Saturday, 12 July 2014

Chocolate Baroque July Release: Harlequin Fragments

Hello, my crafty comrades!  Today I have 3 cards to share with you, featuring stamps from Chocolate Baroque's brand new Harlequin Fragments A4 sheet. You can see the original post on Chocolate Baroque's Design Team blog. Here, I will detail the inks, markers and other materials used in these projects.

************

My first card is a bright and cheerful number. I started by inking the background TH Distress Inks in Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade. Then I fashioned the border by repeat stamping around the card with TH Rusty Hinge. Next I stamped the feathery backdrop with TH Salty Ocean. The end result is an image in turquoise green - perfect for the fussy cut peacock from the Indian Textiles A5 sheet. I stamped the bird with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured it with Promarkers. The greeting is from Birthday Words A5 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Black Onyx.

On the inside is another sentiment from the from Birthday Words A5 sheet.

************

My second project is all about the tranquil blue waters. Here I'm using a stamp from the Harlequin Fragments A4 sheet to create bubbles and foam by stamping first in blue using VersaMagic Sea Breeze and again in white using VersaMagic Cloud White .

The supporting cast - clouds and gulls - are from Seashore Scenes A5 sheet and Seashell Collage A5 sheet respectively. I coloured the birds and wood stumps using Graph'It alcohol markers: 9400, 9401, 9402, 3160, 3180, 3245, 3250. That lovely sentiment is from Words Of Comfort And Cheer A4 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Smokey Grey.

Here's the inside ... all stamped with VersaFine Smokey Grey.

************

My final project for today is an easy peasy birthday card, created with the help of the pile of fussy cut pressies from A Gift Of Christmas A4 sheet. First I prepared the background with warm pink in warm pink by blending TH Distress Inks Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Tattered Rose. Next I stamped the harlequin stamp from Harlequin Fragments A4 sheet with TH Crushed Velvet. Then I coloured the presents with Graph'It alcohol markers and adhered it to the background. The sentiments is from Birthday Words A5 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Black Onyx.


On the inside - another go at the Birthday Words A5 sheet and VersaFine Black Onyx.

************

Thank you for stopping by today. Hope to see you tomorrow for a little Christmas show and tell! Have a lovely weekend, my friends!

Beijinhos!

15 comments:

  1. A tremendous trio Asha!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Asha what a beautiful selection of cards the first one is so colourful and has the hint of Asia and spices, love the Seagulls they always remind me of days at the seaside, the third one is so lovely the designs on each one is awesome.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All gorgeous cards Asha and beautiful sayings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Asha, three very beautiful but different cards, gorgeous images and brilliantly bright colours, love them, Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha,
    I see you've been super busy, making papers pretty :):):) Such fab cards.... Lovely inking and sentiments, too!
    Happy Saturday >^..^<
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Asha 3 beautiful cards, love them x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all gorgeous Asha,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic array of cards sweetie. Hope you are well.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great trio of cards showcasing different colors and designs!
    I really love the one with the seagulls. The way you did the background and your coloring, simply fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All gorgeous cards but I think the 1st one is the best..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three outstanding creations!! I just love the POP of color on your first card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your three card is gorgeous Asha, I love the Peacock's colouring and background. Those Seagulls are so adorable and the background is stunning. I love the stencil background at the back of the presents. Well done Asha. Hugs Anet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards and love the colouring especially the Peacock and the birthday harlequin card-you are busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I really love all three of these. The peacock is wonderful, my friend, and those seagulls are exquisite! Love the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That peacock! I love how you've made such stars out of all the background-type images. Those are the ones I always struggle with & you've made them absolutely shine. Love the bubbles on the seagull card, and those lovely bright prezzies!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...