Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #4

Ooooh! I'm bad!

Completely forgot to publish this scheduled post.... it should have gone out yesterday. Maybe it's this awful weather we're having ... or maybe I'm consumed by guilt for having polished the last slice of cheese cake and for shamelessly licking the plate. Whatever the reason, I plain forgot to get this card out and to entice you into playing along with Chocolate Baroque's brand new Colour Challenge #4.

I hope it's not too late! The colours are gorgeous and the DT makes nothing short of spectacular! Here's my humble offering:

For the background I stamped the floral stamp form the Texture Fragments A4 sheet with TH Black Soot and heat set it with Stampendous Clear EP. Then I inked the background with TH Ripe Persimmon, Wild Honey and Aged Mahogany. On the 4 corners I attached 4 pink brads. To finish, a sheer bow in dark red. (Can't go wrong with a big fat bow!)   


The focal image is from the Butterfly Dreams A4 sheet, stamped with Versafine Black Onyx onto watercolour paper. I coloured the image with TH Ripe Persimmon and Wild Honey using a Sakura Koi WaterBrush #2. With a white gel pen I went over the stalks for an added pop of white.


On the inside, I stamped a stalk from from the Wild Meadow A4 sheet with TH Wild Honey and Bundled Sage.

A few challenges for this card:

Crafty Girls Challenge #29: Anything Goes
Addicted To Stamps #117: Make Your Mark - water colouring with distress inks
Word Art Wednesday #154: Anything Goes Inspirational
Inspiration Destination #3: Anything Goes
Frilly and Funkie: Autumn Colours
Stamplorations October: Stamps & Embossing


The challenge will close at 12.00 p.m. (UK) on Tuesday 18th November 2014, and the winner will be announced on Wednesday 26th November 2014. I hope you'll play along and run the risk of winning £15 to spend on Chocolate Baroque stamps. Are you game?

Thank you so much for stopping buy. I'll try an get myself more organised but with just one more day left in the week, I had better get my skates on! See ya in blogland, friends!

Beijinhos!



24 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Asha. Better late than never. And cheese cake always comes first..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Asha, those colours look wonderful. I've licked a few plates in my time...and feel no shame lol! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work Asha - such stunning colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Asha, the colours are so rich,beautiful floral image too, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    CB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asha, This is really so lovely. Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 154th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful card with beautiful coloring. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is amazing Asha that image and the 'hot' colours look glorious. After seeing your cards using the mushrooms I bought the set of stamps just hope I can make something as beautiful as yours.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome sweetie so I think you might be forgiven!!!
    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty autumnal creation Asha, those flowers are gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, it was definitely worth the wait, Asha! Gorgeous colors and that sheer ribbon is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZER!! I am glad you did get it published my friend!! :) Gorgeous flower image and I love the coloring you've done with it!! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! Beautiful autumnal colours! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is not a humble offering - its a gorgeous one! Fabulous fall colors! That cheesecake must have been yummy;)
    Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How great is this card? My hands can't stretch that far but it is great. Love the colours and how you melded them all together. Love the deep blue. Cheesecake is meant to be savoured, devoured and who doesn't like the plate after? I always do. Belly rub to Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been looking long and hard at your card. I love everything about, can't quite find the words to explain what I find attractive, it's the whole design of it. Fabulous work, Asha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous and such beautiful rich tones. Hope you are well xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful colours and lovely project. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Asha, this is a gorgeous card. I love the rich colours and the background goes perfectly with the pretty image. Well done my friend. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card and gorgeous autumn colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along at ATSM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This has such a rich, warm feel and you're right...that big fat bow is perfect! Thanks for linking up at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card really is so elegant. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Asha woooww you made so many lovely cards and I am so behind to commented it I am sorry ok I start from here may I?
    I really love the black panel and the color of your card the add of the ribbon is making this more lovely..Adorable card Asha..

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...