Saturday, 27 September 2014

52 {C}CT September Stash Challenge

We've reached the end of September, folks! How scary is that?! With  a little under three months for Christmas - let the panic begin!

Before we sink into manic mayhem, let's just take a quiet moment and look at this card I made for the Stash Challenge over at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown. The brief this week is: Diamonds and Pearls ... for that elegant extravagance befitting Christmas.

I decided on a clean and simple design using traditional Christmas red & green combo with pearls, rhinestones and Stardust Stickles for that mandatory festive sparkle. The stamps are from Clearly Besotted's new Christmas Sparkle set.



I made a window card,  framed with Spellbinders Eyelet Circle. I dotted the card base with
Stardust Stickles and finished off with a big red bow.

All around the frame I adhered flat-back pearls. 

On the inside I stamped the tree and decorated it with clear rhinestones and more
Stickles!

Parading my tree at these challenges:

Sister Act Card #76: AG Cards Only
Brown Sugar #113: AG
Word Art Wednesday #151: AG Inspirational
ABC Christmas: S for Something Festive
Completely Christmas #31: AG Christmas
Dream It Up: Christmas & Holidays
CHNC September Extra: AG Christmas

Now it's your turn to create a festive card based on this week's Stash challenge. In order to be considered for Top Honour and Honourable Mentions, your new card must follow the challenge sketch and you must link it to the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Challenge Blog by 6pm UK / 1pm EST on Friday, 3rd October. And here's the most important rule: Have Fun!

For ideas and inspiration, visit the rest of the 52 {C}CT crew:
Danielle * Deborah * Fabiola * Gill * Jacqueline * Louise * Patricia * Ruth

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see y'all in blogland. Have a sparkly Saturday, friends!

Beijinhos


32 comments:

  1. Asha,
    This card is so pretty. Thank you for posting art with us this week during our 151st challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Sending you happy hugs, smiles full of sunshine, and many blessings as you work and play.

    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty Christmas card with the lovely tree! Wonderful stitching and pretty bow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha - hope you are having a great weekend - love your sparkly card - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully done Asha!! LOVE the frame for your image with the pearls!! Great idea for the challenge!! Hope you're enjoying your weekend my friend!Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'est une très belle création Asha, classique et élégante avec juste ce qu'il faut d'originalité, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and elegant love your design. Thanks for sharing with us at the Brown Sugar challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card-love the tree and sparkle-always:) I was a bad girl today. There was a garage sale based solely on paper crafts-stamps, paints, cuddlebug things, paper....heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another wonderful card Asha, hope your having a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Asha : )

    I love how you decorated your tree with all that bling bling!! : ) Such a pretty card friend.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card thanks for sharing with BROWN SUGAR this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful!! I love that fabulous tree. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this very pretty CAS Christmas creation sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magnificent, Asha! I love the stitching on this one and how you did it as a window card. Great shape.
    I'm so far behind on my visits and I'm not even sure why except that I've had a horribly busy week. But I've been around to see all your posts and they're just marvelous. Really love the pumpkins against the argyle paper and Santa's Sled with that incredible background! WOW is all I can say on that one. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is Gorgeous Asha. I must get onto making some cards for christmas myself..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful take on the theme! I really like when Christmas cards sparkles and glitters like this, and I think you know by now how much I like traditional color schemes for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Asha this is simply beautiful love that tree image the frame really shows it up the ribbon and gems just add to it's beauty I love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. ouch this is tooo adorable I can not tell any words
    love the ribbon soo yummy and the circle in red and the pearl to die for and the sentiment
    AMAZING christmas card I ever seen today, love this Asha

    ReplyDelete
  18. who doesn't love diamonds and pearls! And a sheer ribbon to finish-fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for September - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a gorgeous christmas card. Love the details with the pearls, added reds and greens. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Asha - this is stunning! I love the pearl frame, the bling on the tree and fabulous bow! Great work. I had lots of fun with this challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super card, fab challenge. We're all gonna miss you!
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your sparkly tree is framed so prettily with the scallops and pearls! Terrific card, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness Asha - what a gorgeous card! love that layout and the wonderful traditional colors. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love window cards Asha and yours is so stylish and stunning! Love the colours and how the bow is perfectly offset against the sentiment!

    Thank you SO much for a month of wonderful challenges at 52 {C}CT, I loved them all!

    {{{{hugs}}}} to you! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is beautiful!! Love the window card and that bow just finishes it off so well. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Asha - what a beautiful card! I love your layout and colours, and that bow - wow! Your challenges this month have been truly inspiring and wonderful - I have loved every one. (I'm so going to miss you honey). Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...