Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Tuesday Throwdown #185: Tent Topper Card

Well here we are, my friends, for another Tuesday Throwdown challenge. I hope you enjoyed last week's Anything Goes challenge. And as you may have already guessed, we're starting a new one today: Tent Topper Card. It's about time we did something other than the usual squares / rectangles. Here's your chance to flex those creative muscles.

Armed with some delish digis from Robyn's Fetish, the DT has prepared some interesting projects to inspire you. Here's my offering... and I'm sending it to .... wait for it .... my awesome mama! ( I used to say that when I was little to get her to bake me cookies. Wonder if she'll fall for it now?! )

The papers are from Papermania'a Capsule collection in Sunshine & Verde
and lined up so the designs run in continuous vertical lines. I stamped the
sentiment directly onto the patterned paper using VersaFine Black Onyx.

The focal image is sitting on some foam tape with some green gingham
running below it. Extra embellies: yellow bling. 

Here's a close-up of that lovely Sunflower 2. I coloured it with Graph It and
Promarkers and layered it up on SB Scalloped Circles die-cuts, using the same
colours as in the sunflower. 

And on the inside, a little message for my Mama.

Some challenges for this card:

Fan-Tastic Tuesday #25: AG
Through The Purple Haze #31: Use A Digi - sunflower
Paper Nest Dolls Norway #5: Ribbon / Lace - ribbon
STAMPlorations Biweekly #7: Sketch
Stamp & Create March: Ready For Spring
Make It Monday #181: AG
Eureka Stamps #79: AG
Crafting From The Heart #8: AG or Dies / Punches
Lexi's Creations #111: Mother's Day


Now it's your turn, my friends. Create a card based on this week's theme of "Tent Topper". For ideas and inspiration, swing by and take a peek at the of the DT member. Then, link up your project to the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge blog by 3pm PST / 11pm  GMT on Monday, March 10th. And don't forget to have fun!

Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to seeing you in blogland!

Beijinhos!


Late edit: 
To my loyal friends and visitors, 
I haven't been around much since the weekend. A very dear aunt passed away on Sunday and we are all a little distracted at the moment. I will be stopping to visit all of you... in due course. It is not a chore but a welcome comfort to drop in on you... and I do take great joy in seeing your beautiful work and in reading your funny little stories. I don't just look at your pretty pictures, you know! :-) Thank you so much for understanding.

42 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the fab image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I love the inside and stitching detail

    Thanks for joining TTPH challenge this week

    Sara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving this bright fresh card Asha.....sorry to hear your sad news and my thought are with you all.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Asha, love the layout. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a happy and bright design..... thank you for joining in with us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, we would love the pleasure of your company in next weeks challenge .....,.
    Hugs
    Suzy B ~Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My prayers are with you and your family. I love your card. The coloring is just beautiful and I love the way the design on the papers is matched perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Asha! So fresh and sunshine-y! I am very sorry for the loss of your aunt. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about your aunt, Asha. I'm sure it's hard and normalcy if often helpful.
    Your card is great. Love the stitching and especially love the scalloped circles is various colors to match the flower. Great topper.
    Hugs
    Debi Team B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asha, I'm so sorry about your aunt. Sending hugs your way!

    Love that big bold sunflower!! Your card is stunning and that stitching is just perfect. So very pretty. I bet you get a ton of cookies for this one!
    Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card, Asha! I love the embellished version of our sketch and that image is stunning -your coloring really brings the flower to life. If I'd be your mum, I'd bake the cookies! ;) Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations! I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt. All my best thoughts and wishes for you, blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Asha
    Fabulous sunflowers... Love the tent card
    Thanks for joining us this week at FT...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, so bright & cheery. I'm so sorry to hear your Aunt passed. Thanks for joining us at
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges Hope to see you again next week
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card hun love it fabulous work - thank you so much for playing along at CFTH x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi hun just dropping by to say that I think that this is stunning love it - hugs Judith Tuesday Thowdown DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such sunny uplifting creation Asha.
    My dear sweet friend, I am very sad to hear your such sad news, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Asha that is such a wonderful flower I love that touch of gingham ribbon. Asha I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt my thoughts and prayers are with you
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!! You are so fortunate to still have one another!

    I bet she will like this so much she'll make you a batch of cookies! : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Asha. I'm sorry to hear about your loss...my prayers are with you and your family. On a happy note, your card made me smile BIG! Awesome coloring you did on the flower!

    ~Shery

    ReplyDelete
  19. Asha so sorry to hear about your dear Auntie! Praying you will find comfort in your sweet memories :) Your card is sooo very BEAUtiful I love the way you layerd and popped up sunflower and mats. Im sure it will still work on your mama ;) hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is adorable. Love that image and it is perfect for a tent card. Saw your beautiful creation at MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi hun me again with another DT hat on fabulous card and ty for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday - very good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful - love that you lined up those stripes! Fab flower and love the layers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how you backed this fab flower (gorgeous coloring btw) and the dp's are great too. Awesome card for your mom Asha! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this card. Beautiful flower and sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Asha so sorry to hear of your loss thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is brilliant, Asha! You picked the perfect spot for the circle panel with sunflower! Love the effect of it going over the edge of the card base. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just one word Asha, gorgeous. I love the sunflower image and the different circles. Pretty paper. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is great, I love the sunflower. Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Goes." Good Luck.

    Karal DT for Eureka Stamps
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card and beautiful image Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous coloring and layering! We both had sunflowers and spring on our minds this week! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card. I love the sunflower and the great design.
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sorry to hear of your loss...Do not worry about popping back...catch me another time and instead, treasure your time with family.

    Sweet card and perhaps your magic will still work and she may bake for you after all!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card! The layering and colors are awesome, and the big sunflower is stunning.Love the bling too. Thank you for joining us at TTPH this week, good luck :)

    Lisbeth @ Lisbeths hobbyer
    Through The Purple Haze DT

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a bright and cheerful card. Thanks for joining us over at TTPH..

    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  35. Huge congrats Asha!!! Just been over to CB - am so very happy for you and a tad jealous lol! It's great to see that other think your work is beautiful and special, just like you sweetie.
    You know where you can post any stamps you don't like don't you huni? xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful image and I love the striped and stitched background. Thank you for joining the first weekly Crafting From The Heart challenge, hope to see you again soon!

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is lovely card love the colours you hVe used.
    Thanks for joining us at lexi's creations today

    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely coloring job on the sunflower! All of the colors are GORGEOUS! Thanks for joining us at TTPH!

    ~Ashley
    TTPH DT

    ReplyDelete
  39. I think this is going to get your Mama to do just whatever it is you might ask! It's beautiful, and I love the sunshine feel of the whole motif. Especially liked the extra detail with the staggered scallops behind this wonderful sunflower. Again, so sorry for your loss. Take time to heal as you need. Blogland will be waiting when you are ready! Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love those sunny colours and how you've echoed the sunflower with the scalloped layers. Thanks so much for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  41. How did I miss commenting on this one? I love the sunflower and all your bright colors. Fab card for a tent topper. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Stamp and Create monthly Challenge. Join us again soon.
    Hugs,
    Mae

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...