Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Tuesday Throwdown #183: Winged Fairy Tales

Here we are again, my friends. It's time for another Tuesday Throwdown challenge and our theme this week is "Winged Fairy Tales". All kinds of winged fairy-tale and fantasy characters are welcome for this linky party.... there's no need to limit yourself to just fairies.

Our generous sponsor this week is MelJen's Designs Digital Studio and the DT received a few darling images to play with this week. Pop by their on-line store and you'll soon find yourself squealing at the cuteness on display.  I'm using this lovely Swan Princess for my winged fairy tale offering:


I'm using up my scraps here with  an assortment of bits and pieces for a
patchwork blanket look... the kind you'll find in a child's crib. I'm keeping this
card sweet and simple with just some sheer ribbon for embellishment. 

Very very light strokes with my Promarkers for a touch of colour on the 
Swan PrincessI also added little dots of baby blue Liquid Pearls for a magical
fairy tale look. Did it work? Are you convinced? I hope the 18month old
recipient is pleased with my effort.  :-)

On the inside, I stamped little hearts and flowers in Pink and Blue VersaMagic
chalk ink.

This elegant Swan Princess is joining these chalsenges:

Make It Monday #179: AG
The Shabby Tea Room #206: Baby & Photo Inspiration
Cutie Pie Challenge #63: Cute + Spots / Dots
Eureka Stamps #77: Animal Friends
Crafty Sentiments: AG
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday: A Lotta Polka Dots
Sweet Stamps #157: AG

Now it's your turn, my friends. Create a papercraft project based on this week's theme of "Winged Fairy Tales". Link it up to the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge blog by 3pm PST / 11pm  GMT on Monday, February 24th. And don't forget to have fun!

I have been falling behind on my visiting. I do apologise.... bear with me, I'm making the rounds... slowly but surely. Thanks for stopping by, my friends and I wish y'all a terrific Tuesday!

Beijinhos!


31 comments:

  1. This is just so beautiful with the soft pastel colouring and I love the quilt effect in the background.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 800 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love thw quilting paper and the image dear Asha...lovely soft color too,...how are you doing..I miss you didnt see you on my Blog since a week dear Asha..hope you are doing well..really a lovely card you made this with soft colors..

    I see your creation on Make It Monday (MIM), my card is #43, if you would like to see it on my blog and if you would like to leave me some love I would be glad...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so delightful Asha. A really cute image and a fantastic layout.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha great card hun love it - have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Asha! I love the colors, papers and sweet image! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 18 month olds are horribly critical, so I dunno....but *I* think it's awesome! The quilted background is STUNNING and oh-so-fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this patchwork effect Asha and the colours are so pretty (puts DT hat on!!) and thanks for sharing your spots and dots with us at The Cutie Pie challenge. Good Luck! Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and sweet I really love the colors you selected!

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Asha, so pretty and the colours you have used are stunning..Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mix of papers and how you have made up a quilt effect background! Gorgeous and such a sweet image! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous! I just love the image. You did a beautiful job inside and out. Saw your wonderful creation at MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is fabulous Asha! The image and design are so pretty and I always love your stitching. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww this is adorable Asha, I love the cute image and pastel paper. Pretty inside and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous baby card. Love the patchwork quilt. That second photo is great to show off the touch of color. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card and patchwork design Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like just the touch of colour on the image, very elegant x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Asha, this is so beautiful! Love the soft color combo and that quilt-looking background. No apologies needed for lack of visiting -- I'm having the same problem. :-D How about if you and I agree to scroll through each other's blogs and not worry about leaving comments this time? Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the patchwork effect on the background in those lovely pastels and what a gorgeous image. Saw this on MIM.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  19. Checking out your creation from Make it Monday! Sweet image! Love the colors, and the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the quilted background, it goes very well with this sweet fairy tale like image! Great idea for using some of those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super Sweet card... love the quilted blocks! Thanks for joining us Flourishes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. a gorgeous serene scene...love the papers and image used.xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the image and sweet baby colors :) Thank you for joining TSTR challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful just love those colours x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so pretty!! I love the quilted look of the background too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the sweet soft and pretty look of this card. Looks like a patchwork quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, love your colour choices, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a darling cute card Asha !! Love the patchwork background !! thanks so much for playing this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    Good luck sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your patchwork background...wonderful colors and love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Asha, this is so beautiful! Love the soft colors!
    Thanks for playing this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  31. How gorgeous! I love the quilted style background! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...