Monday, 24 February 2014

Monday Best Wishes

Hello there, my crafty buds. It's the start of a brand new week and I am determined to make it a good one! You know, the right frame of mind, right attitude, etc etc, and so on and so forth. After all, there are a dozen reasons to be happy... although the weather isn't one of them!

I've been so busy making Christmas cards that I have totally overlooked birthday card. There was a grand total of NONE in my stash, but that's been fixed now. This week will be all about birthday cards. Here's the first:


I made a tall and skinny card measuring 8"x4". The papers
are from Basic Grey's Piccadilly. The side panel is a piece of
vellum embossed with the Swiss Dots folder.

Here's a close-up of the card. The butterflies are from Clearly Besotted's
Butterfly Wishes: the large one stamped with VersaMagic Sea Breeze and
the little ones with Memento London Fog. I added some Baby Blue Liquid
Pearls and iridescent bling. The greeting is from CB's Many Messages
stamped with VersaFine Black Onyx and SB dies for cutting & layering.

The sentiment is from CB's Make A Wish.


Taking my card to these challenges:

Mojo Monday #334: Sketch + Tall & Skinny Card
Clearly Besotted Challenge #8: Colour
Make It Monday #180: AG
Eureka Stamps #78: Add A Butterfly
Make My Monday: Grown Up Card
Keep It Simple #34: Things with Wings
4 Crafty Chicks #182: Things With Wings
Curtain Call: Cosy Quilt



That's my project for today. Thank you so much for stopping by. I'm off to make dinner... I hear the footsteps in the kitchen and the fridge opening and shutting. Oh dear! That usually means hubby is channelling Gordon Ramsey. ... Oh dear! Must run!


Have a lovely Monday!

Beijinhos!





35 comments:

  1. Simply lovely!! Your embossed velum is a wonderful touch!!

    I pray you have a wonderful week friend!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous papers Asha, great sized card too. Vellum seems to be making a comeback and I love that you have embossed yours, adds more lovely texture and your stitching, as ever, is wonderful!! Here's to a good week!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Asha and I love what you have done with the vellum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that embossed vellum! Your choice of papers and the butterflies make me even more excited for spring. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so beautiful Asha, I love the vellum embossed strip and the pretty butterflies. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooooooo pretty Asha its gorgeous...I love to emboss vellum it looks so elegant huggles have a great week!!! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Asha! I love the soft colors and pretty papers! Wonderful design! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very beautiful Asha..soft and delicate..gorgeous..
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!! Love all those butterflies :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Asha, so elegant and the vellum just lifts the card, have a fun week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So soft & gorgeous! I love the mix of patterns - and I too have been madly making birthday cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning sweetie, wow this is just gorgeous, as always hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW - this is gorgeous! Love the tall skinny :-) Great papers and love the vellum and butterflies! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your sweet pastels card Asha. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Spotted you on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and reminds me of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with Verna...it does feel full of the promise of Spring!
    Gorgeous butterflies and I like the dotted swiss EF on the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful Asha, such beautiful colours and fab stitching Hun.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Always so beautiful and I love the vellum-the butterflies-very whispy and elegant-spring is near!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Asha.
    What a beautiful card, it's so serene. I love all the stitching, too. Simply beautiful. I'm your newest fan.
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    CRe8n4u

    PS ~ Sorry about... Kitty Xiara, Turtle Joe and Snoopi :( It's always hard to see them go. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great grown up card, thank you for joining us this week at MMM, Laura DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Asha beautiful papers and butterflires, the vellum is very effective too.

    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is absolutely gorgeous Asha !
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Asha. Beautiful card and stitching. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow dear Asha! What a fabulous & delightful card. Love all your gorgeous touches, of the stitching...lovely & soft.
    Thank you for playing along at 4 Crafty Chicks.
    Debi - GDT@4CC

    ReplyDelete
  25. Don't you just love when you can combine several challenges to make one amazing card? I'm off to check out some of these new-to-me challenges you have listed.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just lovely!!

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so pretty, and love the addition of vellum. Thanks for joining us this week for "Add a Butterfly."
    Good Luck.

    Karal DT for Eureka Stamps
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning card Asha!! LOVE the butterflies and dotted embossed vellum so beautiful with the pretty dp ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Asha I love the summery color on your card...it will make winter go LOL..lovely creation dear Asha...

    I see your creation on Make It Monday (MIM), my card is #52, if you would like to see it on my blog and if you would like to leave me some love I would be glad...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so soft and delicate, I just love how you use vellum details on your cards, very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely, Asha! Marvelous papers and I love the embossed vellum. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Another stunning card, Asha! x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...