Friday, 1 August 2014

Eclectic Ellapu: Seaside or Nautical Theme

Hello there, fellow crafters! Eclectic Ellapu has gone monthly and that means you'll have more time to create and display your lovely projects. We'll bring you TWO new challenge themes on the 1st of each month at the Eclectic Ellapu Blog.

 For the month of  August the Pinkies are going "Nautical" while the Purplies are taking it easy with "Anything Goes with optional Watercolours".

Here's my Nautical card which I made for a friend who will be leaving on a cruise holiday. He owns a yacht and that image is perfect for him.


The paper is from Fancy Pants Toybox. Keeping it masculine and simple
with 4 dark blue eyelets for embellies. The images are from Chocolate Baroque
Seashell Collage

Here's a close-up. I heat embossed the sail boat, fussy cut the anchor
and did some light inking for the background.

On the inside is a simple sentiment from Clearly Besotted Stamps
"Say It In Style".
Challenges:


Now it's your turn to create and link up your labour of love over at the Eclectic Ellapu Challenge Blog. Remember, we have 2 concurrent challenges: "Nautical / Seaside" for the PinkTeam and "Anything Goes with Optional Watercolours" for the Purple Team. You can enter both as many times as you wish. These challenge will run for 3 weeks and you have until 11:59pm GMT on August 31st 2014 to link up your entries.

That's all from me for now. I'll be back later today with another challenge post. Thank you so much fro dropping in today and I'll catch you in a few hours!

Beijinhos!

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Masculine card Asha, I love the background paper is goes perfectly with the image. Well done. Sending you and Rosie big hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great nautical card. ♡
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Men's card Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great man card! Love the whispy clouds in the background. So he owns a yacht? Does he own a mansion too??:) (I can't help it...thinking Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd:)) If you seen this cartoon it is funny and I thought you might like a smile

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this very much, Asha! I can almost feel the salty air and the wind in my hair. It's a fabulous male design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done, Asha! Love the use of the silhouette and the color combo you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great male card, I think nautical themes have been one of my faves this year, I just adore those stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like bon voyage cards and gifts. This is a beauty. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us today.
    Blessings, Carole, Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic masculine card! And there is something really elegant about that yacht image. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, Asha. I love the yacht and wonderful papers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. A perfect male themed card Asha. So pleased you decided to join us at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the eyelets you used. Makes me want to break mine out. I love that nautical theme. You rocked it.Thank you for sharing your awesome creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge!!

    Tamie 4CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Love the sailboat with the subtle cloud background and pattern paper. The embellishments really finish it off. Super design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great nautical card! That boat is so fresh and I just love your layout! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! That anchor is so perfectly trimmed! And the eyelets -what an excellent choice of embellie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful card, Asha! Your sailor friend will love it - thanks for joining our Like an EmBoss Challenge at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...