Sunday, 20 July 2014

Eclectic Ellapu: Anything Goes.

Talk about being late! This post should have gone out 12 hours ago! Luckily Elaine, our Boss Lady over at Eclectic Ellapu has a gentle forgiving heart. So let me tell you about the  2 new challenges that have started over at the Eclectic Ellapu Blog.

As always, the 2 teams - Pinks and Purples - are playing together in perfect harmony, each with its very own theme. The Pinkies are charting "Countries, Travel & Holidays" while the Purplies are taking it easy with "Anything Goes". The two challenges will run for 3 weeks and you can enter one or both as many times as you like.

This week, I'm gate-crashing Team Purple's party to show off Chocolate Baroque's new Christmas stamps. For my project, I'm using Snowy ScenesTurtle Doves and Christmas Magic. All three stamps sets are currently on sale at a super special introductory price.


No patterned papers. Instead, I stamped little snow flakes from Snowy Scenes
with Versamark onto green CS for a tone on tone look. The tree and turtle doves
are from the Turtle Doves set. The sentiment is from the Christmas Magic set.
To make the background for the tree, I blended several TH Distress Inks:
Aged Mahogany, Festive Berries and Spun Sugar.

Here's a close-up of the tree. I coloured it with Promarkers:
Moss Green, Pear Green, Apple Cider, Pine,Forrest Green and Leaf.
The turtle doves got the Graph'It treatment. To finish, I added a few
tiny bling.


On the inside, another sentiment from the fabulous Christmas Magic set.  

A few challenges for this card:

CHNC Extra July: AG Christmas
Christmas Card Challenges #34: Inspiration Photo - colours, star
Word Art Wednesday #141: AG - Uplifting / Positive
Hiding In My Craft Room #158: Christmas In July
My Sheri Crafts #138: Christmas In July
Chocolate Coffee Cards #69: For The Birds

Now it's your turn to create and link up your labour of love over at the Eclectic Ellapu Challenge Blog. Remember, we have 2 concurrent challenges: "Countries, Travel, Holidays" for the Pink Team and "Anything Goes" for the Purple Team. You can enter both as many times as you wish. These challenge will run for 3 weeks and you have until 11:59pm GMT on August 10th 2014 to link up your entries.

Rosie's Update:

Rosie has had a few setback these past weeks. Doxorubicin isn't enough and after much discussion, her oncologist has decided to add Palladia to the mix. This one comes with a looooong list of side effects. Loss of appetite, tummy upsets, hair loss, nausea, extreme fatigue are some of the external issues. On the inside, kidneys, liver and blood are at risk. She's being closely monitored by the vet with weekly tests and check-ups. At home we're keeping a very close eye on her. Meal times are the worst because some days she just refuses to eat. She's given up on the kibbles entirely and is only on specially prepared food. So sad ... she used to enjoy her meals, always eager for treats, with a keen eye for crumbs that might fall her way. But she's strong and I know she's not ready to give up... neither are we. But I could do with a few more hours in a day though!

Thanks for stopping by and for continuing to visit me. I'm not doing so good on the catch-up game... my list of owed visits seems to be growing by the day. But I will do my very best to drop in on you. Your comments mean so much and I do read them. Bear with me ... I'll get there. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my friends!

Beijinhos!

24 comments:

  1. WOW, Asha, you've been so busy with Christmas cards the last couple of weeks and they are all so magnificent! I love seeing all the ones you've been doing but just can't get motivated myself yet. Maybe that's because I have so many left over from last year that I really don't need any. Still, I'm going to try to do one or two before this month ends. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another fabulous card Asha using gorgeous stamps. Poor Rosie! My heart goes out to you all! Keep your chin up. Love and hugs from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed that you can do cards at such a difficult time and this card is so pretty. It is of love and peace-the colour pink to the birds and the effort placed in the card. You have Rosie as your guide for this. Rosie is strong and so are you even when you don't think or feel it. The people who understand will be there for you and be fine if you don't respond right away. You must concentrate on yourself so you can be there for Rosie and your family. Take care and love this card

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful card :) So glad you joined us for our CHNC challenge extra this month

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. I do wish things were better with Rosie, fingers crossed that the new medicine will help. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Asha. Lots of hugs for Rosie...Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Asha - this is gorgeous - love this set of stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I like how you sponged around the image to highlight it. You don't owe visits, we visit when we have time to enjoy each others creations. Right now Rosie is your priority. I'm just glad you are finding time to create, that always makes me feel better and I hope is soothing for you. Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asha your card is beautiful, I love the little glow at the top with the pretty little birds popped up! I hope that your sweet Rosie's appetite perks up! Hugs my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I haven't been by for a bit and so sorry to hear Rosie is still suffering.
    Stunning card and I especially love the soft glow around the star x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Love your rich use of colour. Thanks for joining in over at my Sheri crafts.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card, Asha! Hugs for you and Rosie. I hope the new meds help.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning Christmas card, Asha! Love your inked background! So sorry to hear that you are going through such a tough time right now.
    Thank you for joining us at the Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. you have been so busy made delightful christmas card Asha.I am so sorry that I am not so much moving at Blogland because of my MIL..now I wanna say I love your coloring..this is adorable...hope to see you again on my Blog..even once in a month sweety..big hugs...Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the inking around the tree! I love it! The tree looks as if it's glowing :) And thanks for the update on sweet Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty card! Love how the tree looks like it's glowing. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card you created. I love it. And, so sorry to hear about Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an adoreable card, and makes me think of the 12 days of Christmas.
    Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR for the challenge this week.
    Lisa
    Ljcreation.blogspot.com
    HIMCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hallo Asha, your card is just gorgeous, I love the cute Christmas Tree Image and your distressing around it. My dear friend I am so sorry to hear about Rosie, we pray for you and sending you and Rosie lots of hugs. Please look after yourself Asha. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, Asha. Love the inking and that wonderful tree! So sorry to hear that Rosie, is struggling with her treatment. Sending lots of hugs your way and cuddles for Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for sharing your super creation for my CHNC challenge extra for July - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE your tree and coloring!!! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...