Thursday, 3 April 2014

Killer Curry!!!

Hello my friends. Just a quick swing-by to show you a get-well card I made late last night. The colouring is quite hurried but I had to have it done quickly to take on a hospital visit this evening.

My friend was dragged to the ER late last night by her husband for what she dismissed as a severe case of heart-burn after a particularly potent curry dinner. As it turned out she was having a heart attack and was admitted immediately. She spent the rest of the night hooked up to various machines, and very likely to be so for the rest of the week. It's serious, of course, I cannot help but laugh at the irony of the last thing she said to me yesterday afternoon: "We're having a killer curry for dinner tonight"! I bet she'll have plenty to say about that when I see her. LOL.

Here's the get-well card. I'm playing with Chocolate Baroque's new April release stamps ... so versatile!
I made my own background paper by using a couple of stamps from Chocolate Baroque's
Oriental Florals - A Thing Of Beauty. I used TH's Tattered Rose and Peeled Paint on cream CS.
The sentiment is from CB's Words of Comfort and Cheer stamped with VersaMagic Jumbo Java.
The star of this card is CB's brand new Springtime Edges. Gorgeous row of spring blooms!

Here's a close-up of the flowers. They are primulas and I know that is NOT their natural
colour. But hey, my house my rules! LOL. Besides, I wanted to give her a bunch of peppy
flowers ... so bright pink they shall be! I used Caran d'Ache Suprasoft pencils.

Here's the inside: I stamped the primulas with TH's Tattered Rose to make a border.

Sending my blooms to these challenges:

Divas By Design: AG - and they're having a Birthday Blog Hop too!


That's it from me for today. Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to see my friend. We've had news that she's doing really well and it was just a minor attack. There will be much laughter about the events that lead to her internment, for sure.  I'm glad she listened to her husband and allowed him to cart her off to the hospital where she got the attention she needed and tragedy was averted. There's a lesson in there for all of us.

I doubt if I would have gone to the doctor so willingly. Perhaps I should listen to my husband more often... nah! What a boring marriage that would be!

Beijinhos!


28 comments:

  1. so very pretty Asha - I love these new border stamps - beautiful. Hope your friend is okay! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so funny now but the card is a real beauty with a wonderful sentiment inside and out. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Asha, I love it! I do hope you friend recovers
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your friend Asha. I hope she will recover quickly. Your card is beautiful your friend will love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful the card and your care in wanting to create such beauty for her. I am certain it will lift her spirits. I am also very glad that she listened to her husband. Most of the time we don't and that's OK:) I am glad she is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Asha! I hope this finds you well. I'm always so happy when you are able to play along with us. Thanks for sharing, and have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so pretty thank you for joining challenge at a song in your heart. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful!! I love the background paper you created!! and your sentiment is perfect!!

    Sending hugs for you and your friend!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yike Asha hope your friend is doing well, best get rid of the "killer curry":) I love your beautiful card, the background dp you created is so pretty and looks wonderful with the pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet curry won't be on the menu for a while!! See, men do have their uses!! I am sure she loved her card and that lovely sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card Asha - but not a super reason for making it. Hope your friend continues to make good progress. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card Asha, sorry your friend is sick :(
    thank you for playing along with us over on the Divas by design challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cor Asha, How fortunate was your friend to get to the hospital and be cared for, most deffo a few giggles you can have when she is home and well. Your card is stunning, really pretty. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank goodness her husband took her to the ER!
    Bet she had a smile when she opened this pretty card. Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, dear! Sorry to hear about your friend and hope she recovers well. And, the lovely card you created should help the cause immensely. I love the background paper you created too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, I will keep your friend in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to hear that your friend is OK. LOL moment on the "killer curry" though. Fabulous card, love your background and fabulous colours. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so gorgeous sweetie. I do hope your friend makes a speedy recovery. We never know what is around the corner do we?

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty, I love flowers any kind, and this is so nice. I love how you shared the inside of the card too. A very nice get better or feel better card. Awesome job!
    Thanks for entering our Color a Stamped Image at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    Leanne DT@4CC

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sure doesn't look like a last minute kind of card, it's beautiful, and you even had time to make your own DP as background! I'm sure your friend loved it, hope she gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's a beautiful card and I'm sure very much appreciated. I'm glad to hear that your friend is okay - I do hope makes a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the card you have done for your friend!!! What a great image. And what a good thing that your friend did listen to her hubby... maybe I should also listen to my hubby...

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at A Song in your He{art}. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  23. From what I've read it's very common for women to feel heart attack symptoms differently & less 'severely', and that's why it's often so much more serious when women do have them! I too am glad she listened to her husband (but like you, I don't necessarily think I'll take it up as a hobby myself!) As for the killer curry...oh, that will be funny for a long time, I think, since she's going to be ok!
    Gorgeous card - now you've got to make one with a curry on it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. love how you have used your image very creative, thanks for sharing over on divas by designs x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a beautiful design. Love the colors and that amazing coloring of the image. I also love the stitching inside and out. We are so blessed that you joined us at our Word Art Wednesday Challenge this week. Hope you join us again shortly in our new Challenge. Leaving you with God's Word in Psalm 29:11, "The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace."

    Hugs always,

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Asha gorgeous card and love the image -glad to hear your friend is okay -she will never live the killer curry down lol -thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful creation ..Thankyou for joining us at the crafty girls challenge blog..good luck ..Anita DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...