Monday, 20 January 2014

You Make Me Smile

Oh no, it's Monday again. Is it me or does the weekend just whooosh by at sonic speed? Maybe what we really need is a 3-day weekend. ... sigh ... Until such time, I shall take comfort in playing Mojo Monday.

Today I made a card for my hubby. He can share it with Peanut since both of them have been behaving very well all week. It'll serve as a Valentine's day card. We're not the gushing sort, but I think this card will let him know what I really think of him. (I hope he has the good sense to continue dropping his socks in the laundry bin!)


The papers are from WMRK's Travel Light pad. As this is a
masculine card, I'm keeping the embellies to a minimum
with just some twine. 

The balloons are from Clearly Besotted's Make A Wish set,
stamped with Versacolor Tropical Green, Hyacinth and
Memento Elderberry. The sentiment is from the "Tag Along"
set stamped with  Versafine Black Onyx.

On the inside I stamped a couple more balloons in keeping
with card front.

I'm taking my card to these linky parties:

Mojo Monday #329: Sketch
Make It Monday #175: AG
Hobby Cutz Challenge #32: Lots of Layers
Clearly Besotted #7: Love
Gem of A Challenge #111: For the Boys
Creative Knockout: Tag, You're It
Dream Valley #73: Boys / Men
Frosted Designs Friday Challenge: Polkadots

That's from me today. I hope you'll be able to stop by tomorrow for a yummy Tuesday Throwdown post. Thanks for stopping by and a have a ovely Monday.

Beijinhos!





19 comments:

  1. Great card and I'm so glad they've stopped misbehaving with the socks, the little tinkers!! I'm sure that your lovely card will be much appreciated by both!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Asha I had a right chuckle your talking about socks and in comes Ollie with a pair of Pauls because he forgot to shut the bathroom door when he went for a shower hahahaha lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, wunderschöne Karte
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome sweetie, I am sure hubby and peanut will adore it.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great card asha , im sure hubby will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great card and I love the balloon stamps! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asha, your pretty festive card made me smile too. Love the bright turquoise & shades of lavendar on the balloons, your wonderful stitching and the combo of the pretty papers you used. I'm sure your DH will smile too, when he opens it. Your interior decorations made it so perfectly finished off. I need to do more of that. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful, Asha. I love the balloon image and pretty background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card!!! Beautiful balloons and twine!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colours for hubby Asha and love how you have placed the balloons with 2 popped up x

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can think now is that on the inside you've GOT to write - you make me smile...when you put your socks in the laundry bin :) This is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I really love the string, great accent! As for the weekends, yes they go by too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley challenge.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhh what a cute card! I really love the colors you have used for it!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Creative knockouts this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your cards! thanks for joining us for the polka dots challenge at frosted designs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab cards.

    Thanks for sharing at Hobbycutz and Dream Valley this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card for your hubby!! I love the papers and colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love love your colour combinations and the different layers of the card :) x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...