Friday, 20 June 2014

Polkadoodles #25: Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Hello friends! Can you believe it's Friday already. The last time I did some proper carting was ... eerr... sometime last week! SO much to do, so little time but I managed to make this quick card for our mid-challenge inspiration over Polkadoodles.

The theme of our on-going challenge is "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". You don't have to include a rainbow in your project, you can if you want to but why not think outside the box and let your imagination soar.

Here's my take on the theme - a patchwork rainbow background for that summer in the country look. I was inspired by the song San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers in Your Hair) by Scott McKenzie...

The background papers are from the bumper Sugar Birdies Collection.  For embellishments,
I used flowers from Bonbon Belles and I finished the project with a few pink & blue blings. 

The sentiment is also form the Bonbon Belles CD.

The image is a pre-coloured digi called Anya from the Fredericka Mini Collection.
I fussy cut her and popped her up on foam tape. LOVE the way her hair is flying 
in the wind.... 

Here's the inside. Clearly Anya isn't just sitting about and thinking of you 
for no good reason. :-)

A few challenges for this card:

Blogger's Challenge: Summertime
Crafty Catz #236: Stitching
Fairytale Challenge: Lazy Summer Days
Sister Act #62: AG Cards Only
Word Art Wednesday #137: AG Uplifting
Seize The Birthday: AG Birthdays Only
Milk Coffee: Summer Fun

Now it's over to you, my friends. Create a project - it can be any papercraft - based on the theme "Somewhere Over The Rainow" and link it up over at Polka Doodles Challenge blog by Noon (GMT) June 27th. The winner will receive their choice of 5 Digis from the Polkadoodles shop. The identity of this lucky person will be announced on Friday July 4th. So hurry and get crafting!

Rosie's News
Her blood-work is within the acceptable range and she's been given the all-clear for the 2nd cycle of Doxorubicin on June 26th.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm nearly there with my backlog of visits and comments. Have a fruitful day, my friends! Summer starts tomorrow .... woooohoooo!

I'll leave you with Scott McKenzie, singing the original version of San Franscisco. The song was written by John Phillips of The Mamas and The Papas. (Don't make me feel old. Please say you remember these folks!)

Beijinhos!


27 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Asha, I like the image and your design, have a lovely weekend
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha gorgeous card hun hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card, love this style too......cheers, aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! you call this a quick card!?? I love all the stitching Asha! you amaze me (you old hippie, you). heehee

    So glad to hear Rosie is improving. Praise the Lord who gives us the desires of our heart!

    Have a blessed weekend!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Asha! I love the colors, image and sentiment! Wonderful design! Good news about Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card..thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful creation Asha. So pleased it is good news on the Rosie front.

    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness, yes, I remember them! But then I AM old, haha, so that doesn't help, does it? How about if I say that I played with them as children, then you'll know I'm MUCH older than you!

    Great news about Rosie! Your card is such a delight, Asha! I am stunned by that incredible stitched paper-pieced rainbow!! Enjoy the weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful. I love how you have incorporated stitching into that lovely rainbow. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card, papers and stitching. Great take for our Inspiration week. Love it and good to hear about Rosie. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect song choice for this darling image, Asha! Great coloring and I lov all the flowers. :-D It's so good to be back with my crafting goodies and finally able to visit all my favs again. Wish I had time to comment on everything you've posted while I was away but... you know I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully designed and love how you colored it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful, colourful card, Asha! So clever how you have 'rainbowed' those stunning papers!
    Thank you for joining us at the MilkCoffee Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderfull card! I love the colors and all little details you have add! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love this card and the free love coming from it. It really inspires a rainbow. Glad to hear about Rosie and that song is now in my head. What amazes me is that these same people are now senior citizens

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is Gorgeous Asha. Love the beautiful scene you have created..loz

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is Gorgeous Asha. Love the beautiful scene you have created..loz

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous stitching. Love the rainbow design. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just gorgeous how you've combined the sweet girl with the flowers and the stitching!Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Asha! What a gorgeous card! I am so impressed with your stitching and how you incorporated it into the design! Fantastic! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz! Ingrid, the GDT xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Asha, I love the beautiful scene as background and the pretty image. I am so glad to hear about Rosie, felt so bad for not asking up to now. Have wonderful week. Hugs Anet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. that's gorgeous! I like every detail in your card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love this card and your soft colouring of the image is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I had to scroll a bit to find your card hun you're such a good blogger! I'm such a naughty blogger lol. Your card this week is stunning I love the cute insert.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous coloring. Great soft colors and girly look.
    Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
    Hugs, Macarena DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...