Thursday, 27 March 2014

A Floral Birthday Card

Good evening, my crafty cronies.  My last post was on Monday... so I guess it's about time I made a card and broadcasted it. There's a birthday coming up this weekend and I really don't want to miss it. Like I said, it's about time I made a card! My inspiration came from this week's Tuesday Morning Sketches... with plenty of artistic licence.

The background paper is from First Edition Spring Feast. 

 I mounted the flowers and buttons on foam tape. For cutting and layering the
greeting I used SB Scalloped Squares.

All Clearly Besotted stamps here. The polkadot blooms, individual leaves and 
buttons are from Fancy Florals; the leafy spray is from Leafy Accents and the
greeting is from Tag Along.
   
The sentiment is from It's Your Birthday, stamped with VersaFine Black Onyx.

Some challenges:

Tuesday Morning Sketches #242: Sketch - stretching it a bit :-)
Colour Throwdown #285: Colours
Seize The Birthday: Buttons and Rhinestones
WordArt Wednesday #125: AG Uplifting
Simon Says: AG With Buttons - die cut buttons
Paper Crafting Journey: AG










That's all from me this evening. What an exhausting day it has been. I'm so grateful you took the time to stop by this evening, but it's waaay past my bedtime and I'll drop by your place tomorrow. Nitey-nite!

Beijinhos!


22 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Asha!! I love your take on the sketch!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha ; )

    I love your take on the sketch!! and I adore your bright and hApPy!! greeting the recipient will feel LOVED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do love pink and brown together and thise flowers are stunners, have a good day Asha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and Beautiful flowers Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha! Your card is beautiful! I love the pink and brown, and it's the same as the card I posted Wednesday for WAW. LOVE it! Thanks for sharing with us, and have a blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Asha. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Asha! Love the colors and the flowers! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Ashe,love the colours and those flowers are awesome.
    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fab card Asha , I love the flowers on it
    Hugs Epie
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers are so beautiful. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love the colour combo and fabulous flowers. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Your polka dotted posies really pop! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling card! I love the colors and stitching always looks so fantastic. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card...wonderful use of the colors!! Love those polka dot flowers!! This for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely spring card Asha. Love the beautiful flowers.. Thanks for playing along in our "Anything Goes Challenge" at PCJ and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great combination of the challenges! I love the polka dotted flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Asha yuuuhuuu you are the winner on tuesday morning sketches yaaay congrats my dear friend....your card is always beautiful and you think out of the box with the sketch big congrats...you deserve it...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Asha, so pretty and feminine.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card...I love your lay-out and those stamped flowers with the leaves. They are awesome! Thank you for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Would love to see you join us again in our next Challenge. Leaving you with a blessing from God's Word in Joshua 1:9- "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Hugs always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey, creative license is the whole point! I love those polka-dot blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty and springy card.
    Thank you for joining us at STB.
    Hugs, Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun and bright birthday card Asha, I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...