Saturday, 19 April 2014

52 {C}CT April Theme Challenge

Hello again, my friends, and welcome to another 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge. It's the third one this month and that means it's time for a Theme challenge. Our challenge hostess Deborah of Deborah's Gems has picked a great one for you ... a familiar and timeless carol: Twelve Days Of Christmas.

We also have the lovely Pat Couder showcasing her stunning creations this month. Please stop by and take a look at her creation. Pat always has something amazing to offer.

You can pick any day or two or all from the Twelve Days for your festive creation. My card is all about the First Day of Christmas: A Partridge In A Pear Tree.

Absolutely no patterned papers or patterns of any kind on this card.
Keeping it simple with just some stitching to frame the focal image from
Chocolate Baroque's Christmas Song set. What better way to 
soak up 
the elegance of that image!

I coloured the pears and the partridge with Caran d'Ache Suprasoft
pencils. To finish, some red and green bling. 

On the inside I stamped a sentiment from the Christmas Song set.

You'll be seeing the Partridge at these challenges:

CHNC Extra: April AG Christmas
Christmas Card Challenge #20: Colour - Red, Kraft, White
The Glory Of Christmas #31: Music - Christmas Carol
Sparkles Christmas Challenge #39: Inspired By A Carol / Song - 12 Days Of Christmas
Christmas Fun Challenge: For A Man / AG
Addicted To Stamps & More #91: AG

Now it's your turn to create a festive card based on this week's challenge: 12 Days of Christmas. In order to be considered for Top Honour and Honourable Mentions, your new card must follow the challenge theme and you must link it to the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Challenge Blog by 6pm GMT / 1pm EST on Friday, 25 April. And here's the most important rule: Have Fun!

For ideas and inspiration, visit the rest of the 52 {C}CT crew:
Mynnette * Ruth * Jacqueline * Louise * Deborah * Patricia * Danielle * Gill * Fabiola

Thanks for stopping by today, my friends and have a Happy Easter.

Porque Cristo ressuscitou, celebramos um Deus vivo que vive para todo o sempre. Uma Santa Páscoa para todos.

Beijinhos.

25 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of this one Asha and what a great stamp. I did have a little browse over at chocolate Baroque the other day but couldn't make a decision as there were so many beauties!! Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card Asha - love the traditional image! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Asha - thanks for sharing for the Glory of Christmas music challenge and also my CHNC challenge extra for April - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha - I absolutely LOVE your Partridge in a Pear Tree. The stamp is wonderful with such pretty stitched details. Thanks also for playing along with ASM this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Asha. A really gorgeous stamp brought alive by your fair hand.

    Enjoy the rest of the Easter Weekend.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was writing here and the power went out. It just came back on-thankfully! I love your stamp!! The colours are great and the set up and I am always amazed at the stitching:) I missed the other 2 challenges and am working on them and hope to have them done even though it is passed. I have to see what I have for this challenge but from what I see, so many have done beautiful work. Thank you too for looking at my A to Z challenge with my old films stars-love your comments:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that this is an elegant stamp! I love how you kept the focus on that terrific image.

    PS - did you see who the TOP ADDICT at ATS&M is this week??? You should go check it out - wink wink.

    Hugs and Happy Easter. D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply lovely! Every detail is amazing!

    Happy Easter my dear friend. I pray Jesus will fill your heart and your home with His love today!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous again Asha , have a wonderful Easter weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant, love the stitched frame. Hope you are enjoyng the Easter weekend

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. quelle élégante carte Asha, superbe création, biz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card - gorgeous gorgeous image. Beautiful. Happy Easter, Asha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH!! Stunning! I love the bits of glitz you added - just the right amount to let that detailed image be the star. GORGEOUS!! And I love the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Easter Asha..I really love the main Image so elegant and how you stitched your card ooh I wish I can stitching ..I dont even have sewing machine at home..my mom was in Jakarta she had but now not anymore....great card as always...see you soon on my blog...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is GORGEOUS Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful!! Your stitching and the gems are fabulous and are really all this gorgeous image needs for embellishment. Great job. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've become the queen of no DPs! This is beautiful and I really like the decorative stitched borders!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness Asha, this is so gorgeous - you have really made that stunning image shine - fabulous job!
    Have a great rest of the week! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, lovely image, thanks for sharing at Sparkles Christmas challenge.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Asha
    Very elegant, love the stitched frame.
    Simply lovely! Every detail is amazing!
    greetings lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Asha! this is stunning! Such a great Christmas image, and a fab card. Hugs, Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a wonderful christmas card, thank you for enjoying us as the glory of christmas!!!! love, patty

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful Christmas card! I just love your partridge in the pear tree!
    Sorry to reply so late Asha, but the circumstances have not been very good lately! Despite the delay, I want to say thank you for your always so nice comments ... which I enormously appreciate.
    I sincerely hope you do not blame me for the delay and hope to see you soon ...
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful - a really elegant card.

    Thanks for joining us at The Glory of Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good Morning .....Wow Your card is brilliant and great for our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Buddies Inspired by a Carol/Song thank you for joining in and good luck hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...