Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Chocolate Baroque April Release - 2

Good morning, folks! I'm back with another look at Chocolate Baroque's new April release stamps: Patchwork LandscapeSpringtime Edges and Elegant Edges. The images are very versatile and will suit any occasion and any technique.

Today, I want to show you 2 cards I made using some of the stamps from this release. You can see the original post on the Chocolate Baroque DT blog. Here, I will give you details of the inks, paints and techniques used to create these cards.

*********

The first is an exotic birthday card featuring a floral stamp the Springtime Edges set. I used Memento Inks to colour this card.


First, I masked the moon and did a colour wash on heavy weight watercolour paper, building layers of colours on the night sky and dessert. For the night sky I used Memento Paris Dusk, Nautical Blue, Bahama Blue and Summer Sky. For the dessert sand I used Memento Peanut Brittle, Sahara Sand and Toffee Crunch.


Next I stamped the Moghul Palace from the Indian Textiles set in VersaFine Onyx Black, fussy cut and adhered it on the horizon. Finally, a row of exotic flowers from the Springtime Edges set, stamped with VersaFine Smokey Grey and coloured with Memento Morocco, Tangelo and Love Letter.  Then, I fussy cut and adhered it to the foreground.


And since this is a birthday card, on the inside is a sentiment from Birthday Words, stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue. I also added a row of exotic flowers, this time stamped with Memento Toffee Crunch.


Challenges for this card:
*********

For my second card, we're moving from night to dawn. I'm featuring a tree from the Patchwork Landscape set. This project is about Hope and the promise of a brighter tomorrow. My colouring mediums of choice for this project are Tim Holtz Distress Inks and watercolour pencils.

First, I stamped the tree from Patchwork Landscape, with VersaFine Onyx Black. Then I worked on the background by blending various coordinating Tim Holtz Distress Inks for the sky and grass. For the sky I used: Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Festive Berries and Spun Sugar. For the grass I used: Forest Moss, Mowed Lawn and Bundled Sage.

The greeting is from the Patchwork Landscape set, stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue.

Here's a closer look. I masked out the moon before blending, of course! And then applied some Caran d'Ache Luminance 6901 pencils on the patchwork treetops. Whimsical and so much fun to colour!


I could not resist stamping more of those little floral bushes on the inside:


Challenges for this card:

Scrapping Everyday April Challenge #1 Theme: Hope - Jeremiah 29:11
Craft Your Passion #208: No Designer Papers
Word Art Wednesday #126: AG with Uplifting Sentiment
Get Inky: Spring / Easter - spring

********

I've had a lot of fun playing with colours for these cards. If you'd like to see more projects featuring these gorgeous stamps, make sure you swing by the Design Team Blog regularly. The rest of the team will be posting new ideas daily, so prepare to be wow-ed!

Thank you for stopping by today.

Beijinhos!

36 comments:

  1. The light behind the Moghul Palace is a lovely feature & so so effective & I love the sense of perspective you created with the flowers in the foreground. That's some colouring with the Memento inks & so effective with the brilliant orange & green against the black & the blues.
    In the second it's your use of the deep blue around the edge & for stamping the sentiment, both of which bring out the deep dark blue tones of that sky. The moon really glows with the softened inking surrounding it.
    I love seeing the insides of cards too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! Just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing them with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these creations are gob-smacking gorgeous sweetie. You are so talented, I am lost for words. AWESOME!!!!
    Big Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take my breath away! I wish I had half the talent you have in your big toe... oh, my bad .... I mean your baby finger!! : )

    BIG (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are beauties. Ingredients:
    6 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
    1 large leek, white and light green parts only, sliced
    2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
    1 (1-pound) bunch asparagus, woody stems snapped off and discarded, spears cut into 1-inch pieces
    2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives

    You must be signed in to use shopping lists. Sign in or create account
    Method:
    Heat 1/2 cup broth in a large pot over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, add leek and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 6 minutes. Add remaining broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Stir in asparagus and broccoli and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove pot from heat and set aside to let cool slightly.

    Carefully transfer soup to a blender and purée in batches until smooth. Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with chives and serve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! These are quite beautiful. Especially the trees! kReN

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the cards the tree image is lovely thanks for sharing with SEM
    rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are stunning, Asha! They are both so evocative of those times of day - I must say I'm especially drawn to that amazing night scene. I love the sentiments on them both as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Gorgeous cards and Fantastic coloring Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asha both of these are beautiful. Fantastic colouring and your moon is fab !

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful both cards. Love your work. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges. hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two stunning cards and so versatile in their appeal. I am in awe how you have fussy cut around all the buildings on the first card. Love the colour combination on the second card. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards, Asha! Wonderful coloring and scene work on both! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning cards Asha!!! soooooooooo gorgeous way to go girl!!! huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both really beautiful Asha, I love them!!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The coloring is just exquisite and the details are amazing. I love both your cards. Thanks for joining us over at Blue Moon Crafting Station Get Inky! Challenge.

    ~ Sue B, DT Member ~
    http://getinkychallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, both cards are great. Love how you put together the blue and the orange on the first card/ it's amazing and the blues and greens on the second card. Just brilliant! We are so blessed that you joined us at our Word Art Wednesday Challenge this week. Hope you join us again shortly in our new Challenge. Leaving you with God's Word in Psalm 29:11, "The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace."

    Hugs always,

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Asha
    Fabulous cards..., stunning images.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful cards. Your work is always so lovely and I like how you connect the inside to those card fronts too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful combination of stamps, and I really like how you did the night sky on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woooww I really love the first card I remember Mosque in my Country Indonesia in each area we have mosque and it is much not like in Germany we have maybe only one and it has not the shape like this :) I love love your first card dear Asha...I wish I get it for my bday card hihi LOL (I was born at 10th of April) hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both your cards are just stunning. I like the watercolor for the night sky on the first card. :D Thank you for sharing and joining us at OSAAT.
    Deborah OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards. Thank you for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A beautiful, stunning card Asha, I love the Patchwork tree, wonderful colours and a wonderful inked background!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW - Asha, these cards are beautiful. I love them both so much, the stamps are gorgeous and how you have used them. Fabulous colours and papers! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Asha. Both the cards are stunning. The moon looks fabulous on the first card and love the distressed background on the second. Colors are very attractive on both the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your cards are gorgeous.
    Thank you for sharing them with us at SEM

    ReplyDelete
  28. What beautiful work.The perspective created in the first card is amazing and just love the depth of colour in the second looks fabulous.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very pretty card. Love your flowers in or "Flower" challenge. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow Asha, this is just stunning. I just love the scene and colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh WOW! What a stunning pair of cards!! So much work and detail has gone into them :) Thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT this week and good luck! Hugs NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning first card, Asha! Incredible masking and background. As for the second card -- WOW! Fabulous job coloring the patchwork tree. I may have to look around for that stamp set. I'm totally hooked on the tree. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stunning creations, love the choice of color!! Thank you for play with us at Artistic Inspiration this week, hope to see you again soon, Hugs Kate DT

    ReplyDelete
  34. amazing coloring work! Thanks for sharing it with us at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for entering our Scrapping Everyday Miracles "Faith, Hope, Love" challenge...your card is beautiful. Love the watercolor background and that tree is gorgeous. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...