Sunday, 21 September 2014

Christmas Card Club #20: Winter Wonderland

Goood morning, friends, and welcome to another show and tell by the Christmas Card Club. Our lovely Christine of Christine's Cards and Crafts has picked a fabulously festive theme for us: "Winter Wonderland".

With so many options swimming in my head: snow flakes, cute winter animals, maybe penguins, a pretty snowy village or landscape, I simply couldn't decide. So I packed my bags and headed North to the land of endless winter nights, to be awed by the wonder and magic of the Northern Lights.

A festive sleigh under the entrancing and phenomenal dancing luminescence of the Aurora Borealis is my idea of a Winter Wonderland. Here's my card:
I created the background by streaking and blending several TH Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Crushed Concord, Festive Raspberry, Stormy Sky, Black Soot, Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean.  The Lights do not have prescribed patterns and they dance randomly in the night sky exposing shades of so many colours. So in blending the colours, you want to let hints of several colours come through in the dark sky. I've added some stars using a silver Sharpie.



Here is a close-up of the sleigh from Chocolate Baroque's Santa Baby. I stamped it directly onto the background with VersaFine Black Onyx, paper pieced the body of the sleigh and coloured the presents with Promarkers. I added some a few bling and chucked a load of shimmery fibre to create the snowy ground. The greeting, stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue, is from Chocolate Baroque's Christmas Magic. This is not an easy card to photograph - the glare from the snow and the dark sky do not do this card justice. Trust me - it looks good IRL... much to my surprise! 



Here's the inside of the card with  the perfect sentiment from the Chocolate Baroque's Christmas Magic stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue and a few snowflakes from Chocolate Baroque's Holly Bells stamp set stamped with VersaMagic Aspen Mist 

Let's send off the sleigh to these challenges:

Sisterhood Of Snarky Stampers #17: D is for Distressing - a truck load of Distress Inks to create the bg
I Love Promarkers #237: Feeling Distressed - Distress Inks to create bg, Promarkers on the presents

And here's a list of the rest of the Christmas Card Club girls. I must warn you - they are exceedingly talented, so be prepared for a creative explosion of epic proportions!

Karen P ... Maureen ... Margaret ... Carol ... Lizzie ... Hazel ... Karen B ... Sue P ... Sylvie ...
Sue J ... Zoë ... Christine ... Mary ... Lorraine ... Rita ... Rachel ... Valery ... GranMargaret ... Kate

Thank you for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Beijinhos


45 comments:

  1. Wow Asha, what a great background I love the night feeling it gives, great card for a great occassion!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Asha, your background is truly gorgeous! Makes me want to go to Alaska or somewhere so I can see them IRL. I lived in a nurses hostel during my training in the north of England and we could often see a very pale version of the northern lights for very short periods. Your sleigh really is festive. All those exciting presents. Hope all is well with you and yours. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great, versatile challenge this time and you have interpreted it beautifully with this Northern lights sky. Love the inking technique and the paper pieced sleigh.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card and background is Fabulous Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice inking, I like the lovely scene you created, looks great. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic night time background Asha. AWESOME!!!
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - Asha, this is absolutely fabulous - love the Northern Lights you created. Such s pretty sleigh. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally stunning Asha so effective I have seen the northern lights amazing sight and your card is brilliant!! huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh blimey Asha - you really have captured the Northern Lights on your card! I love this creation! Graham won't be chuffed though 'cos it has reminded me of my ambition to see the AB in real life - must start pestering him again!!

    Lots of hugs to you and Mr Parker (Blossom sends a hug)

    Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asha your night sky is amazing! And obviously your colouring perfection! Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous. Hugs xx Oh and I keep meaning to say thank you for the gorgeous wedding card ! It was very much admired. Hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Asha! I have to admit I did snort when I saw what you had created because I have been playing with my DIPs for the last couple of weeks trying to get an AB sky that I was happy with.
    I saw cards on Pinterest and found a tutorial. But I've not been 100% happy with the outcome.
    Your sky is magnificent and so much nicer than other's I've found.
    I absolutely love this and I'm going to play a lot more with not so much black/navy. I think your sky is the best one I've seen and now I know where and why I wasn't as happy - thank you hun! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so unique and splendid! I love how you captured the Northern Lights! This immediately made me think of my perfect pearls:) Yup still organizing my craft room:) I love the sleigh-so magical! Hugs to Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card Asha. The sleigh is adorable gliding through a night sky. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aurora borealis - that's the first thought that entered my mind seeing this gorgeous creation. You've become quite the expert of own made backgrounds, this one is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing job recreating the Northern Lights in ink! The sleigh really pops against the background. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well words fail me Asha, your colouring of the Nothern Lights is out of this world and the sleigh is gorgeous, love everything about it, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. this background is so fabulous Asha and what a wonderful idea for a winter wonderland card. I will try to join in! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful scene you've created Asha...I love your night sky and fab paper piecing. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, Asha, for Christine's winter wonderland CCC challenge and thanks for sharing for my CHNC challenge extra for September x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card and the Northern Lights are amazing!! Your cards ate always beautiful Asha!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. An outstandingly awesome background! Absolutely love your Northern lights with this bright red sleigh in the foreground. It's a terrific interpretation of the winter wonderland for sure. TFS & Happy Sunday. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow what a background!
    I love it hun x
    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Asha, I see the background it looks really magic black and green and the Image is colored perfectly..I always love the Christmas card you made..you are the queen of Christmas card can I say it....hugs from Munich, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  25. The night sky u created looks so real! great design and fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! Your background looks amazing Asha!! Really love your colors! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  27. What fantastic Northern Lights. Captured perfectly. We have been to Iceland and seen them for ourseleves. I love your colourful sleigh too. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning Asha. Northern lights and a fantastic sleigh, just perfect! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous Aurora Borealis - I wish I would see one one day, but yours comes close! Thanks so much for playing with us at ATSM. I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you the wonderful comments you left on my blog Asha, I am very happy to be your latest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous Northern Lights card, Asha. We used to live in the Kootenay area of the Rocky Mountains when we were first married. We could see the Nothern ights dancing on certain clear winter nights. Have not thought about those days for a long time now. Thanks for the wonderful memories!

    Your card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card thanks for sharing at crafting at the weekend , good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful card Ash for Christmas with beautiful colour tones...love this image too.xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is gorgeous, love the style of your card. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful card, love the background you created. Thanks for your visit and for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh Asha you have taken me to a land where I would love to visit, that background is awesome so is the sleigh a truly delightful festive card
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful & I love that background x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous Christmas card Asha, I love the distressed background it goes beautifully with the image. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card with a gorgeous background! Thanks for joining Christmas Card Challenges. Karen N (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Fabulous background , love your aurora borealis inspiration, and the sleigh is fabulous too.
    Thanks a lot for joining in with my Festive 48. Hope you can link up again next week. Marina http://myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for the "D is for Distressing" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a wonderful background. Thanks for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for September.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...