Friday, 4 July 2014

Chocolate Baroque July Release: Harlequin Fragments

Hello my friends. I am three days late with this post. How about that for tardiness?!

It has been a nightmarish week... everything that can go wrong has, and I am so glad the weekend is nigh. Today is an important day for Rosie, but more on that later. First, let take a look at some new stamps. We have two new A4 sheets in Chocolate Baroque's July Release: Tangled Fragments and Harlequin Fragments. You can buy them individually or as a great value Multi-buy Set.

I've got 2 cards to show you, using the Harlequin Fragments A4 sheet. These stamps are fabulous for background designs. Instead of putting them both in this post, I thought I'd break them down and scheduled the second card for Sunday.

**********

For the first project, I lightly inked the background with TH Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean. Next, I stamped the large harlequin design with TH Distress Ink - Faded Jeans.  I coloured a couple of sunflowers and leaves from the Sunny Sunflowers A4 stamp sheet with alcohol markers, fussy cut and adhered them with some foam tape. To finish: a couple of flat-back pearls and a greeting from the BirthdayWords A5 stamp sheet, stamped with VersaFine Black Onyx. A very quick and easy make.


Here's a close-up. I've used the following markers:
Sunflowers: Graph'It markers - 2180, 2160, 2150, 2110, 1250, 1180, 1150
Leaves: Promarkers - Olive, Pear Green, Lime Green


On the inside I stamped a sentiment from  BirthdayWords, surrounded by sunflowers from the July Fairy DL sheet, stamped with TH Distress Ink - Mustard Seed.



Challenges for this card:
Seize The Birthday: AG Birthday - no toppings for me, sorry!
Crafty Sentiments: No Design Paper
Aud Sentiments #110: AG

I'll show you another card from this Release on Sunday. I hope you'll join me then.

Rosie's Update: 
Today is the all important mid-treatment review. We've had 2 cycles of chemo and it's time to see if we're on the right track. I'm taking her in for x-rays and blood-work later this morning. If the tumour has shrunk, we'll continue with the chemo. If not, then it's on to Plan B. Just what that is we don't know yet. Fingers crossed she'll do well today.

Other news:
Something special is happening over at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown tomorrow. Please make sure you drop in ... you will not be disappointed!

Thank you for stopping by today. I wish y'all a beautiful sunny day. We're expecting scorching temps at a max of 21ºC . And to think a decade ago we used to have summers in the high 30s! At least it isn't raining .... yet!

And to my US friends - HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Beijinhos!

30 comments:

  1. Great card Asha. Love the harlequin stamp. Will be thinking of you all later and I pray that things are going well with Rosie. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card, Asha! I love how you created your background, and your sunflowers are so pretty! Beautiful blending with your markers!

    Thanks so much for joining us at ATSM this week! Hope you will be back to play along soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this Asha. The background is lovely and the flowers stunning! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Asha and the sentiment inside is fab too...love the font!! Fingers crossed for Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a wonderful make - love this! Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous creation Asha, Fingers tightly crossed for Rosie today.

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this gorgeous creation, colours are just beautiful...xx
    ♥aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Asha, back from my hols now. Thinking of you today and hope it is good news. You know I love sunflowers and these are coloured expertly. Great background stamp too. Thanks for joining us at ATSM and TIME OUT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning card
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card you make Asha ,nice stamps and colors . Here we have summertime 27 C today , tomorrow rain again . Fingers crossed for Rosy hugs Epie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Asha, stunning card, love the background and those sunflowers are beautifully coloured.
    As I'm new to your blog I don't know who Rosie is, but she is obviously going through a difficult time, so all the best of wishes for her, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a wonderful design, Asha. That inked background with the harlequin stamp and the expertly colored sunflowers look fabulous! Very classy and a design that works for any kind of occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely Birthday card, Asha! Hugs to you and Rosie.

    Lisa

    CRe8n4u

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card, Asha! I love your flowers and the background is very interesting and artistic. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous work of art. Love your color choices for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, LOVE the sunflowers, Asha! Great harlequin background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty card! I love your background...it's wonderful! What awesome sunflower! Your card is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and hope to see more of your artwork in our future challenges! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, great job coloring your sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love the background on this. I have to PIN it so I can remember to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW Asha this is quite beautiful, those flowers and that background look awesome, superb card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card and background Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cutie image ,well coloured and with a beautiful design paper.Thank you so much for entering our challenge at I Love ProMarkers this week.
    Hugs Gudrun DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful colouring! Thanks for playing with Addicted to Stamps Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your card is just stunning Asha, I love your distressed background and the beautiful sunflowers. Hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the vibrant colors on your fabulous card Asha!!! It's stunning my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Asha hope you are well. A gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a beautiful card Asha, I love those vibrant sunflowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am getting caught up on all my blogging. This is such a nice card and love the colouring. Now I will read about Rosie:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card with those GORGEOUS sunflowers and that beautiful blue harlequin background!! Super - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So pretty Asha and I love those beautiful sunflowers :) Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...