Saturday, 29 March 2014

52 {C}CT March Pick-A-Previous Colour Challenge

It's our final challenge for the month and it also happens to be our fifth week. That means it's time for a Pick-A-Previous theme.

For her final stint as hostess, Patricia wants us to play with a Previous Colour Combo. It can be from this year or from any of our past challenges. Just go through our Color Combos Archive and take your pick.

I went way back in the annals history to September 2012. It seems like a life time ago. I picked this combo for 2 reasons:

1. I couldn't say NO to those yummy gingerbread men; and
2. I won Top Honours for my project with this colour combo.

Back then I never imagined that one day I'd be on the team with these super talented ladies. I remember squealing down the telephone to my husband with the news. He was my BIGGEST fan then ... and still is.




Anyways, enough gushing. Here is my creation for 2014.

I'm using all Waltzing Mouse stamps for this card. The greeting is from
Say It Loud- Winter Holiday. I stamped Christmas with VersaColor Scarlet
and Yummy Wishes with Memento Rich Cocoa.   

The basket and gingerbread men are from WMS Bountiful Basket Additions.
I coloured with Graph It markers and tied some red and white twine. There's
also a solitary red bling... can you spot it? For cutting and layering I used
SB Circle and Scalloped Circle dies. I embossed the white circle with the
Swiss Dots folder ans inked the edge with TH Vintage Photo.

I stamped random stars from the A Cottage Christmas set with VersaColor
Cocoa. Christmas isn't complete without stars ... or gingerbread men. I inked
the edges very lightly with TH Barn Door. 

The sentiment is also from the A Cottage Christmas set, stamped with
Memento Rich Cocoa.

How about you join me in these challenges too:

Completely Christmas #5: AG Christmas
Crimbo Crackers #61: AG Christmas
Alphabet Challenge: D for Diecuts
Crafty Catz #224: AG
Fab N Funky #209: Christmas
Addicted To Stamps #88: Holiday

Now it's your turn to create a festive card based on this week's challenge: Pick-A-Previous Colour. In order to be considered for Top Honour and Honourable Mentions, your new card must follow the challenge theme and you must link it to the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Challenge Blog by 6pm GMT / 1pm EST on Friday, 4 April. And here's the most important rule: Have Fun!

Thanks for stopping by today, my friends and enjoy the weekend!

Beijinhos!

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful christmas card Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Asha, this is so sweet! These gingerbread men are adorable and yummy looking too!
    Love this cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Asha, love the image and the sentiment - they suit the colours perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Asha, I love the cute image and the paper goes so pretty with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your basket of gingerbread guys is fabulous! Love the bakers twine trim and that sentiment is just perfect. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super chou Asha, ces bonhomme de pain d'épice sont adorables et très appétissants miam, j'aime beaucoup les étoiles du fond, biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Asha
    Fabulous card..... Love the image....
    Thanks for joining us at Completely Christmas ....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous full of fun and loveliness card sweetie.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy card Asha. LOVE that basket of cute gingy bread men. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Squeeeeeling here!! wow I LOVE this card it is like a basket filled with everything you need to dazzle ALL the senses! : )

    Asha I LOVE your winning card from 2012 as well. Your design was truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Pretty, Thank you for sharing with us over at Completely Christmas, we do hope you will join us again next week for another fun challenge...Good Luck...
    Hugs
    Suzy B ~Owner~Completely Christmas
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great card-Love the basket and colouring and I spotted the red bling:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. super card Asha - love the gingerbread theme - mine is following that theme tomorrow - lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, gingerbread men are always a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful colourful card. Thanks for joining in with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Christmas card, such a cute image and perfect for our challenge at Fab 'n' Funky this week. Thanks for joining in with our Fab 'n' Funky Christmas Challenge. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a delicious card Asha, you've done a marvellous job with those colours! A fabulous layout and that bold "Christmas" is wonderful! The twine around the basket is just the most perfect accent - inspired!

    It's an absolute pleasure having you with us on the DT at 52 {C}CT! : )

    Have a great week! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is so awesome!
    thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet-Challenge!

     

    Hugs and kisses from germany,

    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Christmas card. I love the gingerbread men and fabulous design of the card. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous christmas card. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't think it's possible for this to be more adorable! I love it! And I love your enthusiasm - I know my husband has been woken up a few times with me squealing about crafty news :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I remember this one (I had forgotten that you won, but I'm not surprised!) This time round you rocked it again, the gingerbread men are too cute! Love it!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Asha, this is so cute.. Love it.. Thank you so much for joining the fun at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. great Christmas card!!! fun image and great sentiment! Thank you for joining us in our anything goes challenge at Crafty Catz !
    Mirella DK
    March GDT Crafty Catz challenge – Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is soooooo sweet. I love it. Thank you for joining us over at Cafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  26. A wonderful Christmas card, great image and papers and love the little bit of twine tied around the basket.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Completely Christmas Challenge this week. Hope to see you again.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow - this is amazing - gorgeous gingerbread men - yum! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 4 with your lovely card - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...