Saturday, 22 February 2014

52 {C}CT February Stash Challenge

Happy Saturday, my friends!!! Excited about the weekend? I sure am. And here's another reason to do the happy dance .... a new challenge at 52{Christmas} Card Throwdown! Get your shades on my friend because this week, our February hostess was us to play with Metallic Papers. So, go through your stash and dig out those shinny papers and make something festive. And if, like me, you've always harboured a hankering desire to dish out a bright, brassy yet tastefully gaudy Christmas card, here's your excuse. What'ya think of my howlingly flashy number? Calling it my James Brown Poinsettia ... and I feel good!




I used SB Poinsettia dies to cut and emboss the big bloom. So as not to loose focus
the card sketch is simple with just one broad horizontal plaid panel and some sheer
gold ribbon. The greeting is from Clearly Besotted's Pretty Poinsettia, stamped with
VersaFine Black Onyx, with a couple of gold bling on either side.
 

Ok, you can take off your shades now. Guess I'm still an ol' fashioned gal at heart
by sticking to traditional Christmas colours. There's a gold brad in the middle of
the Poinsettia.  

Another sentiment from the Pretty Poinsettia set, stamped in VersaFine Black Onyx.

Taking my card to these challenges:

Winter Wonderland Challenge: The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
ABC Christmas Challenge: D for Die-cuts - SB dies for the Poinsettia
CHNC February Extra - AG Christmas
Cards Galore #2: Gem / Glitter / Candi
Crafty Ribbon #77: AG with Ribbon
Clean & Simple Stamping #281: Sketch
Stamping Boutique #5: Punch or Die-cuts - Poinsettia die-cuts
Stampin' For The Weekend: Flower Power
Make It Monday #180: AG


Now it's your turn to create a festive card using Metallic Papers. In order to be considered for Top Honour and Honourable Mentions your card must follow this week's theme and you must link it to the 52 {Christmas}Card Throwdown Challenge Blog by 6pm GMT / 1pm EST on Friday, 28 February. And here's the most important rule: Have Fun!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend. The weatherman promised us a dry day today with some sunny spells ... I hope he's right!

Beijinhos!

35 comments:

  1. elle est lumineuse et ce poinsettia est fabuleux, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Asha, make sure the recipient doesn't suffer from migraine though!! My dotty embossing folder is by Provo Craft/Cuttlebug, however I can't seem to find one anywhere. It came with my Cuttlebug about ten years ago, so may have been discontinued :0( Have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous design. Love the sewing in the background and how the poinsettia pops against the background.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Asha. I love your poinsettia. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - love that Poinsettia and the fab tartan background! TFS and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colour and texture on your Poinsettia ! Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shimmer of the bold metal looks great against the more neutral and traditional papers. I've got metal tape, but I sure will go more closely through my pile of papers to see if I've got some metal ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic poinsettia sweetie, great depth and shimmer to it.

    Enjoy what's left of your weekend.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. FUNNY! post : ) GREAT card

    Owwwwwwww! I feel good nah nah nah nah nah nah nah - I knew that I would....

    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Asha - love your post today :o) Now I'll be stuck with that song in my head all day. I think your big bold brassy poinsettia is fabulous. Anyone would be happy to receive this card. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful metallic papers!! Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique! Hope you join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab metallic papers Asha ! love the poinsettia ..huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That flower is GORGEOUS! LOVE this beautiful focal point! HUGS and have a wonderful rest of your weekend! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your poinsettia turned out great! It's stunning against the plaid background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. a beautiful Christmas card, thank you for joining us and preparing for that Special Time of Year
    hugs Kate xx
    Winter Wonderland DT
    ps I have some new release candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card and love the poinsettia in that metallic papers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, love the understated background which is just right for the bold colourful poinsettia, certainly is a 'rock star' of a card!
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card and colors Asha. I saw this on MIM...Loz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Asha. I spotted this on MIM. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  20. There's nothing better than a bit of 'shine', great flower. I also love all the stitching. Thank you for joining us at CHNC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty card. I saw it on MIM. #1

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your big shiny poinsettia - so beautiful and the plaid background works perfectly. Love the stitched details too! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE it! The James Brown poinsettia - now we just need someone to grow one! lol! This is beautifully shiny, Asha :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the shiny paper! Great job on this card! I saw it on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, a gorgeous shiny poinsettia to adorn your fab card. Thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for entering your lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for February - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  27. You could also enter this for CHNC 165 as you have a sentiment on the card - would love to see it there too xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW, Asha, this is stunning! I never thought about using metallic paper for making a poinsettia. I definitely have to try this. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the metallic poinsettia flowers - really quite striking! Hugs, Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  30. A great use of your metallic papers - a beautiful card - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow Asha, I love your bright 'James Brown' poinsettia card! The person who receives this will be sure to 'feel good' too, it will brighten up a dull winter day, spreading festive cheer! Fab use of metalics! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi this is a gorgeous Christmas card! Thanks for joining in with the Winter Wonderland Challenge this week.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such pretty colors. The stitching looks great! Caught my eye on MIM. Thanks, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a wonderful creation, I love the metallic papers! So glad you joined us for our Die Cut Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...