it with the missing inkpad, I guess :P
    I finally found a stamp set I misplaced in August. Right where I left it & thought it was - and yet the 12 times I searched that box I couldn't see it. Sigh. Time for me to clean too!
    This card is so cheery - I love the little scene with the bright colours, and the Perfect Pearls are perfect snow!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope you find the missing ink pad. I do know that feeling of searching for an
    errant item!

    Your card is lovely. The snowglobe turned out so pretty and love the outline of the Santa sleigh and reindeer!
    Great card, Asha.

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMGee Asha - that is stunning! More stamps and dies that I now want - this is such a beautiful and very festive card - I love it Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely card for Rita's CCC challenge and also thank you for sharing this for my CHNC challenge 199 (could also add for CHNC extra for October - would love to see it there too) x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous fabulous card, love the design! TFS and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great snow globe scene, Asha. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So gorgeous, love this creation and the most gorgeous image and colours...
    My blog candy ends soon..
    aNNie xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  31. Asha this is fabulous, I love the style. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful little Christmas scene you've created, Asha :) I love how the fireworks look outside of the snowglobe. Thank you very much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very cute snow globe card! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  34. love your globe and snow!!! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful - love the background you created.

    Thanks for joining us at CSAYL.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  36. I lve that globe Asha and agree with Sandie it is nearly a CAS card..love that add of the twine and nice color on the glove..the background adorable Asha...Love love love this..hugs...Monika

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh, what fun, Asha! Love the Santa in the sky above the city. Terrific scene.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...