Monday, 12 May 2014

Chocolate Baroque May Release 2

Good morning, friends! Sorry I'm a little late with this post but I hope you are having fun with your new Chocolate Baroque May Release stamps. I have 2 samples to show you, both made using the new A5 sets called Nouveau Lovebirds.  These stamps are so versatile and that they can be funky or elegant ... the choice is yours!

You can see the original post on the Chocolate Baroque DT blog. Here, I will give you details of the inks, paints and techniques used to create these cards.... and you get a see the inside of the cards!

*********

My first card is a bright and bubbly good luck card featuring the stylised flowers from the Nouveau Lovebirds stamp set. Added bonus: quick and easy to make.

I started by heat embossing the images using white embossing powder. For the background I blended Tim Holtz Distress Inks Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade (yellows) and Shabby Shutter and Bundles Sage (greens) with some Barn Door and Aged Mahogany  (reds) for the floral buds. The greeting is from Words of Comfort and Cheer, stamped with VersaFine Olympia Green.

Here's a closer look at the card. Just to fill some of the space, I also heat embossed an image from the Texture Fragments set. You don't have to be precise whne applying the ink and that's what makes this card so easy and fun to make.

The sentiment inside is from Words of Comfort and Cheer. I also stamped a the top but of image featured in front.

Challenges for this card:


*********

My second card is not so loud and boisterous. This elegant card features the lovebirds after which the stamp set is named (that's my guess!). The front of the card has a layer of vellum that allows you to barely see through to the top half of the inside.  I used one of the smaller stamps from the Nouveau Lovebirds to make the background. This card would make a lovely engagement, wedding or anniversary card. 


Here's a closer look at the image of the lovebirds. I coloured it with Promarkers, fussy cut it and adhered it directly onto the vellum layer. You can just about see the background stamping on the bottom half of the card front.

On the inside, the stamped half will show through the vellum layer, leaving space for a discreet message below. I used TH Dusty Concord to stamp the design.

*********

You've seen two contrasting styles using stamps from the Nouveau Lovebirds set .... and you have to agree they are anything but arty! These images are so versatile and lend themselves to any design style.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great week, everyone!

Beijinhos!



28 comments:

  1. Wow Asha what stunners!! Beautiful colours too. Love the white embossing on the first and your fabulous fussy cutting on the second and such a great use of vellum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful,lovely designs and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card and your cutting out is perfect! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter - good luck! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these cards look fabulous Asha. Such beautiful colours and great techniques
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Asha these are fantastic ! Such gorgeous colours & design, have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both Stunning Asha I love them!!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Asha these are so beautiful I love the images, colours and embossing on the first one and the second is truly wonderful.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are all beauties Asha - just wish I could afford them! The bank - he say no! Lol! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two amazing cards!! I am particularly fond of the first. I really love how you embossed with white then colored your card face. Really! beautiful!

    I hope you are having a wonderful day, friend.

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Asha!! Both of your creations are so stunning!! Beautiful technique on the top card and I love the images on your second one!! Hope all is well with you! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful creations. Love the distressing. The end result is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both cards! Is it white embossing powder or clear on white paper? I love the colour combo-so cheerful. the 2nd cardis great-so sift and elegant-Love those art nouveau birds and it looks like candlerabra . You stamped the image on the inside of the vellum so you go the soft look? Ilove it. Hope Rosie is well

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two gorgeoussssssss cards Asha !!! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woooow Ashaaaaaa
    ....I can not tell anything totally adorable two cards...love the first one with the colors and the second one oooh my God...I love pourple I love the two birds and love the elegant of your card...I wish I can have this second card for my birrthday card dear Asha...its really adorable....you did totally lovely cards on this post...love love love....see you soon on my blog sweety...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both stunning cards Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are fabulous, Asha! I must admit to loving the one with purple just a bit more but that's because it's my fav color. These are terrific stamps and I can see what you mean about being good for either funky or elegant. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. 2 wonderful cards Asha. The colours in the background of the first are just beautifully blended and great embossing. Love the elegance of the second card and it would be perfect for our challenge this week at TIME OUT, would love you to link up, here is the link
    http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/time-out-challenge-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very Pretty, Thank you for sharing with us over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge...Hope you will join in with the fun again next week, after all without you we would have no challenge, good luck in the draw...
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply stunning cards Asha. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the way you used the deep green for the sentiment & positioned it nestled between the two images. The latter's positioning creates lovely movement & I like the effect of the texture stamping along the sides combined with the stitching to give just that - Texture! I especially like the way that right hand flower head is 'off the page' creating a break in the stitching, a lovely touch that. The second is fascinating in its construction & I love the background stamping that you carried through to the inside. I love the simple understated shading of those birds making them really pop against the vellum & the mauves, never mind your use of violet's complimentaries yellow & green.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those lovebirds are beautiful! I like the non-traditional cake/couple for a wedding card! And that first card, with all the terrific inky goodness....it looks like it was so fun to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards! The embossing is so pretty on the first one! Great design on the 2nd one! :)

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing your lovely cards for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 28 'flowers'- hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cards are beautiful Asha. I love the first card and the way you embossed it, it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Two beautiful cards with those gorgeous Chocolate Baroque stamps (one of my favourite stamp companies!). I love the way you have coloured the second one and my goodness what detailed work cutting it out! Just gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such fabulous cards! Those are gorgeous stamps! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, Asha, I just love this technique. I had forgotten all about it and it is just stunning on your card! kReN

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautifully made and lovely colours.

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen N x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...