Saturday, 28 June 2014

52 {C}CT June Stash Challenge

And so we've arrived at the our last dance in June. The lovely ladies at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown, led by the talented Louise of Cats, Cards and Cupcakes have made have dug deep into their stash to make Christmas cards with "Charms".

Our guest designer for the month - the talented Marie Flayer of NJ Stamping Queen - will be playing along too. Please stop by Marie's blog and take a peek at what she's created for your viewing pleasure.

Here's my offering for this challenge, featuring a wintery scene from Chocolate Baroque's The Gift Of Christmas A4 stamp sheet:

The card measures 6"x6" and no patterned papers were harmed in its production!
I made my own by stamping snowflakes onto light grey CS using VersaColor Silver
and VersaMagic Sea Breeze. On the tree, I adhered teeny tiny red bling.

I coloured the image with Graph'It and Promarkers.
Roof: GI 9400, 9402, 9404, 9406, 9408
House: GI 1230, 1250, 1270, 2105, 2120, 3245
Tree & Shrubs: PM Pine, Forest Green, Leaf Green
Sky: TH Distress Ink Tumbled Glass

Here's a close-up... in case you missed the snowflake charm. I also added lots of
Stardust Stickles for some festive sparkle.  

On the inside is a greeting from CB's Warm Christmas Greetings.

A few challenges for this card:

CHNC Extra June: AG Christmas
Completely Christmas #18: AG Christmas
Christmas Card Challenges #30: Photo Inspiration /AG Christmas
Holly Jolly Christmas: Show Me Some Glitter
Word Art Wednesday #138: AG Uplifting
Jingle Belles: A Christmas Story - "A Christmas Story" 1983 movie directed by Bob Clark.
My Perfect Life: Christmas (JFF) - join Marina as she works towards her goal of making 48 festive cards! 
Graph'It Colour Challenge #26: AG With A Marker

Now it's your turn to create a festive card based on this week's Stash: "Charms". In order to be considered for Top Honour and Honourable Mentions, your new card must follow the challenge theme and you must link it to the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Challenge Blog by 6pm GMT / 1pm EST on Friday, July 4th. And here's the most important rule: Have Fun!

For ideas and inspiration, visit the rest of the 52 {C}CT crew:
Mynnette * Ruth * Jacqueline * Louise * Deborah * Patricia * Danielle * Gill * Fabiola

Rosie's Update:
Rosie spent all of yesterday asleep and ate very little. She's on a special high-calorie high-nutrition formula. It helps with the nausea and the lack of appetite. There are oral meds she has to take, so skipping meals is not an option. The first couple of days are usually the worst. I'm confident she'll do better tomorrow. Thank you for all your loving thoughts.

And thanks for stopping by today. I'm sorry I haven't been actively blogging or commenting. With so much going on, I've focused my crafting mainly on getting my DT commitments out on time.  I'll be back tomorrow with another post for another challenge. It's marathon week for me!  Have a lovely weekend, my friends, and I'll see y'all tomorrow.
Beijinhos!




31 comments:

  1. A lovely Christmas scene Asha, and the inside of your card is just as beautiful - anyone would be lucky to receive your gorgeous card. Have a lovely weekend, hugs, Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely cottage Asha, there are lots like that here in Dorset!!
    Love your hand crafted paper too you clever girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely winter scene, Asha. We don't get snow here, but we've had hail, rain and lots of wind today.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Completely Christmas Challenge
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. magnifique Asha, ce paysage est superbe et ton coloriage est tellement réussi, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Asha, your Christmas card is beautiful. I love the image and your colouring is fabulous. Thinking of you and Rosie and sending you lots of hugs. Hope Rosie's appetite will pick up again. Take care of yourself Asha. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is another stunner Asha. Sending healing vibes to Rosie.

    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This image is just so heartwarming and I love it. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Many Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this winter scene is absolutely stunning and the touch of sparkle is perfect. Love the little snowflake charm.

    Thanks for the upadate about Rosie - sending hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card love the winter cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely Stunning Design...just perfect for our challenge over at Completely Christmas, I do hope you will join us again next week for another fun challenge..
    Hugs
    Suzy B (Owner)
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful Christmas card Asha! Your image is fabulous and it's colored beautifully. Well done my friend! Hugs to Peanut and Richard P. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just been flicking back through your last few posts Asha because I'v been missing. You have made some gorgeous creations. I love the image you have used on this one! Thinking of you and Rosie.. This is so hard for you! Much love Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, I like how you created so much dimension! I appreciate the Rosie update. Concentrate on what you need to, we all have busy times and catch up when we can. Take care, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful little Christmas card. Love that cozy winter scene. My best to you & Rosie ♥
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    CRe8n4u

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW - this is stunning! Fabulous colours and scene. I love the cottage. Beautiful. Hope Rosie starts eating better. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loooveee your colouring Asha its really wonderfull and adorable...reat coloring ...Great card..hope you are doing well...me not really so happy...you can read on my last post sweety..big hugs...Monika (I try to visiting you sweety..cause I miss to see your beautiful creations)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your snowflake charm ... so glad you shared your Christmas Story with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your pretty Christmas scene on your card. So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful Christmas scene. Great colouring I love the image and the little snowflake charm

    ReplyDelete
  20. How gorgeous! Wonderful winter scene - almost makes me wish I was holed up in that cabin making cards and drinking hot cocoa.
    Hoping Rosie is much better soon. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  21. First off-love your winter scene and the colouring-so peaceful looking. Don't feel bad about not being able to blog much as all your concerns are for Rosie who is a real trouper. I hope she is eating a little better today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great outdoor image, and wonderful coloring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful winter image Asha, perfect for the very special Christmas card you've created! Beautiful colouring and background stamping, sparkle and that sweet snowflake charm - what's not to love?!
    Have a great week! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can imagine this little cottage being situated in the English countryside! The snowflake charm coordinates perfectly with the background paper. (Your "no patterned papers were harmed" disclaimer made me giggle! :) ) Wonderfully done, Asha.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely scene you've created and I love the stamped background too. Great stitched borders. Thanks a lot for joining in with my Festive 48. Hope you can link up again next week. Marina http://myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a lovely holiday card! thanks for joining our "christmas story" celebration at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. A very pretty winter scene. Love how you have colored it and used a touch of sparkle. Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly Christmas.
    Cindy DT/co-owner

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card - I love the snow-covered bushes! And hugs for Rosie - sleep is a great healer :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just catching up on some of your work I missed out on while away on holiday. I really like this Christmas card, it has such a warm and cosy feel to it. Your coloring is wonderful, and I like your choice of layout for this image.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning card and scene you have created Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much, Asha, for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 18 with your lovely card - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT and thanks also for sharing this for CHNC challenge extra for June - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...