Saturday, 30 August 2014

52 {C}CT August Pick-A-Previous Challenge

Here we are at the last Saturday in August and we have a Pick-A-Previous Challenge. Our talented hostess, Gill Prescott, has decided that we should play with one of our previous sketches.

You can pick any sketch, starting with our very first one back January 2012 and the most one of August 2014. Head on over the Sketches Archive and pick one.

My choice for this week is Sketch #4 of April 2012 and I'm using traditional Christmas colours.



The bg paper is from BoBunny Mistletoe 6x6 pad. I stamped the
greeting from CB Warm Christmas Greetings directly onto the paper
and finished the card with sone gingham ribbon tied in a knot.

The wreath is from CB Hearth and Home. I coloured it with Graph'It markers
and embellished it with Liquid Pearls and bling.

On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from CB's Warm Christmas Greeting

Challenges for this card:

Completely Christmas #27: AG Christmas
Word Art Wednesday #147: AG Uplifting
Brown Sugar Challenge #109: AG
Moving Along With The Times: Stitching
Aud Sentiments #114: Any Sentiment Other Than Birthday
Christmas Card Challenges #39: Photo Inspiration / AG Christmas
CHNC August Extra: AG Christmas

Now it's your turn to create a festive card based on this week's Pick-A-Previous: Sketch challenge. In order to be considered for Top Honour and Honourable Mentions, your new card must follow the challenge sketch and you must link it to the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Challenge Blog by 6pm GMT / 1pm EST on Friday, 5th September. And here's the most important rule: Have Fun!

For ideas and inspiration, visit the rest of the 52 {C}CT crew:
Ruth * Jacqueline * Louise * Deborah * Patricia * Danielle * Gill * Fabiola

Rosie's Update:
Since my last update, Rosie has had couple of seriously bad days and then she bounced back. Her fever broke, the antibiotics kicked in and she's stable. She is anaemic and will need a couple of shots to stimulate production of red blood cells. We'll start this treatment on Monday. For now we are thankful for little mercies. She's eating on her own without much persuasion, she's eager to go walkies and has started to play with Richard Parker ... these are reasons enough to celebrate.

I am grateful for your prayers and healing thoughts ... Rosie says thank you too! And thank you for stopping by today. Have a fabulous weekend, my friends!

Beijinhos!


21 comments:

  1. A great sketch to choose Asha - this is similar to one of my go to layouts - it works beautifully. Love the traditional colours you've used, and the pretty stitched detail. The inside of your card is just as beautiful too. Great job! Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful Christmas card Asha, lovely design. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch challenge and wonderful card. My craft room is in turmoil so I will see if I can get one done which I want to do (My hubby has created my own craft room). I am happy to hear about Rosie! This is good news and much needed as a dear friend of mine lost her pug this past Tuesday. She was 11. She had pancreatitis and gastritis and was doing well but then had lots of blood come out after she did her poop. They rushed her to the vet but she passed away. I am worried for my friend as her baby girl was everything to her and she is devastated. So I am so glad to hear about Rosie and we can all cherish our furry ones each time we look at them. I have been hugging Wallace constantly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful traditional design with a warm feel. You did a great job with this sketch, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and I'm so happy Rosie is starting to get a bit better xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty Christmas card! Thanks for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Christmas card Asha, beautiful image and great colours I love it!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. That striped background really caught my eye and your colouring is so detailed. Glad to hear Rosie is doing a bit better and thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and sketch you have chosen Asha..loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabby card. I love your image. It looks fantastic. A great christmas card. Thanks for playing with us over at AUD sentiments this time.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you joined us for our CHNC challenge extra this month with this fantastic creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. classique et très belle, j'aime les couleurs traditionnelles et les détails que tu as ajouté, biz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for August - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully done, Asha! Love that wreath image and your use of the sketch is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful, traditional Christmas card Asha, you certainly did a wonderful job on the sketch you chose! The wreath is beautifully coloured, I love the warmth of it and the gingham ribbon adds more charm and warmth! Not so much a Christmas card as a cosy hug in an envelope! ; )
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wanted to add I'm so glad to hear better news of Rosie - hope she comes on in leaps and bounds now! R x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely classic Christmas card! I love the gingham ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will pray for your Rosie dear,... and oh wooww I can not coloring so adorable like yours this is really bright and happy christmas card I luv this Asha...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card, love the rich colours you have used & the layout

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one of my first sketches for 52CCT - love what you have done with it - so colourful - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful traditional colour scheme. Fab image. A delightful card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this fortnight.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...