Saturday, 14 June 2014

52 {C}CT June Colour Challenge

Another Saturday has rolled on by, folks. And that can only mean one thing ... time to play along with the girls at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown. It's week #2 and our lovely hostess, Louise of Cats, Cards and Cupcakes is giving you a choice of 3 Colours PLUS a Metallic of Choice. She's not insisting on metal (gold, silver, copper), as long as you use something shiny on your project she won't send you to the naughty step.

Our guest designer for the month - the talented Marie Flayer of NJ Stamping Queen - will be playing along too. Please stop by Marie's blog and gawk at her fabulous festive make.

It seems that our Louise was prompted by the summer heat and the strawberries that come with the season. Head on over to  52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown to see her cute photo inspiration. What a brilliant suggestion, Louise! Do strawberries work on a Christmas card? You tell me:


With a red card base, I'm going CAS with no patterned papers. For the border
I used CBS  Diagonal Stripes and Memento Pine. The banner greeting is from
CBS Christmas Cheer, stamped with VersaColor Scarlet.

The strawberries are from CBS Fruitilicious, stamped with TH Festive Berries and
VersaMagic Tea Leaves. Then I sprinkled some sparkly bits with silver and hologram
pieces. I think it works! What say you?

The sentiment and accents are form CBS Christmas Cheer


You'll find my festive berries over at these challenges:

Clearly Besotted Challenge #12: AG
Word Art Wednesday #136: AG Uplifting
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long #15:
Jinge Belle Rock: Red & Green All Over
Festive Friday #33: Photo Inspiration (red, green, snow)
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #263: Christmas
Crimbo Crackers #66: AG Christmas
CHNC Extra June: AG Christmas

Now it's your turn to create a festive card based on this week's Colour challenge. In order to be considered for Top Honour and Honourable Mentions, your new card must follow the challenge sketch and you must link it to the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Challenge Blog by 6pm GMT / 1pm EST on Friday, 20th June. And here's the most important rule: Have Fun!

For ideas and inspiration, visit the rest of the 52 {C}CT crew:
Mynnette * Ruth * Jacqueline * Louise * Deborah * Patricia * Danielle * Gill * Fabiola

Rosie's Update and Other News:
Rosie's appetite has improved but she's still not eating as well as she used to.We're going in for bloodwork today and that will decide if she is fit for the second cycle of chemo scheduled for next week. Fingers crossed it all goes well.

Other more exciting news: we have a new kitty! He's still a baby at 10 weeks and an absolute darling. He's proving to be a hit with Rosie too. He keeps her entertained with hours of play and she is amused by this fearless furball.  His name ... Richard Parker and he looks like this:

Richard Parker ... in a rare moment of zen!

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend! (I'm still behind with my commenting. Please bear with me. Rosie is taking up much of my attention right now but I will return your visits... promise! I am very grateful for your comments.)

Beijinhos!


31 comments:

  1. Great card Asha and of course strawberries can feature on a Christmas card, they must grow somewhere in the world at Christmas time!! Pleased to hear the update on Rosie and that her new playmate is taking her mind off things!! He looks a bundle of mischief!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha and fabulous card hun love it it is delcious - thanks also for dropping by my blog - I ve been with Tuesday Throwdown for quite a while lol but thank you for the lovely welcome hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very tasty card - lovely - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. super sympa Asha, très gourmande, ces fraises givrées sont si appétissantes, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really gorgeous lip smacking card.Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at CHNC Extra.

    Rosie is still in my prayers, Richard Parker looks really sweet and I am glad Rosie has excepted him okay.

    Hugs
    Cathy GDT Member
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I eat strawberries all year long so it works! I love it with the little snow around it. I am glad Rosie is eating a little more and a new fur baby is just what the Dr. ordered. I love black cats and he looks like he is ready to spring into action. Love the name and it sounds familiar but I can't place where I heard it before. Thinking of Rosie and you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I eat strawberries all year long so it works! I love it with the little snow around it. I am glad Rosie is eating a little more and a new fur baby is just what the Dr. ordered. I love black cats and he looks like he is ready to spring into action. Love the name and it sounds familiar but I can't place where I heard it before. Thinking of Rosie and you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Asha! I SO enjoy visiting your sweet blog and seeing your lovely creations. This is SO pretty - and I love how you've been doing the inside as well as the outside. You are talented, and so attentive to detail. Great job, my friend, Thanks for sharing with us.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card Asha, I love the strawberries look yummy and I like the design, and Richard Parker is a really sweetie.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great original take on the Christmas theme! Strawberries are hard to find in Norway for Christmas, but I'd be happy to change any Christmas cookie and sweets for some of these berries. And my weight wouldn't protest either! Lol.
    I also wanted to let you know I've got candy on my blog if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is absolutely fabulous! I really like the strawberries with their frosty covering! As always the stitched detail is super.

    Great photo of Richard Parker!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a totally fun Christmas card Asha, so creative with the strawberries and sparklies!! I hope all goes well with your sweet Rosie and your little RP is a real cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is beautiful Asha, I love the pretty strawberries image and the layout. Hope to hear good news about Rosie and her bloodwork. Richard Parker looks so adorable so glad to hear that Rosie like's him. Hugs for you and Rosie. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your frosted strawberries Asha, such a fun touch to a very festive card!

    RP is totally adorable, so glad he's being a great companion to Rosie!

    Have a great week! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bold pops of colour of your Christmas Strawberries! Not necessarily traditional, but what a treat some fresh strawberries would be on Christmas morning! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card and wonderful colours - yep strawberries work :-) Richard Parker is super adorable and love that he is keeping Rosie busy :-) Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Richard Parker? Perfect!! he looks like a Richard : ) So glad to hear your fur babies are bringing you more joy.

    I really like the berries on your Christmas card. I have never associated strawberries with Christmas - but of course! they are perfect!! Outstanding

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fun and quirky Christmas card - just gotta love those strawberries. Although at Christmas time, I would dread to think of the hiked shop prices for those! They look fab on your card though - love it. Hugs, Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your berries looks so YUMMY, sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, you certainly made strawberries work for Christmas, Asha! This card is fantastic I LOVE it! The glittery bits sprinkled around the berries is a nice touch, like sugar or snow! Either works for me. Thanks for doing such an awesome job this week!

    Louise xx
    PS Thanks for your kind words on our loss too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous strawberries Asha, just proves you can have them any time of year. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Strawberries on a Christmas card - how fabulous!! Praying for your Rosie and love seeing your new little baby Richard Parker. Hange in there friend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a darling card! Strawberries in the snow, so perfect!! Love it!! Thank so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh wow! what a fun and original holiday card! thanks for rockin' the red and green with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. A really fun card - love it.

    Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love those stamped stripes ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the strawberries against the stripy paper. Yes strawberries are the thing over here for Christmas. No Christmas feast is complete without them, preferably on top of meringue.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really love the idea of using strawberries on a Christmas card, Asha - very unique but still festive! I love the extra sparkle you've added :) Thank you so much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Asha, I would of never thought to use strawberries for Christmas but it is great! How resourceful. You new kitten is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your strawberries look delicious…no matter what the season! And your CAS design is SO nicely done! So pretty! Delighted you could play along with Festive Friday last challenge…do come back!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for entering your lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for June - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...