Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Chocolate Baroque June Release 1

Hello there! A quick post from me. I am so behind on a gazillion things today .... since last week, to be honest. So, very quickly, here are a couple of makes from Chocolate Baroque's seriously beautiful stamps. There are two new A5 stamp sheets for June: Harebell Butterfly and Briar Rose Butterfly. Today, I'm playing with the former.

**********

For my first project I've used some bits of pretty floral background papers
from Wild Rose Studios Vintage Rose collection and one of the larger images
from the 
Harebell Butterfly sheet to create this delicate feminine card.
For cutting and layering I used Spellbinders Floral Oval and Classic Oval dies.
To finish, just a few embellishments - some pearls and sheer ribbon.

Here's a close up of the sprig of harebells, coloured with Promarkers (Prussian,
Violet, Pink Carnation, Pear Green and Lime Green). For the butterfly I
used 
Graph'It Markers (Chocolate, Cognac, Cajou, Caramel and Honey).

On the inside I stamped a sentiment from the Birthday Words set
and the small butterfly from the new Harebell Butterfly A5 sheet.

Challenges for this card:

Addicted To Stamps #83: Bingo - Sentiment + Pearls + Bow
Fairy Tale Stampers #39: Flowers
Craft Dee Bowz June: AG With Handmade Bow


Here's another card project using stamps from the Harebell Butterfly sheet. No patterned papers this time.

I made my own background by inking directly on to the card base using
TH Distress Inks 
in Bundled Sage and Squeezed Lemonade, and one of the
smaller leafy stamps from the Harebell Butterfly 
sheet. The colours are heavy
in the bottom, getting progressively lighter in the top. I did not blend the inks and
went with the mottled look. Through the window you can see the stamped the image,
which is inside of the card. The fussy cut butterflies are also from the same 
sheet.

I coloured the image with Promarkers (Plum, Purple, Amethyst,
Orchid, Pine Forrest Green and Grass). For the butterfly I used
Graph'It Markers (Cajou, Cappuccino, Caramel, Banana) 

These beautiful words are from Loving Sentiments A5 stamp sheet.

Challenges for this card:

Cupcake Inspirations #263
Dragonfly Dreams #6: Anything With Wings
Aurora Wings #3: Butterflies

**********

Rosie's News: We completed the last few preliminary tests today and have the all-clear to start chemo. Rosie's first cycle will be on Thursday 5th June. She's going in bright and early at 9am. I'm a bundle of nerves and she's blissfully ignorant. We make a great pair! Thank you for all your loving thoughts and prayers. She's in good Hands.

That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and have lovely evening.

Beijinhos



36 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation Asha.
    Love the colors,beautiful image and Die too.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning makes Asha - really beautiful - fingers crossed that everything goes okay! Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is stunning Asha. I love the stamps and your coloring is perfect..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Asha, these are stunning! I love them both - they are amazing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing card, lovely details ...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are so beautiful! I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are beautiful and elegant Asha, I love the flower image and butterflies.

    All of the best for you and Rosie you are in our thoughts and prayers. Lots of Hugs Anet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Also, starting Wednesday nite 10 pm, Craft-Dee BowZ is having our June Blog Hop. Leave comments on the DT posts to be eligible for the prize. Hope you can join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Asha, sorry not be visiting for a week or so but been mad busy and it appears I have missed some wonderful cards and these are no exception. The purple coloured flowers are lovely and what fab colouring my friend! I hope all goes well with Rosie tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards, Asha! I love the papers and the beautiful images! Wonderful designs for both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards both inside and out, Asha! Thanks so much for entering our Butterflies Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both these cards are so pretty, feminine and delicate. I love the colouring and love the background you made. My prayers are for you and Rosie. I hope she will be ok through this ordeal...and you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fantastically gorgeous creations. I am so stunned at their beauty Asha.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beauties Asha!! Love the harebell card in particular..so delicate and lovely with the bit of fussy cutting breaking the oval and the perfect stitching!!! So glad you joined us at Craft Dee BowZ!!! ((hugs)),
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi hun really love your card and ty for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams - very good luck Judith DT x (I have blog candy if you fancy taking a peek) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha...Love those flowers the coloring is adorable and the butterfly ooh to die for..I want to have it...I really want..tell me please which stamp is it..I will buy it if it sell in Germany if in USA ..hmmm I think the shipping costs is always expensive Asha..all in one word GREAT BEAUTIFUL CARD..love it...see you soon on my blog...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous cards hun really lovely and thank you for stopping by my blog - appreciated x I also have Candy at the top of my blog if you fancy joining in hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A few prayers never go astray....a gorgeous couple of cards and I have recently purchased a stamp awaiting it's arrival just to see how I like them....take care.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. All beautiful cards Asha! Exqusite colouring. I am so sorry to hear that Rosie is undergoing cancer treatment. My heart goes out to you and sending her prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful creations Asha, I love them both! I hope Rosies treatment went well!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both cards are absolutley gorgeous. Your colouring is beautiful and I love the Loving Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, fabulous card! Beautiful flowers and butterflies! Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations. Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning Asha, really love these. Very talented !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these cards. I really love the fussy cutting on the first card. It's absolutely perfect, really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wunderschön!
    ein tolle, niedliche karte.

    danke für die TN. bei den fairxtale stampers.

    glg m,eggi

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card, you're background is perfect! Miss our MIM site still but enjoy going to the blogs of those from MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card, you're background is perfect! Miss our MIM site still but enjoy going to the blogs of those from MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are breathtaking, Asha!! The flowers and butterflies are so beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW both cards are stunning Asha, the way you colored the images really brought them to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What spectacular cards! Those are beautiful flowers! And that large butterfly is gorgeous! So glad you were inspired by this week's flower theme at Cupcake Inspirations! Hope you'll join our next challenge!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your cards are both stunning! I love those very very real looking butterflies! and your coloring makes them almost come alive!

    Praying for you friend!!

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are stunning Asha! I love both of them and the butterflies look like they could fly away!

    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope you come back soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW, Asha! Stunning card and gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Die ist wundervoll großartig geworden.
    Hab lieben Dank für's mitmachen bei Fairytale Stampers
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  35. You & I can be behind together :) It's nice to have company!
    This card is stunning - I feel like I say that every time, but every time it's true! The peep-through to the gorgeous inside is just so beautiful & unique :)
    More big hugs for you & Rosie both :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your card is beautiful
    Thanks for joining us at fairytale Stampers.
    Hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...