Thursday, 20 March 2014

Have A HAPPY Day

Hello, my friends! Did you know that today, March 20th, is the International Day of Happiness? According to the UN "the pursuit of happiness is a fundamental human goal". Having good friends in your life is certainly one way to put yourself on the road to happiness.

Today's card is about friendship. Actually, I made it yesterday with one person in mind. WHO?! The clue is in the card! I'll be sending it to her and I hope, when she receives it, she will put it up on her blog and link it to this post. When she's done that, I'll reveal her name and link this post to her blog. And so the circle of friendship is complete. Yes... I am a convoluted person!

Late Edit: 
The Circle Of Friendship Card went to my sweet friend:
She is an awesome friend and a super talented crafter. You can see her post here.

Anywho, we'll see how this goes ... and if it works, I'll do one every month! Wouldn't that be fun. Let's get on with the card:

No patterned papers. I simply couldn't find one that I liked.
(I think I may have to BUY some more!)
All images and sentiments are form Clearly Besotted. The leafy
branch and flowers are from Fabulous Fuchsias; VersaMagic
Tea Leaves for vine and Memento Morocco for the flowers.   

Here's a close-up. Plenty of foam action for height / depth! (That's just me saying I got
carried away.) The bicycle and details are from Good Times; VersaFineMajestic Blue
for the bicycle, Memento Danube Blue for the basket, Memento Morocco for the butterflies 
and Memento London Fog for "smile".    

And on the inside, a simple message from Good Times stamped with
VersaMagic Tea Leaves. For the butterflies I used Memento London Fog. 


Some challenges:

Tuesday Morning Sketches #241: Sketch
Clearly Besotted Challenge #9: In Flight - tiny butterflies
Colour Q #233: Colours
Butterfly Challenge: Butterfly + Stitching




Sorry, can't linger. Have to rush off ... a gazillion things still left undone. But I am determined to make today a very happy day. I wish all of you sunshine, butterflies and pretty flowers all day long ... nay! Make that all YEAR long. Thanks for stopping by.

Beijinhos!

34 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Asha. have a Happy Day..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful & great idea. Ive just got the bike stamps & die. Have a happy day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha
    Fabulous card... Love the bike... Mine is uninked at the mom....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color combo and how you combine with the sketch challenge the frame looks lovely with that bicycle...great card dear Asha as always hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea of the friendship circle almost as much as I love this card...SO cute! Your friend will LOVE it too! So glad you played with our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is wonderful Asha - love this to bits xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallo Asha, I just love love this card. Beautiful colours and I like the way the blue bicycle is standing out. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love the leafy branch! Wonderful colors! I'm sure your friend will love it! Thanks so much for using our sketch for your lovely card! Please come back and join us again at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous Asha, I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, Asha! Love the clean style and beautiful stamps! Terrific design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome friend card Asha! I love the bicycle and the great dimension with the "foam action"! Bet your friend will be delighted with her fab friend card :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card for your friend!! I love the fun images and how you framed the bike!!
    Of course you should buy more DP! I think it will help you in your pursuit of happiness!! :)
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Asha - who needs patterned paper when stamps can be so pretty...love how the flowers overhang the picture. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Asha and I'm sure the recipient will be delighted. As for buying more papers, here's a little known fact (?!) - I have heard that it's a preventative measure for the common cold, that's why I never get one...so buy away!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this so much Asha, its bright and fun but so welll thought out and put together. I love haw you always finish off the inside. I'm afraid to say I rarely do it as I'm far too lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely perfect. I love how the branch is fussy cut on top. That adds so much and it's so pretty. Actually, I love everything about this card. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing!! brilliant idea : ) I love it!! Your friendship circle idea is so sweet!! I know your friend will LOVE it!! and the best part is we ALL get to enjoy it!!

    You didn't use too much foam! : ) I love every detail!!

    Have a Happy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous and the images just jump of the page. I think it would be spoilt with pattered paper sweetie.
    Have a super weekend.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Delightful card. Love the 'happiness' that is pouring from this card...with the bright leaves, bike and the window effect. Your stitching is so pretty. Your friend will be so pleased to have this pretty card and it's wonderful that you do these things. You're a special person! TFS & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Asha I am loving the Clearly Besotted on your card, need to place that order. Gorgeous scene, I am so ready for spring. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the colourQ, good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a lovely card. Great colour combo, very fresh looking x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is absolutely ADORABLE Asha!! LOVE that bike image and the fresh clean design too! :) Happy weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card - fabulous colours and love the bicycle and butterflies! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Asha, Thanks for your kind post on my blog. Much appreciated. As you have stitching and butterflies on this gorgeous card you can enter it at my Butterfly challenge blog where I'm asking for stitching real or faux. Would love to see you there. Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  25. A fab. card Asha ,have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a pretty card, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So pleased you fluttered by with your lovely creation. hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  28. This layout is great, love how you've framed the bicycle image! It's so beautiful with the butterflies flying out of the basket, pretty spring themed card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the idea behind this fabulous card Asha. Very clever! The bicycle looks amazing and your stitching is gorgeous, as always. :) Have a very HAPPY weekend {and year}!!! Hugs from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a terrific idea, Asha!! Your card is such a spring delight, bound to be treasured by the lucky recipient!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  31. It was me!

    I am so blessed and honored dear Asha!! When my hubby brought in the mail today I was astounded. I enthusiastically opened (the already open) envelope and my jaw actually dropped! I remembered the card and the friendship circle and just writing this makes me begin to cry all over again!!

    You will never know how blessed this makes me fee. It was specially timed by Jesus to life me up on an otherwise difficult day!

    I will be posting ASAP!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  32. Please let me know if you get my e-mail. I'm not sure my e-mails are always getting through to you : )

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really love the different layers and bright colours, this card is perfect for the start of spring :) Thank you very much for entering the Clearly Besotted Challenge x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...