Saturday, 23 August 2014

52 {C}CT August Stash Challenge

It's Saturday and time for another festive challenge. Our lovely hostess Gill Prescott want us to rummage through our crafty stash and create a project featuring "Glitter And Bling".  Oooh! I love a sparkly Christmas.



My project this week showcases A Cottage Christmas set by Waltzingmouse Stamps. It has tons of sparkly fibres, stickles and bling.



The patterned paper is actually a recycled piece of wrapping paper.
Apart form the glitter and bling, the only other extra is a little sheer ribbon. 

Here's a close-up of the cottage. I coloured it with Graph'It markers. 

On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from the A Cottage Christmas.

Challenges for this card:

Completely Christmas #25: AG Christmas
Christmas Card Challenges #38: Embossing / AG Christmas


Now it's your turn to create a festive card based on this week's Stash challenge. In order to be considered for Top Honour and Honourable Mentions, your new card must follow the challenge sketch and you must link it to the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Challenge Blog by 6pm GMT / 1pm EST on Friday, 29th August. And here's the most important rule: Have Fun!

For ideas and inspiration, visit the rest of the 52 {C}CT crew:
Mynnette * Ruth * Jacqueline * Louise * Deborah * Patricia * Danielle * Gill * Fabiola


Rosie's Update:
This hasn't been a good week for Rosie. She's battling a fever which started on Monday. She's been admitted twice and after several tests it looks like tick fever! How on earth is this possible? She's never had any issues with ticks or fleas. All our pets have monthly spot-on treatments. It's mind boggling to me but not completely inconceivable, according to our vet. Following her chemo, Rosie is immunocompromised and all it takes is one pesky bite. Completely harmless for the rest of us but not so for poor Rosie. So now she spends the day at the vet on IV fluids and meds. Her appetite is very bad and has to be fed by hand until she is able to eat on her own again. Now that we've got her on the right antibiotics, fingers crossed she'll start feeling better. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I'm sorry I haven't been visiting and commenting much. It has been a truly hectic week for me and Rosie continues to hog my attention :-)  Have a lovely weekend, friends.

Beijinhos!


26 comments:

  1. A really beautiful card Asha. So sorry to hear about Rosie. Those tics are horrible even for a healthy pet. My daughter in France has terrible trouble as her pets all 7 of them go through the long grass and pick them up.
    Rosie continues to be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Have a good weekend
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Asha, I like the house image and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! It makes you feel if you stepped inside something delicious would be in the oven! : )

    SO sorry to hear about your latest struggles with your sweet pet. Hang in there friend.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha woow woow woow I love all in here the coloring the house the scene and the BG with snowflake..adorable christmas card Asha..I even did not make one christmas card till today..I always made on December one at the same design in 10-15 pieces LOL I am lazy card maker LOL...hope you can visiting me soon my friend...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Asha! Love the background behind the beautiful cottage. I love it when I can use gift wrap as dp. Bless Rosie's heart -- she's been through so much and I do pray she'll get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Asha. I love that stamp and how you have coloured it up.
    Hope Rosie gets better soon.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card, thinking of Rosie & that the antibiotics kick in ASAP . Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful card Asha. Your colouring is so professional and I love all your attention to detail.
    Hope Rosie is now on the mend. Sending hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful image with a very warm and cozy wintery feel. Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. superbe scène Asha, elle est vraiment d'une grande beauté, biz

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Christmas house is beautiful and I love the roof! It looks all snowy:) Poor Rosie, She is a strong doggie though and she will get through this too and so will you! In case you didn't know, I think it is amazing that you can run the house, work, care for all the pets especially Rosie and still have time to create such stunning works of art. I hope it gives you some comfort and never worry about not being able to reply. I don't think even Wonder Woman could do all that. You amaze me:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure the antibiotics and time will energise your sweet Rosie. Ii don't know how I would manage with out my darling pets. They love so unconditionally. This Christmas card should win top honors everywhere. It is stunning. I will keep you all in my prayers. Your wonderful art is like a gift. Thank you for posting with us at Word Art Wednesday. Happy hugs and sweet smiles from Carole,
    God Bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry to hear about your fur baby, friend. :( I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers!

    This card is fabulous, though! The colors, stitching, and glitter are amazing! It's been nice working with you at 52CCT--all the best! HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Design perfect for our challenge over at Completely Christmas thank you for sharing with us, hope to see you again next week.....
    Hugs
    Suzy B (Owner)
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful Christmas card Asha, wonderfully coloured! Excellent sparkle and bling too!

    Sorry to hear poor Rosie is having more of a tough time - hope she's feeling brighter very soon.

    Have a better week {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card hun really great job and thanks for joining us at Completely Christmas hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Asha - your Christmas Cottage is absolutely stunning - love the sparkly roof and the pretty gems on the snowflakes.

    So sorry to read that Rosie is so poorly, I do hope that she's on the mend now. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is Stunning Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card definitely captures the shimmer and sparkle of the season!

    I hope Rosie is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's only right that Rosie hogs your attention! Poor little girl. Eating by hand is a great sign, though - much more so than not eating at all.
    Christmas & sparkle were made for one another! LOVE this :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous! Love the image and your design elements showcase it perfectly!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges- We sure hope you join us again!

    Amy- DT Freshly Brewed Challenges
    {Lil Cutie Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  22. This house looks so inviting! I can just imagine knocking on the door and walking into a beautifully decorated Christmas scene.
    Sending prayers for you and Rosie. So sorry that you are both going through this. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so perfect for our GLITTER GALORE theme. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Fresh Brewed Designs DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for sharing your super creation for my CHNC challenge extra for August - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...