Sunday, 30 March 2014

Chocolate Baroque April Release - 1

Hello everyone. Have you seen Chocolate Baroque's new April release stamps: Patchwork Landscape, Springtime Edges and Elegant Edges? The images are whimsical, stylish and very versatile. Today, I want to show you 2 cards I made using some of the stamps from this release. You can see the original post on the Chocolate Baroque DT blog. Here, I will give you details of the inks, paints and techniques used to create the cards.

*********

Inspired by the stunning Serengeti sky at sunrise, I'm using a tree from Patchwork Landscape to create the focal image on my first card. The sentiment on the side is from the Loving Sentiments set, stamped with Memento Potters ClayFor an extra special touch, a little bow in sheer peach ribbon.


Here's how I created the image:
First, I did a colour wash on a piece of heavyweight cold-press watercolour paper using  Tim Holtz Distress Inks. For the sky, I blended Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed with a touch of Caran d'Ache Suprasoft White. For the grassy plain I used Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage and Crushed Olive. When completely dry, I stamped the scene using VersaFine Black Onyx and coloured the tree trunk and other bits with some Vintage Photo. To finish, I did some paper piecing with scraps of Basic Grey's Piccadilly and added some bling in the middle of the flowers.


I finished the inside with an image from Patchwork Landscape, stamped with Bundled Sage and "With Love" from  Loving Sentiments, stamped with Memento Potters Clay.


Challenges for this card:
The Paper Players #189: Tic Tac Toe - Paper Piecing, Patterned Paper, Ribbon

*********

My second project  features a quaint little cottage, also from the Patchwork Landscape set. I stamped my own background paper using one of the stamps from this set and VersaColor Turquoise.  The sentiment is from Birthday Words, stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue.


Unlike my first project, there are no crazy colour combos here. For a soft and breezy feel I'm using a very light hand with Tim Holtz Distress Inks:  Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky and Tumbled Glass for the sky and Scattered Straw, Antique Linen, Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint for the grassy foreground. The cottage and bushes got a touch of Graph It alcohol markers.


I finished the inside with an image from Patchwork Landscape, stamped with VersaColor Turquoise and a greeting from Birthday Words, stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue.

*********

That's all for my first post for Chocolate Baroque. If you'd like to see more projects featuring these gorgeous stamps, make sure you swing by the Design Team Blog regularly. New and fresh ideas will be posted almost daily and you don't want to miss out.  Thank you for stopping by and I'll see y'all soon. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Beijinhos!




24 comments:

  1. Two totally different awesome looks Asha!! I love the fun magical look of the first one you created, the pretty colors and image! A place I would want to run to just to see what adventure awaited me ;) The second is a beautiful peaceful look, where I would like to go after a days work!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First card I love the colors of the tree it is adorable looks dear Asha and the second one I love the green all green on the main Images looks a calm down place and I want to be there by looking at your card....totally different one to others but both are adorable...see you on my Blog dear Asha...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first is very striking but I love the way you softened the whole by using Potter's Clay for stamping the sentiment & the peach coloured ribbon, the latter also adding that touch of soft texture. The Serengeti background works beautifully. The second one is such a contrast but I'm struck by the soft Distress Inks scene contrasting with the lovely bright bushes - isn't it interesting how varying the application of different mediums can make such a difference to the impact of a card?
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two really awesome creations Ashe. Both very different from one another but both equally gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. just gorgeous Asha, love, love the first card-awesome sunrise colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. John David's horse used to get loose, walk up the street and eat Mommy's hollyhocks. This wonderful picture with the cozy home and beautiful flowers is heartwarming. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowser! These are absolutely stunning Asha. Love the colours you have used, so bright and beautiful on the first and so soft and gentle on the second - love them! I made sure I left a comment on CB blog too Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! The first card is stunning Asha. Your colors are so vibrant. The second card is also beautiful..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - fabulous cards, Asha! Love the colours in the first one, so vibrant and fabulous effect. Then the cottage scene is beautiful too! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are not simply cards they are A-2 sized masterpieces!! The images are beautiful but Asha, your coloring is outstanding!!

    Hope you got my e-mail earlier today I wanna talk zippers : )

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really , really love your cards, I love the special colour effect on your tree and flowers, great ART!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning sweetie, wow thes are stunning, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy wow, Asha, these are both sensational!! I so love the sentiment on that first beautiful card and your image is perfect for it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are awesome. I especially love the scene you colored as you did it so wonderfully. BTW, I looked at the picture of your pet Xiara and looked almost the same as my cat, Barney! Thank you for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Would love to see you join us again in our next Challenge. Leaving you with a blessing from God's Word in Joshua 1:9- "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Hugs always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both so different, and both so gorgeous!! I love the insides too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha a pair of stunning cars xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oops cards ( fat fingers on the iPad lol )

    ReplyDelete
  18. These cards are just beautiful and stunning. I love the both the scenes they are so calming. Your distressing is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your first card looks awesome, I really like how you played with inks and paper piecing to make this colorful card. Love it! Your second card has a beautiful and peaceful looking scene with the soft color scheme. Nice work, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards! I love the beautifully layered colors and the paper piecing on the first card. Everything juste pops! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Both cards are gorgeous, Asha! I love the background and fabulous paper piecing on your Paper Players card. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome projects! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cuttin' and Stampin'!

    hugs,
    JoAnn
    Cuttin' and Stampin Orange DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic projects and adore your bold use of colour. Lou x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...