Thursday, 6 February 2014

Fly Away With Me...

So, I had a crappy (excuse my French) day yesterday. You know.... the kind of day that you wish you had the good sense to stay in bed, preferably under the covers with a hot-water bottle, moving only to turn the page of a good book.

After dinner, with an extra potent Irish coffee in hand, I crawled into my craft room to decompress. It it rare for me to make a card without a person in mind...and I had to do something. Tidying up the craft table would have been a good start BUT that would just stress me out even more. So I sat down for a while and let the spirit (Irish spirit) move me into making this card:

Using up a scrap piece of green gingham paper from .... not a clue where.
For the background, I stamped little clouds from WMS Asian Additions set
with Versamagic White Chalk Ink. Then mounted the panel on to the card
base with foam tape.  I stamped the greeting directly on the card base and
made a window on the background panel.Embellishments: 4 white brads
and some Doodlebug twine.  

The focal image and greeting are from Clearly Besotted's  Up In The Air.
For stamping I used Versacolor Cardinal and Pink for the balloon and
Cocoa for the basket. I used coordinating die to cut the balloon and SB
dies for the layers. 

A peek inside. Continuing with hot-air balloon theme. The sentiment
is from CBS Make A Wish, stamped with Versafine Black Onyx.

My hot-air balloon is flying off to these challenges:

Tuesday Morning Sketches #235: Sketch
Divas By Design: Die Cuts
Twisted Tuesday #69: Sky + Something That Flies
Colour Throwdown #278: Colours - Pistachio Pudding, Pink Pirouette, White, Read Red, Crumb Cake
Fab 'n Funky #202: Brads
Tuesday Taggers: Travel
Word Art Wednesday #118: AG Uplifting
Simon Says Stamp on Wednesday: Have A Heart




Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a great day .... and tomorrow sees the start of a new challenge at Polka Doodles. We're are headed East .... it would be nice if you could join me. Until then, have a grrrreat day, mu friends!

Beijinhos


25 comments:

  1. I hope this made you feel better! And I love how the balloons are hart shaped. I sure hope today is better for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the balloon, what a fab shape and such a perfect use! Wonderful card, Irish coffee enhanced or not :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Asha! Love the color combo and balloons! Sorry you had a crummy day yesterday. Hope today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous creation sweetie, I hope you felt a whole lot better after producing this lovely card.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! The design and colors look so pretty! The balloons look great, too! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! I like your own made DP with those sweet little stamped clouds:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card gorgeous hot air balloon, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweetie this is perfect, hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that heart balloon! What a great way to use all the colors! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Asha hope you have a better day xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hallo Asha, I hope you feel better soon. Your card is gorgeous, I love the layout and pretty papers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Call me next time you're making Irish coffee. Yum! Your card is adorable, the hot air balloon is so sweet and I like that you took the theme to the inside of the card as well. Thank you so for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, really like the backing paper with that hot air balloon, it is lovely and really works well together. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky for this weeks challenge.
    Hugs Kelly - DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Asha, that is the way to recover from one of those days (I had one yesterday too, a humdinger. Boo, hiss.) I was lucky enough to spend a goodly portion of it with a book & a dog, some of it at my desk - and making a cheerful card? Some days, even though we don't send them to ourselves? They really are for us, aren't they? :)
    I love that green fluffy cloud background, and the twine, and the clever negative space for the sentiment on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautifully fresh card and the stiching gives it an extra boost. thank you for joing us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is very uplifting and fun. This is inspirational and beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us today at Word Art Wednesday
    Blessings, Carole (DT WAW)

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO very pretty, Asha. Thanks for sharing your talents with us by sharing your lovely art in our challenge.
    Blessings to you always,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry for your bad day, but it sure ended with a wonderful card!! I love that image and how you put the sentiment in a window!! sweet card!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card. Love all the stamping. Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness this is so cute, and you captured the colors perfectly!
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  21. An adorable card and I'm sure just the therapy you were needing :-)
    Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooooh, a heart shaped balloon...how super cute!!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card! And the inside is a perfect touch! So wonderful! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...