Monday, 28 April 2014

Chocolate Baroque May Release 1

Hello everyone! Have you seen the stunning stamps from the fabulous new release? Don't let the art nouveau look intimidate you. You don't need to understand the design of the period to work these images. I speak from personal experience!

Today I have 2 samples to show you, both made using the new A5 sets called Fleurs Nouveau.
You can see the original post on the Chocolate Baroque DT blog. Here, I will give you details of the inks, paints and techniques used to create these cards.

*********

My first card is simple with neutral base colours to showcase the lovely birds from the Fleurs Nouveau set.

I started by stamping a background design using one of the accent stamps from this set onto to kraft CS with Memento Desert Sand. The sentiment is from Loving Sentiments, stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle and I finished the card with a few simple embellishments: tiny pearls and sheer ribbon. The clean straight lines and symmetry of the layout give the illusion of Art Deco ... or not! It doesn't really matter, does, it?! LOL.


Here's a closer look at those magnificent birds, coloured with Graph It and Promarkers. I also slapped on some Crystal Stickles on the birds to really make them pop.

On the inside, I stamped a border with the smaller accent stamps from this set, with another sentiment from Loving Sentiments, stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle.


Challenges for this card:

*********

My second card features one of the solid stamps from Fleurs Nouveau and the design cannot be dated to any era. I started off by blending a few Distress inks, getting lighter toward the middle of the card. I'm using TH's Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves, Festive Berries and Spun Sugar.

To frame the focal image, I stamped little grasses from the Wild Meadow set using TH Dusty Concord. A greeting from Birthday Words, few random placed tiny bling and it's done. So simple and easily adaptable to any occasion.


For textural interest, I heat embossed the focal image in black. The little butterfly is from the Wild Meadow set and I added some white dots with a gel pen.


More little grasses from the Wild Meadow set, stamped with TH's Dusty Concord.


Challenges for this card:


I've had a lot of fun playing with these stamps. If you'd like to see more projects featuring these gorgeous stamps, make sure you swing by the Design Team Blog regularly. The rest of the team will be posting new ideas daily.

Thank you for stopping by today.

Beijinhos!


24 comments:

  1. These are both incredible! I love those birds - the stickles really really make them pop! And the purple beauty of the second...I want to go get inky RIGHTNOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible! yes incredible!! Asha how do you find the time to be so creative in your busy schedule. I am in awe!

    Have a blessed day dear friend.

    Patti

    p.s. I e-mailed you a while back. I hope you got it ok my e-mail often ends up in people's SPAM folder LOL.
    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning cards Asha - and that sentiment on the first is fabulous - gorgeous work xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work, as always Asha! Thanks so much for sharing in our challenge. You are such a delight, and I thank you for joining us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are gorgeous Asha. The peacocks are fab and the "fleurs" and grasses look wonderful against the purple hues...great job lady!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both fantastic cards Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both designs are gorgeous! Great sewing :) Take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work! I love the embossed flowers! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both creations are so gorgeous sweetie. Love the birds they just pop. Beautiful rich colours.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card Asha and I so love the sentiment on the first card x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your beautiful cards dear Asha, I love the colours and I really love the image!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful coloring and composition! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘THINGS WITH WINGS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these are gorgeous Asha - the top would be ideal for a male and the lower for a female - love the colours you have used very much! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW - two beautiful cards - love the art deco look to these! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful and I would love these stamps. Love Art Nouveau and your paired it with Art Deco well it came after Art Nouveau and why not! Love the colouring and overall design. The second one is just so stunning with the colours you used as the background and a splash of bling-so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards! I really like how you added the stitching to the second card and your inked background is terrific. Thanks for sharing your creation at Savvy Handmade Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the sense of movement you created in the whole design of your second card: the grasses around the edge with the butterfly hovering around the solid floral lamp image & the magical way in which the little white dots are accented by the sparkly gems - or perhaps vice versa.
    The colours in the first are very unusual but work beautifully together. I particularly like the way that sheer ribbon adds ethereal sparkliness & is centred just below the centre of the floral image above it.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two gorgeous cards. I love the art deco look.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such magnificent birds, Asha, but I admit my heart is taken by the purples and pinks in your second card. Love them both and the grasses from the Meadow set are marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cards are very elegant and striking. The subtle background of the first one allows the lovely birds to really stand out. I like how you have fussy cut the tails. The other card is equally beautiful. Thanks for joining our Up in the Air/Things That Can Fly Challenges at Craft your Passion this week. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...both creations are just lovely and fit into our challenge this week. Great job. Love the first image for it's rich colours and the second for the pop of black over the lovely backgroun. Well done.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your passion - Up in the Air Challenge. Good luck.

    Lynn, CYP DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing your lovely cards for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 85: use embossing powder, Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely stylish card!! Beautiful Stamps.. and Great stamping on the inside of the card too. Perfect sewing and I love the Sentiment!!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol :o)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...