Friday, 16 May 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SANDIE!

Guess who's celebrating her birthday today?! My dear BlogBuddy Sandie of London Days, that's who! Sandie was one of my first blog friends and she will always be close to my heart. This one's for you Sandie! I hope you have a wonderful day of love, happiness, good health and abundance! Can you handle all that goodness?!

Nonni and Lynn have organised a birthday linky party so we can all make some crafty-noise in honour of Sandie's big day. Here's the card I'm taking to the party. Since Sandie is such an upbeat bubbly person I wanted to make something bright, zesty and bursting with joy. Sunflowers fit the bill and these will not fade!

 The sunflowers are from Chocolate Baroque's Sunny Sunflowers A4 sheet. The greeting is from
Chocolate Baroque's Birthday Words A5 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Olympia Green.
To finish, some stitching (it's an obsession of mine!) and 3 teeny-tiny pale green bling.
That's what I call doing it CAS style! Right, Sandie?!

Here's a closer look at the design . I first heat embossed the sunflowers and leaves
 with white EP before applying TH Distress Inks. For the sunflowers I used Rusty Hinge,
Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade. For the leaves I used Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters.
And don't forget to give the card a wipe so that the embossing is clean and white.

The sentiment is from CB's Loving Sentiments A5 sheet, stamped with
VersaFine Olympia Green. I also stamped a frame of little sunflowers with
TH Mustard Seed and for the leaves I used TH Shabby Shutters. I have to say,
that sentiment doesn't leave me much room for a personal message. I can just
about squeeze in Sandie's name... oops!

Hop on over to Nonni's place at Korttikarkuri - Runaway Cards and join us in wishing Sandie a beautiful day. To help spread the word, I'm also sharing this card at:

Word Art Wednesday #132: AG Uplifting
{PIN}spirational Challenges #107: Photo Inspiration
Crafty Sentiments: Flowers
Scrap Creations: Mother's Day / Girly Card - girly card
Delightful Sketches: Hello Sunshine
Sieze The Birthday: Bithdays with Flowers

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I wish Sandie the happiest of birthdays. She is a beautiful person inside and out, and I feel blessed to be able to call her my friend.

Have a grand Friday every one. (Don't forget to stop by Nonni's blog and take a peek at Sandie's birthday cards.) See ya tomorrow!

Beijinhos!



30 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Asha and thank you for your kind words and my early morning text!! Sunflowers are one of my fav flowers so I love, love this x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder Sandie loved this Asha, it's fabulous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL creation, Asha! I love the techniques and stamps you've used. The inside is very pretty too. Thanks for joining the linky party and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning stamps Asha - these are on my wish list!!! Beautiful make! hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...this is just so beautiful! those colors make stunning flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zesty is a super word. The enmbossing is gorgeous. Thank you for dropping in to visit us at Word Art Wednesday today with this beautiful art. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card for Sandie, Asha! Love the pretty Spring colors and beautiful sunflowers! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card, love the colors and design
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! I feel like it is MY birthday this card makes me so happy!! : ) Such beautiful coloring : )

    I hope you are enjoying all the Lord's best today!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous bright card fulI of sunshine. Your friend will love it. Thank you for sharing it with us at ( Pin ) spirational this week. Wynn DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you have made Asha ! So beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning Asha! have a fabulous weekend huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this resist look - so sumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is absolutely gorgeous Asha, I just love love this. Beautiful colour combination. Your Blog Friend will definitely love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, this is heavenly, Asha! Everything about it is so perfect and Sandie will love it!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so gorgeous Asha. Such gorgeous colours and image.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Asha what a stunning card for Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous creation and a great technique for a one layer or CAS card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card - fabulous colours. Love love the inside too! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful stamping and inking! And I share your obsession of stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty card!! I love the embossing and inking of the flowers and I'm a sucker for stitching too!!
    So glad you played along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is Gorgeous Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  23. So lovely! Love how those DI's blend together over the white embossing. Fab! kReN

    ReplyDelete
  24. How beautiful, fun, fresh and bright. She will love this and I am glad you are making such happy cards despite the tough challenge with sweet Rosie. Thinking of her every day and I give my Wallace hugs as if I am giving hugs to Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a beautiful, bright and cheery card for a person with the same attributes. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  26. A beautiful creation! All those blooms look fabulous in those bright and happy colours and I love that sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the white on the sunflowers, Asha. What a magnificent way to set them off and make the eye focus on them! Lovely sentiment. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Bright and zesty! Best description ever :) That is exactly what this card is. LOVE these colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is totally gorgeous! The inking as well as the lay-out of the elements with perfect colors made this awesome. Love it! We are blessed that you joined our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I want to encourage you with God's Word in Ephesians 6:7 which says, "Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people."

    Hugs and blessings,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful cheery card, perfect for your friends birthday!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...