Monday, 23 June 2014

Summer Fairies


Hello, my friends! This is a hurried post from me. I'm so behind on just about everything I'm beginning to panic. So let's get down to to business, shall we. I want to show you a couple of cards I made using the Chocolate Baroque's Summer Fairies Collection. It's the last in CB's trio of enchanting seasonal stamps.
The set is also available as individual DL sheets but if you buy the Summer Fairies Collection you will also get the Summer Fairies Inspiration Leaflet for free! The leaflet contains step-by-step instructions from the Chocolate Baroque Design Team for nine wonderful cards, all created with stamps from the Summer Fairy Collection. I'm super-excited to have my project (top row, 4th from the left) included in this leaflet, which is available as a printable download.


**********

My first project for you is a trifold card. The main image from the August Fairy DL stamp sheet, which is coloured with Graph'It and Promarkers. I also added some Baby Blue Liquid Pearls to the sky.  To make the closure, I coloured, fussy cut and popped a sunflower on some foam tape to tuck in the card edge. The fairy's wings are heat embossed in silver onto vellum and adhered to her shoulder.


I made the background for the card by stamping the fern frond from the August Fairy DL stamp sheet on to cream CS using TH Bundled Sage Distress Ink. The smaller sunflowers are from the August Fairy and the larger ones are from the Sunny Sunflowers A4 sheet. I coloured these with Graph'It markers, fussy cut and adhered them to the left flap of the card.  I heat embossed the silhouette in black.


On the inside, more fern fronds and a sentiment from Words Of Comfort And Cheer A5 sheet.


Challenges for this card:
Path of Positivity #15: Happiness - sunflowers, summer breeze, fairy in red dress and glittery wings looking serene and peaceful, leafy surrounding and the sentiment on the inside.... all of these spell happiness to me. 
Sparkle & Sprinkle June Challenge: AG with Glitter, EP or Flocking

**********

For my second card, I'm featuring stamps from the June Fairy DL sheet, except for the grassy bits which is from the Wild Meadow A4 sheet. I wanted to create a background reminiscent of breaking dawn and blended these TH Distress Inks : Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage, Shabby Shutters, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold and Rusty Hinge.


I stamped the silhouette of the fairy directly onto the inked background using VersaFine Onyx Black and added some Stardust Stickles on her wings. I stamped the word "Summer" with Memento Rhubarb Stalk. For a pop of colour, I coloured the butterfly from the July Fairy DL sheet with Promarkers, fussy cut and adhered it to the card.


I stamped the falling ivy using Versafine Olympia Green and the sunflowers with TH Rusty Hinge. For a little texture, I dotted some Daffodil Liquid Pearls.


On the inside, I stamped a few more sunflowers using TH Mustard Seed and a sentiment from Words Of Comfort And Cheer A5 sheet.

Challenges for this card:
Crafting Form The Heart #24: AG
Craft Your Passion #219: The Bold and The Beautiful

**********

That's all from me today. Must dash... a gazillion things to do and not enough hours in the day. Got to pick Rosie later this evening. She is having a few days of IV fluids ahead of her chemo on Thursday.

Thanks for stopping by today. For more inspiration, head on over to the Chocolate Baroque Design Team Blog. See y'all in blog land!

Beijinhos!

16 comments:

  1. Oh how I love fairies!! I would love to get this and will look into that. I love the fairy and her wings-looks like dragonfly wings and the backgound is great. the 2nd one is so colourful and you melded all the colours in the background wonderfully:) Love them both. Give a hug to Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two stunning cards and love how you have done the fairies wings! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both gorgeous! I especially like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your pretty cards. Thanks for sharing at Path of Positivity.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot
    Path of Positivity Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are gorgeous. Love the fold of the first one and the wonderful background colors of the second. Thanks for sharing these with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so gorgeous Asha.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwww Asha these are all amazing and so beautiful, wow, the work you have put into each one is awesome, superb creations.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card and stamps Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful cards and so love these fairies xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you have been busy Asha, your cards are beautiful. I love the trifold card and the background on the second one is stunning. Thinking of you and Rosie and sending you hugs. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of love to you & Rosie!
    These cards...well, you KNOW I love fairies, and these are both just so magical! I love those vellum wings, and the fun fold on the first - and the rainbowy inking on the second, and those perfectly teenytiny dots of LP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these are really magnificent, Asha! Love the fancy folds on the first one and that background for the silhouette on the second. Wonderfully original designs. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pure delight. This is so perfect for our HAPPINESS theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning creation! Love the colors. You have done a wonderful job. Thanks for playing at Crafting from the heart. Good luck. We hope to see you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion! :)

    Petya DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...