Saturday, 20 September 2014

52 {C}CT September Theme Challenge

Well well, it's the third week of September, folks. We're getting ever closer to Christmas. Over at the 52 {C}CT grotto we're celebrating a Nordic Christmas. That's our theme for this week.

Admittedly, after I picked the theme there was a brief moment of excitement and then ... cold sweat and a resounding "What were you thinking?!" I found myself flipping through Ikea's 2013 Christmas catalogue for inspiration.

To spare you the humiliation (of being outed as a flatpack junkie and a hoarder), nip over to  the 52 {C}CT blog where I've included some tips on how to achieve the Nordic or Scandinavian look for your Christmas creations.

Here's my offering for this week's challenge using Chocolate Baroque stamps:


The patterned paper is from Papermania's "Home For Christmas" 6x6 pad.
I did some stitching. The greeting is from CB Warm Christmas Greetings

heat embossed in white. 

Here's a close-up of the tree from CB Holly Bells.
 I heat embossed it in white on kraft CS and fussy cut it.
I added some Stickles for some subtle glitter and finished
it off with some red & white twine and one red bling in 

the starat the top of the tree.
A few challenges for this card:

CHNC Extra September: AG Christmas
Addicted To Stamps #113: Holidays
Word Art Wednesday #150: AG Uplifting
Christmas Card Challenge #42: Colour / AG Christmas

Now it's your turn to create a festive card based on this week's Theme challenge. In order to be considered for Top Honour and Honourable Mentions, your new card must follow the challenge sketch and you must link it to the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Challenge Blog by 6pm UK / 1pm EST on Friday, 26th September. And here's the most important rule: Have Fun!

For ideas and inspiration, visit the rest of the 52 {C}CT crew:
Danielle * Deborah * Fabiola * Gill * Jacqueline * Louise * Patricia * Ruth

Thank you stopping by today and have a lovely weekend, friends!

Beijinhos


29 comments:

  1. That is most definitely Nordic!! Love it Asha. Hope things are still OK. Have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great card Asha, that CB stamp is right on his place on the Nordic Background, I love it!!!

    Greetings and have a nice weekend!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic challenge this week Asha - I loved it! And your card is right on the money - you really needn't have worried, although I did the same as you and double checked I was on the right lines!

    A fab card and a fab challenge, hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha - I absolutely love your card, it really captures the Nordic Christmas theme! Love the stitched detail and your Christmas tree is fabulous!

    Such a fun challenge this week - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, I really like that color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful christmas card..i love the tree its look funtastick huny...and the paper yeah so sweet looks like stitching paper...and the sentiment in white I love it...Adorable work again Asha...and I miss you...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great Christmas card and you have the Nordic touch! I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely Asha, love the Scandi look, and the tree image is super, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Scandinavian Christmas style (of course I do, I'm Norwegian), beautiful traditional papers and such a great tree! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so awesome Asha, very Nordic indeed. Love it sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. C'est une superbe création Asha, j'aime beaucoup ta façon de l'interpréter , biz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Nordic Christmas card Asha xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Nordic themed card...love that you added the stitching! Beautiful colors too! So happy you could join us at ATS&M!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Nordic look and reminds me of the sweaters that used to be popular.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That touch of stitching is perfect and matches so well with the kraft. Cool idea to cut the tree up. Have a fun Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in love with that reindeer sweater paper - too dang cute! Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colors in your card! The visual "texture" in the tree image is super. You nailed the Nordic theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your embossed tree looks like real gingerbread! Great Nordic look, love it. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is another fab card! Love the nordic look :) the patterns and tree

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow Asha!! That tree is sooo stunning!! I love your design with it as well!! So lovely my friend! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a classic Nordic Christmas card, it is perfection. Can't believe that this wasn't already made as your inspiration for the challenge, it's amazing. Thanks for the tips too. It's nice to be back

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Asha this is so beautiful I do love the Nordic style and you have captured the style perfectly, the colours, design and that tree are all truly wonderful. I was going to enter this challenge but could not find my Nordic stamps or the die cut sheet that I knew I had, lol, typically found both items after the challenge had finished, lol.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so pretty. And it definitely looks Nordic to me!! Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this, Asha. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for September - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your Christmas card is just beautiful Asha, I love the Nordic theme and that Christmas Tree Image is just gorgeous. Hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card Asha, such a warm and cosy vibe, full of good cheer! I really love that tree stamp! Great choice for a challenge too, I really enjoyed it!
    {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so great Asha! I love that paper and the tree. Thanks for introducing me to something new this week. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a gorgeous Christmas card, indeed! It's classic and elegant! We are truly blessed that you joined our Challenge last week and hope you'll join us again here at Word Art Wednesday...I want to leave you with God's Word in Psalm 40:4, "Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods." Hugs and blessings always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...