Sunday, 13 July 2014

Christmas Card Club #15: Christmas Teddy

It's time for the Christmas Card Club to come together for another festive show and tell. Our lovely hostess, Sue of Planet Susie, has the honour of setting the theme: Christmas Teddy. I have to say, I struggled with this one. My mojo took off without warning leaving me to complete the project on my own. It took me 4 days to finish this card... and I'm still not sure I like it. Hubby, for fear of not being fed said, "It's lovely, dear". What do you think?

All papers and elements are from Forever Friends Designstax Christmas Kraft Notes.
I've had this bumper pack for 2 years but never used it. There are  48 double-sides papers,
tons of die-cut elements and 3 mini clear stamps.  To dress the card I used ribbon, button,
twine, die-cut robin and tiny blue bling. There's also a Scalloped Tag die by CBS and
die cut greeting by Britannia Dies. Yep, I've got everything but the kitchen sink on this card!

A closer look at the cuddly chap. I coloured him with Graph'It and Promarkers.
Bear - GI: 1210, 1230, 1250, 3120, 3150.   Suit - GI: 5210, 5220, 5245, 5260, 5280.
Fur Trim - GI: 9100, 9102.   Sack - GI: 3140, 3150, 3160, 3180, 3190
Green - Promarker: Forrest Green, Bright Green, Leaf, Apple.
Also added some Stardust Stickles on the trim of his suit.

On the inside is a sentiment from WMS Seasons of Love and
a die-cut element from the pack.

How about we send this jolly little guy to a few challenges:

Graph'It Markers Challenge #28: Christmas Colours
Winter Wonderland: Three of Three - three presents in the image
Christmas Card Challenge #33: Colour / AG Christmas
CHNC #185: Glam It Up
CHNC Extra July: AG Christmas
Completely Christmas #20: AG Christmas
Festive Friday #35: Photo Inspiration - presents, bow
Crazy 4 Challenges #244: Teddy Bears
Sweet Stampin': Christmas In July
We Do Dobadoo #10: Spotty & Dotty


Here's a list of the rest of the Christmas Card Club girls. Be amazed by their talent!

Karen P ... Maureen ... Margaret ... Carol ... Lizzie ... Hazel ... Karen B ... Sue P ... Sylvie ...
Sue J ... Zoë ... Christine ... Mary ... Lorraine ... Rita ... Rachel ... Valery ... GranMargaret ... Kate

Rosie's News:
I received several e-mails from concerned friends wondering why I haven't been posting any updates on Rosie. The truth is, she's had quite a few setback lately and I have not had the will to write about it. Her last X-rays showed minimal decrease in the tumour. Clearly the Doxorubicin isn't enough. So after much thinking and talking with her oncologist, we've added another drug to the mix - Palladia. She's taking it every 72 hours. Her appetite is bad, she's tired and spends most of her time asleep. I'm trying not to think too much about what to do next. We are very grateful for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful week and I hope you're enjoying this fabulous weather!

Beijinhos!


40 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I love Teddy stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful teddy card for Sue's CCC challenge - love it - and thanks for sharing for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you there again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely image Asha, and a great card! Thanks for the update on Rosie. Thoughts and prayers flying to Portugal! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww love forever friends Asha this is so cute..I put mine up on Friday with another card I made just in case blogger didnt work today because I've had trouble with it lol huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cute teddy image and I think, a lovely card also. Great job for the theme.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another cute bear. I like the bear inside the card too. Best wishes to Rosie. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what a great image so cute and cuddly....and really vibrant christmas colors xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Asha, well I think your Hubby iscompletely correct, it is a lovely card. Sweet Teddy and design, great embellishments too.
    Hoping Rosie's setback doesn't last too long, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Methinks your mojo was there urging you on in the background 'cos this is lurvely! I think he is such a cute little Santa and he has pressies - can't go wrong in my eyes!!! Such a brilliant creation.

    Blossom send a hug to Rosie as well, and says be strong!!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Asha. Sending you and Rosie big gentle hugs my lovely friend. Life is hard at times, wish I could reach out to you a bit more. You know where I am if you need to vent sweetie Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup, "It's lovely dear". !!!

    Thinking of you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. fab card and sending hugs for Rosie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. a gorgeous card Asha - inside and out. So sorry to hear about Rosie - sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know, the cards I spend the most time to make are usually not the ones becoming my favorites. In general it's because I've struggled with something, and I think we keep the process in mind while judging our own work.
    There's nothing wrong with this card, it's adorable and would be perfect for a younger person.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card Asha, such a sweet teddy. Love your stitching. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. Hope that you are ok, fingers crossed for Rosie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm with Hubby, I LOVE it! Your Teddy is so cute & cuddly. Coloring is wonderful, and his fur looked like fur too. Loved all the papers and trims that made it such a pretty card. I think MoJo sneaked back when you were not looking - or else you don't really need MJ at your elbow! Happy Sunday evening. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute. I love this Christmas card with the cute teddy. I have not even begun mine yet so might work with a kit I purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello friend,

    So sorry to hear that Rosie is still suffering.

    Your card is really adorable. Those little bears are just too cute!

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Asha!
    Such a sweet holiday card. Love the little bear.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think this is a sweet card. Your hard work paid off as this card looks wonderful. The bear image is sweetly coloured and your design came together nicely!

    The inside is so sweet too (as always).

    Sorry to hear about your poor pet.
    Let us hope the sleeping is his way of healing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous Design…just perfect for our challenge over at Completely Christmas, I do hope you will join us again next week for another fun challenge..
    Hugs
    Suzy B (Owner)
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 20 with your lovely card - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your Christmas card is beautiful Asha, I love the cute bear image and that added tag is gorgeous. Sending you and Rosie hugs Anet.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Uhu, I am a sucker for those cute teddy bears. Lovely Christmas card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Come and join us again next week :o)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable, this is an esp. cute teddy bear and you colored him so cute and embellished adorably!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your card is adorable and I love the teddy bear. I went all the way back to when I first left on my vacation and when I came back, the pain and numbness I had and rash turned out to be shingles. Now I know it must be hard regarding Rosie and I hope you can go to my blog, when you have a chance because I made a card thinking of you. I believe all the furry angels are around and giving strength to our furry loved ones and to us too. Thinking of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What an adorable image and so beautifully coloured! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love Forever Friends bears and your card is really lovely! Thank you for sharing your Christmas card with us at Sweet Stampin' this week and I hope you'll join us again soon, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a cute image and fab design, hugs, Samantha K xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this card, Asha! Darling image and great coloring. Love the stitching and that sheer bow is magnificent. I can't understand what there is to dislike. :-D
    I'm keeping prayers going for Rosie. I'm sorry she's feeling so rough. It's so hard to watch our beloved pets suffer. I'm so hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a beautiful card, the image is so sweet. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Winter Wonderland - good luck!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Asha, love this cute card and the follow through theme on the inside too! Thanks for entering the challenge at Completely Christmas Challenges this week,
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gentle hugs & belly rubs for Rosie - and hugs for you :) I think this card is LOVELY and I won't even make you feed me :) I find too when I'm struggling with mojo that everything ends up on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  36. so pretty love the ribbon and stitching!! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us in our Christmas Colours challenge at Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is gorgeous Asha Thanks for joining in with us at We Do Doobadoo, Good luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...