Saturday, 17 May 2014

52 {C}CT May Recipe Challenge

Hello again, my friends. It's week #3 in our 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown May challenges. That means it's time for a Theme / Recipe challenge. Our challenge hostess Ruth of Flower Sparkle
has picked a C.A.R.D. recipe for us. She's asking us to:

Colour something - an image or sentiment; AND
Add Rhinestone and / or Ribbon, AND
Deboss - use the flip side of your embossed card stock / paper.

We also have the lovely Judy V of Created Just 4 U! showcasing her stunning creations this month. Please stop by and take a look at her card.

Here's my offering for this week's challenge. I made a masculine card. Ok, these's a teeny bit of ribbon but not enough to make it girly. (I only did it because Ruth made me! :D) Besides, I've got THREE big, bold, butch (in sparkly gowns?!) men kings to balance the scale!

The image and sentiment are from Chocolate Baroque's
Following Yonder Star DL sheet. For the background I used the
de-bossed side of Darice Checkered EF. Cream ribbon and red bling
complete this week's C.A.R.D.  

Here's a close up of the 3 wise men. I coloured them with Promarkers
and added some bling to their outfits. (Eeeek! I'm running out of red ink!)

The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque's Warm Christmas Greetings
clear A5sheet.

The three kings are making a quick stop at these sites:

C.R.A.F.T. #259: Christmas
Shopping Our Stash #151: Sing It To Me - Christmas carol "We Three Kings"
Word Art Wednesday #132: AG Uplifting
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long #11: AG Christmas
CHNC Extra May: AG Christmas
Sister Act Card #57: AG Card Only


Now it's your turn to create a festive card based on this week's challenge: C.A.R.D. Recipe. In order to be considered for Top Honour and Honourable Mentions, your new card must follow the challenge sketch and you must link it to the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Challenge Blog by 6pm GMT / 1pm EST on Friday, 23th May. And here's the most important rule: Have Fun!

For ideas and inspiration, visit the rest of the 52 {C}CT crew:
Mynnette * Ruth * Jacqueline * Louise * Deborah * Patricia * Danielle * Gill * Fabiola

Rosie's Update: We've been advised by the surgeon that the location of the tumour makes surgery too risky. Our best option now would be chemo. In the meantime, her chest x-ray is giving our vet cause for concern. Oh yes! The news gets better and better. We have a consult with her oncologist on Monday and I'm trying to keep an open mind until then. Thank you so very much for your on-going prayers and well wishes. My little Rose-bud needs all the help she can get.

Have a lovely Saturday and I'll see ya tomorrow. (It's a busy weekend of postings!)

Beijinhos!


31 comments:

  1. Oh Asha...love the bright color of their clothes..simply design but adorable..how are you sweety..in Munich is rainy...and wanna say happy weekend Asha...hugs for u...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Asha and I really love the jewel colours you have used. Wishing Rosie well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful image Asha - lovely card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dramatic and magnificent. Thank you for dropping in to visit us at Word Art Wednesday today with this beautiful art. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card, such a lovely image of the 3 kings xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all Asha I am so sorry to hear this news about Rosie. I have been missing for a week so didn't know. She is in my prayers.

    Your card is gorgeous, I adore the image and your colouring is awesome.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful rich colours and love love the image. Oh Asha, sorry about the latest results for Rosie :-( Hugs coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for entering your lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for May - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. superbe Asha, magnifique image et superbe coloriage, elle est tellement élégante...biz

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous, Asha! The wise men are amazing--fabulous coloring! HUGS and enjoy the rest of your weekend! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Asha,your wise men look eally majestic the colouring is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card and image Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Christmas card, thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors you chose for this image, it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a wonderful card. I love the design and the fabulous colors on it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card and I have to get busy and start making some more! I love the 3 kings and wish I could find a stamp like that. Oh poor Rosie:( and you! and your family! Do the other doggies know that Rosie is sick? I pray that you have better news on Monday. I am praying and thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful! I love the effect of the debossing; it gives a whole new look to the embossing folders. Thanks for playing with CSAYL and CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! Your colouring is simply awesome!!! So sorry to hear that Rosie is not well, sending her feel better wishes from Ruby & Gordon (my yellow labs).
    Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "sing it to me" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so rich and elegant. Love the vibrant colours...just like they would have worn!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dynamite!! what beautiful rich coloring! You've made the robes pop with color! I also love the bling you added.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is beautiful Asha, fabulous colouring. I hope that you soon will get good news for Rosie. Hugs for you and Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow! These Kings are absolutely magnificent. Love the colours you've used, the stitching, the bling - all just fabulous.

    Sending positive thoughts your way - hope you have good news for Rosie soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous coloring, Asha! What a magnificent card. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are the manliest sparkly kings I've ever seen! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic card! Love your coloring of the wise men...and the sparkle is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CSAYL.
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. big gentle hugs & lots of healthy treats for Rosie :) And for you - although you go ahead and have a few unhealthy tasty treats ;)
    You've done a gorgeous job colouring - and sneaking in that bit of ribbon! Red always seems to be my first to run out too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Asha, what a wonderful card - I love the bold and graphic look and your colouring is fabulous! I agree the ribbon isn't too girly! I hear "Ruth made me do it" quite a lot from my crafty buddies LOL!

    Sending positive thoughts & hoping for good things for Rosie, {{{{hugs}}}} to you. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your description of the big, bold men in sparkly gowns cracked me up, Asha! :) The regal coloring of their robes really pops against the neutral embossed background. The stitching and the subtle hint of ribbon with the pretty bow are great finishing touches.

    Gentle {hugs} to Rosie and you, and best wishes that she'll be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Asha! I love your coloured images! The colours are fab! Hugs, Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great card - your description made me smile.

    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  31. And thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...