Monday, 10 February 2014

Hugs and Kisses

Hello there! It's Mojo time, my friends. It's also the start of another week and I'm hoping it will be a good one. The weekend was riotous, weather wise. Gale force winds, buckets of rain and overnight ice. We woke up to find bits of our neighbour's roof in our garden. Hopefully our roof hasn't travelled anywhere...we'll know when it starts to rain inside!

Enough small talk. I'm here to show you a card I made for my husband's favourite sister-in-law... His only sister-in-law... My baby sister!

The papers are from my stash and I've had them for quite awhile. I think they're
called "Sew Pretty". I'm using stamps by Clearly Besotted.

The bloom and buttons are from the Fancy Florals set. I stamped the flower 
onto cherry CS with VersaMagic Niagra Mist chalk ink and to stamp the 
button I used VersaMagic Sea Breeze.  This card is mail-friendly because 
I'm using all-paper buttons.

The leaves are from Leafy Accents, stamped with VersaColor Sage Green and 
the sentiment is from Many Messages, stamped with VersaColor Scarlet.
I tied a sheer blue bow on the tag.

Inside, I've used the smallest flower from Fancy Florals, stamped with
VersaColor Baby Blue and Scarlet. The sentiment is from Many Messages,
stamped with Versafine Black Onyx. 

You'll find this floral arrangement at these challenges:

Mojo Monday #332: Sketch
Clearly Besotted #8: Colour Challenge
Stamplorations February: Stamps & Stitches
Make It Monday #178: AG
Simon Says Stamp - Monday: We Love Stamps
Dream Valley Challenge: Tag, You're It!
Pile It On #6: Spots / Stripes - spots
Whoopsi Daisy: Include a Sentiment


That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by and have a productive week.  See you in a few days!

Beijinhos!

27 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, I love that you decorated the inside too. I love the added stitching and the flower and backing paper is lovely. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Asha. such pretty colours and combinations of flowers. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Asha and clearly for a special person! Your stitching always impresses me and this is no exception xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely inside and out, I am sure your sister adored it as much as I do.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really lovely card Asha and your sister will be thrilled with it. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got such a great eye for combining colors and patterns, like you did on this card. It's looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeoussss card Asha your sister will love it!!! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty with all the different layers and textures - I loved it. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous, everything blends so perfectly together, and the stitching just adds to the charm! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh praise the Lord you stayed safe!!

    Your card is so soft and lovely!! Your baby sister will love it!

    BIG (((Hugs)))

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and colours Asha. I spotted this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card and fabulous papers - I love the bow and the flower! Hope your storms have passed with no damage to your property! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you ever missed a mojo Monday!! Fab mix of papers and love the sheer blue ribbon. You sound like you are having our weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is totally adorable! Your sister is going to love it :)
    Hopefully the storming is over - we have one spot that leaks when the conditions are 'just so' so I hope you don't find that you have one too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your card. So beautiful on the outside and inside as well. And, that sounds like a terrible storm. I am glad you are okay! Stay safe now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you have followed the design through to the inside of the card as well - its stunning

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Asha, This is so gorgeous!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card Asha!! I love the prints and the fun flower, so pretty! You little sis is sure to be quite delighted with this lovely creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely stitching. Fun fabricy papers too. I love that the buttons are mail-friendly. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations with your lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card Asha, I love all the gorgeous detail you have here, many thanks for sharing with us at Whoopsi Daisy this week, best of luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so special. Love the front of the card of course...but especially love that stamping on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a beautiful card, Asha. I love the fabulous embellishments and layers. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. A fab card I love the flower. Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, love your colour choices, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your floral card looks perfect, Asha! Love the colour combination :) Thank you so much for joining in with the Clearly Besotted Challenge x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...