Sunday, 8 June 2014

Eclectic Ellapu: Time

Hello again, my friends. I'm back to introduce you to 2 new challenges that have started over at the Eclectic Ellapu Blog. Once again, the 2 teams - Pinks and Purples - are playing together again. And we each have our very own theme.

The Pinkies are playing with "Time" and the Purplies are making a "Card For A Man". The two challenges will run for 3 weeks and you can enter one or both as many times as you like. If your entry fulfils the requirements of both challenges, you can link the same project in both.

Here's my take on Time ... a little card measuring 4.5"x3.5" for the hostess of a garden party we'll be attending later this month.

For the background I used a square stamp from CBS Geometric Style  and
TH Tattered Rose. To make the frame for the window I used SB Labels 18
and Classic Ovals dies.

To decorate the frame I used CBS Bridal Bouquet and TH Squeezed Lemonade and
Mustard Seed; and the foliage is from Leafy Accents with Memento Bamboo Leaves.
To finish: some tiny yellow bling.  

On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from CBS Time To Celebrate Additions
and Memento Rich Cocoa.

A few challenges for this card:

Sisterhood Of Snarky Stampers #9: R is for Ribbon
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge #32: AG
My Time To Craft #250: No Design Papers
The Cupboard Trilogy #23: Use Yellow
Time Out Challenges #7: Summer + Twist: Flowers (thank you for summer garden party)
Inspired By #117: Photo Inspiration (pinks, dots, flowers, frames, splash of yellow)

Now it's your turn to create and link up your labour of love over at the Eclectic Ellapu Challenge Blog. Remember, we have 2 concurrent challenges: "Time" for the Pink Team and "Card For A Man" for the Purple Team. You can enter both as many times as you wish. These challenge will run for 3 weeks and you have until 11:59pm GMT on June 29th 2014 to link up your entries.

Throughout the making of this card I was humming, singing, breathing the old folk song "The Yellow Rose of Texas"... for weeks... and still am! It started life as a minstrel song. Over the years the lyrics have become more politically correct and the song has been made popular by country stars, TV shows, military bands etc.

I'll leave you with a link to the sanitised version of The Yellow Rose Of Texas. The visuals include poignant historical tidbits. It's only fair that you sing along with me!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fun (and musical) day of crafting.

Beijinhos!




26 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Asha done in such beautiful colours.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Asha, great font for a start,the colours are so pretty and your stitching is fabulous as usual!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asha, the yellow roses and framed sentiment are absolutely GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that background. I have that CBS sentiment and but you have done a much better job than I could of showing it off! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great background and so nice with the yellow rose and goes well with the song. I listened to it and it is so nice with the pictures. Is that the more politically correct version because I don't see any reason for it to be changed if it is the older version?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Asha! I love yellow roses and three of my grandkids were born in Texas so you know I'm singing along with you. :-D You've been so busy while I've been gone and I have to tell you I love every project you've posted in the last 10 days. Unfortunately, when I returned, I found over 1,000 e-mail reminders in my box and am trying to get round to visit everyone but I'm limited on the number of comments I can leave each of you. I know you'll understand since we've talked about this before. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Asha gorgeous card, love the design xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL. I love the color palette and the symmetrical layout. Great card! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. a beautiful card Asha - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh such a gorgeous card Asha, love every inch of it!! Yes singing along with you :) Have a blessed week my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty...she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful way to draw the eye to the sentiment! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT to join us, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning card design. I love all the stitching around the frame for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all that yellow! So bright and cheery!! Thanks for joining the sisterhood for the "R is for Ribbon" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning card, Asha! Love the background you created and those yellow flowers are lovely! Thanks for joining us for the Ribbon challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Asha this is gorgeous love the colours and design it looks amazing even though it is small, you would never know.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and love love these style of cards you are making! Fabulous. And yep, now I have that tune in my head LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card! I really like the effect of the repeated stamping for the background, and how you framed the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creation, love the roses & the frame is perfect!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time to Craft this fortnight, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Found your blog through the Time out Challenge. What a great card. I love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty thank you card! Thanks for joining the fun at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your recent cards were the inside also is part if the front design! So decorative! One of my favorite colors for summer is yellow, doesn't it look fabulous with kraft! This is an elegant card, it will be much appreciated I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 32 anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, the stitching on the frame is just fabulous! I love this! (and I love that you came to play with the snarky sisters even more! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this card. I had to come to your blog and find it to tell you how much I like it. Have a great rest of your week:)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...