Monday, 26 May 2014

Chocolate Baroque May Release 3

Hello, friends! I'm a little late with this post. It should have gone live about 24 hours ago but... oh well, better late than never, right?  Yesterday, I shared my last two samples using stamps from Chocolate Baroque's May Release: Fleurs Nouveau and Nouveau Lovebirds.  These are simple makes, not requiring many tools, products or complicated techniques.

You can see the original post on the Chocolate Baroque DT blog. Here, I will give you details of the inks, paints and techniques used to create these cards.... and you get a see the inside of the cards!

*********

For my first project, I inked the background in rich autumnal tones with various hues of reds, orange and mustard Distress Inks by Tim Holtz, starting from the outside with Aged Mahogany and Barn Door blending into Rusty Hinge and Mustard Seed toward the inside. Then I stamped some grassy bits from the Wild Meadow A4 sheet and a sentiment from the Loving Words A5 sheet, both using Aged Mahogany

I stamped the focal image on Elegance 300gsm paper using Memento Tuxedo Black and fussy cut it. Then I masked the image, applied Mustard Seed on the remaining white background to match the card front and coloured the stems with Promarker Marsh Green. Then I adhered this piece to the prepared background.  I stamped the floral image again and this time coloured the flowers with Red and Poppy and the leaves with Pear Green and Lime Green. Then I fussy cut these and adhered them to the main image. To finish, 3 black bling in the centre of the three flowers shown below.

The sentiment on the inside is from the Birthday Words A5 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Smokey Grey. The grassy bits is a stamp from the Wild Meadow A4 sheet, stamped with Rusty Hinge

Challenges for this card:
Amusing Challenges #12: AG
Word Art Wednesday #133: AG Uplifting
Allsorts #260: Happy Birthday
*********

When I saw this arty image form the Nouveau Lovebirds A4 sheet, I didn't know what to make of it. It looked like an alien growth of sorts, but I was determined to used it ... somehow. I started by inking the background with lighter tones of Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass, Broken China and a little Weathered Wood at the edges with some dark yellow Mustard Seed radiating from the centre. I stamped a design from Texture Fragments A4 sheet using Stormy Sky.

I stamped the image on Elegance 300gms using Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Promarkers: reds - Lipstick Red and Berry Red ; greens - Pear Green, Lime Green and Lime Zest.     Then I fussy cut and mounted it on foam tape and adhered to a piece of vellum which I cut with Spellbinders Lacey Oval die.  Some black bling and twine finish this card.

On the inside is a sentiment from the Birthday Words A5 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue.


Challenges for this card:
One Stitch At A Time #214: AG
Always Something Creative #75: AG
Challenges 4 Everybody #41: AG

There you have it - two simple cards with contrasting colour combos. Despite their art nouveau label, stamps from Fleurs Nouveau and Nouveau Lovebirds collections truly are versatile and will work with any style or skill set. Don't forget to swing by the Chocolate Baroque Design Team Blog often as the rest of the crew will be posting more projects.

Thanks for stopping by today... and for your patience. I am catching up on the visiting. It really troubles me to know I'm missing so many fabulous makes!

Beijinhos!

21 comments:

  1. Hallo Asha, your cards are beautiful. I just love your first card, the background distressing is stunning and is beautiful with the flower image. Hope Rosie is doing well? Take card of yourself. Hugs Anet

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful...I love the inked backgrounds. I have to learn how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both creations are awesome sweetie. The first one has such fantastic distressing, mine always looks a mess and not equal.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spotted you first card and I was immediately drawn to its vibrant colors! They blend together beautifully and I like how you've combined stamped grass with black ink with the colored flowers. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Pia I was drawn to the magnificent color on the first card. The dimension is wonderful and the corner stitching seems to tie it all together, We like to see your wonderful art here at Word Art Wednesday. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. God Bless, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards and love the layering of the flowers. LOL alien indeed! Hugs, Karon. Love the new addition too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art is SO gorgeous, Asha. Thanks so much for sharing with us and have a blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alien growth LOL! well whatever "it" is you surely did it proud!! Love all the beautiful details.

    : ) Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty and elegant cards Asha, thank you for joining our Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Asha! Love the flowers and the dimension you created. I would have struggled with the other image, too, and you managed it so beautifully. -D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both gorgeous cards, and stunning colour choices.
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards and colors Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asha great job love the colors you used. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both the cards are beautiful, but my preference is the first project. Just love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful-both of them. I love the background colours and the fussy cutting. I can see the Art Nouveau in the 2nd flower-always wonderful and inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another gorgeous creation to share with us at Word Art Wednesday. Thank you so much!
    Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are just beautifully done. Love the bright colors you used and the background on your first card is just lovely. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge Anything Goes.
    Deborah OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Real life comes first! I'm behind too, and it seems to help to catch up on all the posts but just leave a comment on the latest one :) People get it! That way you can still see everything & save yourself a wee bit of time. These cards are both stunning - your inking is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for joining our challenge at allsorts this week Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, was für schöne und aufwendige karten.

    danke für deine TN bei ASC.

    glg mrggi

    ReplyDelete
  21. 2 beautiful cards! Gorgeous inside and out! Thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck. Hugs

    Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...