Sunday, 29 June 2014

Eclectic Ellapu: Furry Friends

Hello again, my friends. I'm back to introduce you to 2 new challenges that have started over at the Eclectic Ellapu Blog. Once again, the 2 teams - Pinks and Purples - are playing together in the same sandpit. And to make sure we don't fight, each team has its very own theme.

The Pinkies are cuddling their  "Furry Friends" and the Purplies are celebrating "Girly Birthday With Butterfly". The two challenges will run for 3 weeks and you can enter one or both as many times as you like.

It was my turn to pick a theme for the Pink Team and I chose "Furry Friends". It's no secret that I LOVE my furry family. Our current brood consists of three dogs and an all-black kitten. Each is special, irreplaceable and bring immeasurable joy to our lives. They also prevent us from indulging in a slothful (or elegant!) lifestyle by dragging us out for walks in the sun, rain, sleet and snow! They take over the garden, sofa, carpet, bed and body parts. Feeding times are frenzied, playtimes are manic and bedtimes are frantic when the need to secure one's "spot" is paramount. Vacations require months of precision planning and whenever possible, we drag the entire motley crew with us. We are on first names basis with our vet and pet food supplier.  Despite all the constant cleaning, feeding, walking and medicating... these furballs make our family... and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Here's my card in honour of our furry family:

The papers are from First Edition. Keeping it simple with just a couple of brads.

The image and sentiment are from Our Daily Bread Dog Sympathy. I coloured the sweet
doggie with GI markers: 9500, 9502, 3180, 3190. For the grassy background I used
Promarkers in Pine, Forrest Green, Grass, Sunflower and Buttercup. Did a little fussy

cutting and foam taping.

On the inside, another sentiment from Our Daily Bread Dog Sympathy, stamped with
Memento Rich Cocoa.

My little doggie will be strutting his stuff over at:

Tuesday Morning Sketches #255: Sketch
Word Art Wednesday #138: AG Uplifting
Crafting At The Weekend #3: AG
Fairytale Challenge #94: Lazy Summer Days
Fun-day Friday Challenge #56: In The Garden
QKR Stampede #94: Include A Dog Or Cat
Stampin' For The Weekend: AG ... last challenge


Now it's your turn to create and link up your labour of love over at the Eclectic Ellapu Challenge Blog. Remember, we have 2 concurrent challenges: "Furry Friends" for the Pink Team and "Girly Birthday With Butterfly" for the Purple Team. You can enter both as many times as you wish. These challenge will run for 3 weeks and you have until 11:59pm GMT on July 19th 2014 to link up your entries.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fun day of crafting! We'll be hanging out in the funny farm with the fam! :-)

Beijinhos!


28 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous. Such a lovely image and layout and the sentiment is so true - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! The funny farm...yep, that's how it feels some days! We've got the 2 pups, and 3 cats (2 of them old & cranky) so I know exactly what you're describing :) I totally love your card & will share it on the TMS Facebook page today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card and sentiment Asha, great post to..Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card.Loving this sentiment and image.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so like that stamp set and you have managed to make it super lovely. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Many Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asha, beautiful card. where could I buy this image of the dog?
    Thanks
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super lovely summer card! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a terrific post to go along with a gorgeous card Asha. We only have two fur babies but your comments about the effort to leave town sure ring true and make me smile. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm love the imagery you painted of your furry little family and all the activities!

    Your card is wonderful! I love the eyes on your pup!

    Have a great day!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet and adorable. I love the quotes and they are so true! You did a lot of fussy cutting! We have quite the brood too 4 cats and one amazing doggie. My sis in law...has 3 dogs and 5 cats. To see them all be fed is an amazing feat in and of itself

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet and adorable. I love the quotes and they are so true! You did a lot of fussy cutting! We have quite the brood too 4 cats and one amazing doggie. My sis in law...has 3 dogs and 5 cats. To see them all be fed is an amazing feat in and of itself

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Asha this has brought me so much delight to see, that image as well as the verse is superb and so very true, I love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute, that is the cutest dog and perfectly showcased,and that saying is great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I try my best to visiting your Blog dear Asha as my MIL (see my Second post please) sick and need chemotherapy I have less time to play on my creating table and on Blog land...hope you can apology me...

    I love your image and the coloring and nice sentiment too...yummy DP...Adorable card Asha...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Asha, I like the adorable dog image, have a great week
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great theme choice and your card is so sweet. Love the sentiments, the pooch, layout and earth-tones. Really cute!
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    CRe8n4u

    ReplyDelete
  17. Precious image and fab card, Asha! I have to agree with everything you said about our fur babies. They do 'complete' our lives. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is adorable Asha, I love the cute image and the pretty layout. Your description of your furry family just brought a smile to my face. It sounds like your house is full of fun and love. Hugs Anet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at SFTW challenge cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creation. TFS and joint us at Jo's for FFC

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card. Love that dog image. He looks so relaxed. Thank you for joining our Dog/Cat Challenge at QKR Stampede.

    Emily T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card and I just love your image. Thank you for sharing at crafting at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I must have that phrase/stamp! I love, love, love this! As always absolutely fabulous! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nicely done, thanks for joining FFC!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awwww, look at that face! He's adorable! And I love the sentiments you've used, they're perfect with the theme and design of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic card and image , and I LOVE the sentiment Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great job. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Cat or Dog Challenge." Good Luck, and come back to join us again.

    Karal DT for QKR Stampede
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this as much as you love your furbabies hun xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...