Friday, 28 February 2014

Polka Doodles: Sugar & Spice

Hello again. my friends! Woohoo! It's Friday at last, my friends and we're having a long weekend. Tuesday is Carnival / Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday / Pancake Tuesday ....  holiday! . Most employers either close on Monday or allow employees to take the day off - affectionately known as "Ponte" - the Bridge because that Monday is the link that gives us a 4-day weekend. Can you not tell from this convoluted and laboured explanation this is a matter very close to my heart?! :-)

Here's another reason to send your heart aflutter - Polka Doodles Challenge. We kicked off a brand new theme last week - Sugar & Spice. These week we're bringing you some more inspiration and another 7 days to play along. Yay!

In keeping with the sweet and girly theme, I made a birthday card. We had Mama Bear's card on Monday, Papa Bear's card on Wednesday and today I bring a card for Baby Bear:


The paper is from Bonbon Belles Double CD. I added some pink liquid pearls
to frame the card. 

The image is a rubber stamp called "Gracie" from Polka Doodles Fairy Butterfly
series. I coloured her with Graph It and Promarkers. I heat embossed the butterfly
from this set onto some vellum, fussy cut it, added some liquid pearls and placed
it behind the little girl.

The flower is from Dolly Daydream Girl Talk CD and I added a butterfly that
my nieces sent me a couple of years ago. I never throw away anything! LOL.
The greeting is also from the "Gracie", heat embossed in white.

So I had an extra flower and could not bear to chuck it. Guess where it ended up?! 

You'll find this card at these challenges:

Jelly Park Challenges: Things With Wings
Sister Act Cards #46: AG Cards Only
Simon Says Stamp on Wednesday: AG with Pearls - liquid pearls
DL.Art Thankful Thursday #127: Image of a Girl / Lady
Seize The Birthday: AG Birthday

That's my card for this challenge. Now how about you show me yours! You have a week to prepare a "Sugar & Spice" concoction. And make sure you link it up at the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog by Noon GMT on 7 March. As always, there's a risk you might win some fabulous prizes!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to have fun! 

Beijinhos!


23 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fab Asha!!! its beautiful have a great weekend huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love how you did the wings and how she's on top of the sentiment. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Asha - this is fabulous!! Love the stamp Gracie and your fabulous choice of colours and papers! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Asha lovely design.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Asha and the wings are fabulous. Have a great weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Asha! Love the wings and the colours. Enjoy your long weekend. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Asha, I like the sweet image and the papers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Asha. Beautiful layout.
    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, I really like the stamped girl and your coloring is fantastic, the heat embossed butterfly is really nice.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #127 girl or lady image challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card Asha, I love the cute fairy and pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable. Your coloring of the image is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asha, I do love this fab card!! The images is sooo darling and I love her cut out!! The vellum butterfly and pretty colors are so pretty together! Have a fun Holiday weekend, sounds good to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Asha so bright and cheerful x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous!! Love your sewing and added sparkles! I must get my sewing machine out again... HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a really sweet girly card! Love the spring feel of the colors, and is like how you added stitching to make decorative corners!

    ReplyDelete
  17. your fairy butterfly is adorable, I love how the wings look in vellum and it's perfect for out things with wings challenge. thanks for joining us at Jellypark Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the image and the wings from your nieces.Such a beautiful creation! Thank you for playing with us at Jellypark Friends for our "Things with Wings" challenge.
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cute! Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is very cute! I love her wings! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Dt Inspiration for the challenge

    Hugs Kerrie
    Polkadoodles DT x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Asha! Love the wings and the colors you chose...really lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...